Inverness CT -V- Ayr United - Preview

tm4tj

Same story every week. We dominate posession but do nothing with it. Passing is generally atrocious. Opposition goes up the park and scores from their solitary attempt. We huff and puff and generally look incapable of scoring. It's absolutely soul destroying. If we get nothing out of today we really need to be looking at a radical change of direction.

Edited by ymip
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Beginning to feel like groundhog day: get to Saturday; optimistic about the game; think our furtunes will change; game kicks off; get to half time

Sigh 😕 

Remember when we used to be able to get to half time at 0v0, I'd take that as a bonus 

Things need to change, right now. Could be BDs biggest team talk to date 

3 minutes ago, MrCaleyjag said:

Beginning to feel like groundhog day: get to Saturday; optimistic about the game; think our furtunes will change; game kicks off; get to half time

Sigh 😕 

Remember when we used to be able to get to half time at 0v0, I'd take that as a bonus 

Things need to change, right now. Could be BDs biggest team talk to date 

Yep because it could be his last and rightly so because this form is nothing short of abysmal and totally ******* unacceptable! 

• Agree 1

The last time we were this bad and we all spoke like this was when Foran was in charge and look how that ended.

Had we not got 19pts from the first 7 games we'd be in that said same situation.

Everyone is asleep at the wheel and drastic change is needed now.

• Agree 2

It would be a mistake to say that our season is falling apart.

It actually fell apart weeks ago with a few poor results by our opponents papering over the cracks which have now become crevices.

Our coaching staff are clueless and have no idea how to arrest the decline.

We might just pip Partick or Raith Rovers for the final play off place if we are lucky but have no prospect of progressing through the play offs on current form.

Time to turn our minds to next season and, within our limited resources, have a serious think about what coaches and players we need for a proper sustained promotion push.

Bitterly disappointing from where we were. Too late to save this season but it is patently obvious, even if it wasn't before, that root and branch change is required.

• Agree 5

On 2/17/2022 at 9:06 PM, Robert said:

I can’t explain why, but I’ve a good feeling about Saturday’s game and am looking forward to a home win.

I am pleased that I could not bring myself to share your optimism.

That would have been even more crushing and soul destroying.

Ayr Utd by far the better team then again we make alot of these teams look good with terrible defending.

10 games left now wonder if we can do anything to end on a high. Maybe enough to stay in a play off place then again not holding out much hope off going up via the play offs

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I have no interest in hearing what Billy Dodds has to say post match.

I have heard it all before and it wore very thin a very long time ago.

Only thing that changes in his talks is the team name we are playing against. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ymip said:

Tokely nailed it on comms; no workrate, no heart, no desire. 

Agreed. If it were a lack of skill or ability that was the main issue that would be easier to take.

However, the bigger issue is a lack of desire and commitment which is very much harder to stomach.

• Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic