Inverness CT -V- Ayr United - Preview

tm4tj

I think the bottom line is that none of us know when a goal is going to come for ICT because really we never look like scoring.If we cannot score and we cannot defend then why are we surprised we have not won a game for so long.It is now rare to feel excited at a Caley home game.Indeed I'm not sure anymore what that feels like.

8 minutes ago, forresjags said:

No idea where you thought I was having a go at the goalkeeper. Maybe go back and re read what was said.

Sorry, my bad.  I quoted your "only positive of the day" because I was trying to say that there was another one - Cammy's performance.  That's all.

I can see why you thought what you did.  Apologies again.

On 2/17/2022 at 9:06 PM, Robert said:

I can’t explain why, but I’ve a good feeling about Saturday’s game and am looking forward to a home win.

Well my hope was seriously misplaced!

Another very disappointing performance and result. Ayr scored with their first attempt when we allowed a free header. Until then we’d had plenty possession and territory, but not troubled Ayr, who themselves looked abject.

The game was over when we lost the second and thereafter it was desperate stuff and our formation went out of the window after Carson’s red card.

For me, only MacKay, McAlear, Chalmers and Pearson get pass marks of the starting 11. Some of substitutions were strange. We should have gone three at the back with Duffy, Broadfoot and Deas after the red, but we subbed the two players who looked like they could create (Chalmers and Pearson) and at times McAlear seemed to be our only defender!

We had some woeful passing, and too often just played a hopeful ball forward, forgetting we don’t have an obvious target man when the ball is in the air.

I don’t like being critical of our home grown youngsters, but Harper had his poorest game and I think it highlighted the lack of confidence amongst him and many in the team.

Yes we were missing a lot of players (presumably Ridgers and Welsh injured?), but that’s no excuse. That was a very poor Ayr side we were playing, and the Ayr fans summed up the afternoon for me when they were chanting “it’s so fxxxing easy”.

Two TV games next. We normally do well in them. If we do, in my opinion it will be due to players trying to show other Managers what they can do in order to get a move, rather than the management team suddenly motivating them and coaching them right.

4 wins since the start of October, no wins in 9. It says it all. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

It's really quite astounding that despite our current dire form we're still 3rd in the league table.

I just wonder if 39 points is sufficient to avoid the play-offs, as I don't see us getting any more points on the board!

The most disappointing aspect today was that it was all very predictable...if we can predict what is going to happen surely something is just no right ?? I don't personally have the answers but then again I'm not on the payroll. It is entirely up to everyone who is on the payroll.

• Agree 1

Look at our next 4 league games:

Away - Hamilton

Away - Partick

Home - Arbroath

Away - Raith

If we still have the same management team in place for these games then we're not winning any of them. 

Can anyone seriously see where are win in all that comes from?

Answers on a postcard unless you're Billy Dodds, he'll have us down to win them all.

• Agree 1

Quite simply, Dodds has to go. I didn't think he was the right man for the job when appointed and said so on this forum. I also said that while I would give him my support, I thought he was poor tactically and have sadly been proved correct. It has been obvious for weeks that our formation, two men playing wide, wasn't working and left the midfield exposed and overrun at times. The formation worked when we had our strongest team on the park, including Gardyne, who saved us in a lot of the early games. We haven't had our strongest team available for a long time due to injuries and the Gardyne situation but the tactics have remained the same despite results showing it wasn't working. 

There also appears to be a total lack of leadership on the field at times from the experienced players similar to a lack of leadership from Dodds perhaps. The club took the lazy, and probably cheap option, in employing Dodds and our board and CEO are culpable on this. Do we actually still have a board/CEO by the way as they seem totally invisible at the moment. If no visible signs of improvement in the next two games, I have to seriously consider attending any more games this season, and as a season ticket holder for over 20 years, this would be hard. I honestly think our club has become a complete shambles and we need a long term plan on how we change things. 

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 3

Watching the “highlights”, Carson was lucky not to get a straight red rather than a second yellow for his challenge.

Credit Cammy MacKay for his saves and there was nothing he could do about the goals.

Like others, I’m finding our current performances soul destroying.

24 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

That’s all I could find too. Is it odd that the club captain is unexpectedly not in the match day squad and there seems to have been no explanation?

Another example of how well the club communicates with fans……

The club’s report:

https://ictfc.com/match-report-ictfc-1-2-ayr-utd-19-02-2022

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

Deaie me - just watched the Dodds post-match interview. What conclusion can we draw from these latest comments other than establishing that the guy is completely delusional and incapable of arresting our ongoing downward spiral. The very least he can do is hold his hands up and be honest with us, instead we get the same meaningless platitudes every week and frankly disingenuous analyis of a performance which was rank rotten for all to see.  

Meanwhile we have the usual deafening silence from Gardiner and the board. The level of communication and transparency, at a full-time club which has spent significant time in the Premiership, would genuinely embarass most Highland League sides. Grim times.

Edited by ymip
  • Well Said 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic