Inverness CT -V- Ayr United - Preview

tm4tj

Surely the club must be concerned with what's happening? Attendances have fallen dramatically, the football is boring to watch, and results are dire. Feels like we're in freefall!

Yesterday on entering the ground I even witnessed one fan being stopped by a steward and asked to open his jacket for a security check. This wasn't a youngster but a senior fan, and in freezing cold weather! Wtf is going on at the club. They'll have no fans left at this rate!🤬

• Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Surely the club must be concerned with what's happening? Attendances have fallen dramatically, the football is boring to watch, and results are dire. Feels like we're in freefall!

Yesterday on entering the ground I even witnessed one fan being stopped by a steward and asked to open his jacket for a security check. This wasn't a youngster but a senior fan, and in freezing cold weather! Wtf is going on at the club. They'll have no fans left at this rate!🤬

I'm a 41 year old guy walking in holding my 8 year old daughter's hand and was asked to do the same. I asked them why as I've never been asked to do this in my life and was told they were looking for flares 🤷‍♂️😂

• Funny 1

25 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone on this site who still wishes BD to continue as head coach?

It is certainly the time for a new direction, but I just can't see the club being able to afford to get rid of him. Football is a very strange place, where you can be hopeless at your job and will usually get a hefty pay off, while in the real world, if you are found to be incompetent at your job, you get shown the door, with just your P45, and then walk into another job. Think of all the managers that have been given the sack, it doesn't seem to put other clubs off hiring them. For me, we should hire within, I like the idea of Christie and Tokely, we need to get some passion into the club again, and Dodds might be a nice guy, but I want to see him get angry, shout at the players, but I just don't think he's got that inspirational streak in him.

The stadium is barely a quarter full.Could you imagine Hearts or Aberdeen playing to 5000 home fans and the board burying their head in the sand thinking all is ok.

For to long the supporters have been taken for granted, ***** catering ,flooded carparks, terrible stewarding, non existent communications, the list is endless.

The place is just soul destroying at the moment.

Things have to change or more fans will just drift away.

• Well Said 5

48 minutes ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Good grief!! 

36 minutes ago, forresjags said:

The stadium is barely a quarter full.Could you imagine Hearts or Aberdeen playing to 5000 home fans and the board burying their head in the sand thinking all is ok.

For to long the supporters have been taken for granted, ***** catering ,flooded carparks, terrible stewarding, non existent communications, the list is endless.

The place is just soul destroying at the moment.

Things have to change or more fans will just drift away.

Well said. I think fans put up with most of the other stuff no matter how bad if the product on the park is good. However I agree if nothing done soon there will be very few folk left! I can't remember crowds ever being this poor even in dark times in the past? 

Just now, scottishhighlands said:

good to read the stewarding is not as good as it was in my day mind next time he asks any of you to  open  his or her  jacket ask to see there SIA badge first before you open it 

Apparently not required at our level? Also we found out in Arbroath there is no requirement for them to pass on their SIA details when requested! 

3 hours ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Could have been me, came in with Caley 100, thankfulky never searched me I was the successful decoy, he had a load of booze,  fireworks and a tank up his jumper.

4 hours ago, Fraz said:

I'm a 41 year old guy walking in holding my 8 year old daughter's hand and was asked to do the same. I asked them why as I've never been asked to do this in my life and was told they were looking for flares 🤷‍♂️😂

I used to smuggle flares into Kingsmills every second week for at least three seasons in the 70s

• Funny 2

8 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Could have been me, came in with Caley 100, thankfulky never searched me I was the successful decoy, he had a load of booze,  fireworks and a tank up his jumper.

I saw a few rockets going off in the north stand near the end of the game.

They seemed to have evaded security countermeasures. 

6 hours ago, Fraz said:

I have been asked to do that for the last few games now, never really knew why, I never take a bag with me and thought it was a bit over the top.

Why does the Chairman not come out,highlight that he is listening to the valuable supporters and then propose a plan to deal with the doom and gloom hanging over Caley stadium. Tell us why the communication which he started his tenure triumphing, has dropped to next to zero. Tell us why there are not proper parking facilities around the club and why the catering is a bit of a 'hit or a miss' and then tell us why he thinks the team have imploded. Is there a reason that we, the loyal fans know nothing about. Is there a reason why some of the players don't have desire and drive to play and maybe tell us what goes on at training,because whatever they are doing makes no difference week in and week out. Finally, can he no tell us if he is concerned that as a club we are all disconnected and not looking or acting professionally and explain why we should have to put up wth much more of this.

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 6

20 hours ago, Satan said:

I saw a few rockets going off in the north stand near the end of the game.

They seemed to have evaded security countermeasures. 

Sounds like a few rockets directed up some rear ends is needed - all in all some very depressing reading and I really don't think BD has the capability to light the necessary touch paper.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

Why does the Chairman not come out,highlight that he is listening to the valuable supporters and then propose a plan to deal with the doom and gloom hanging over Caley stadium. Tell us why the communication which he started his tenure triumphing, has dropped to next to zero. Tell us why there are not proper parking facilities around the club and why the catering is a bit of a 'hit or a miss' and then tell us why he thinks the team have imploded. Is there a reason that we, the loyal fans know nothing about. Is there a reason why some of the players don't have desire and drive to play and maybe tell us what goes on at training,because whatever they are doing makes no difference week in and week out. Finally, can he no tell us if he is concerned that as a club we are all disconnected and not looking or acting professionally and explain why we should have to put up wth much more of this.

We have a board member who has a wealth of media experience and was going to be dealing with communication on behalf of the club but I think he must be hiding in the old Raigmore bunker!

59 minutes ago, IBM said:

We have a board member who has a wealth of media experience and was going to be dealing with communication on behalf of the club but I think he must be hiding in the old Raigmore bunker!

No media experience should be required just a willingness no keep the promise to communicate regularly and honestly with the fans which has been utterly lacking for months.

On 2/19/2022 at 5:42 PM, SteveA said:

Dodds must go. He doesn't have a clue what he is doing, the players aren't playing for him and the supporters are against him. The sooner he goes and takes Barry Wilson with him the better. The lack of fight, commitment, desire and quality today was an absolute disgrace. We don't have any kind of gameplan. Dodds is so far out of his depth it's unreal. 

and take Kellacher also unless its the entire coaching staff clear out nothing will change

• Agree 4

Partick play Morton tomorrow evening, so it’s likely we will drop to fourth.

If we lose to Hamilton on Friday they will only be 6 points behind us, so we could soon find ourselves in the bottom half of the table if our poor form continues. 

• tm4tj unpinned this topic