Inverness CT -V- Ayr United - Preview

tm4tj

Another dismal performance.Absolutely shocking and Sutherland doesn't get hooked at half time and then we take off possibly our better players.I no longer drive home despondent as I am now well used to it.3rd plays 8th and they (8th)have one shot on target in the first half and score.All after Harper gives away the ball at the halfway line. Carson gets a stupid first booking and he is walking a tight rope for the rest of the game.Inevitable he walked.Lacked any fighting spirit again.

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie
  • Agree 1

I swear to god, if that clown is still manager by Monday then I won't be happy, it's so evident that he has to GO RIGHT THIS MINUTE, though I'd like to hear what **** he comes out with in the interview! 

So predictable after his stupidity of basically saying we would win, totally underestimating Ayr. 

Whilst the manager has a lot to answer for and shows no sign of being able to arrest our decline, quite a few of the players are just not showing the basic qualities required of a professional footballer.

Edited by Yngwie

Dodds must go. He doesn't have a clue what he is doing, the players aren't playing for him and the supporters are against him. The sooner he goes and takes Barry Wilson with him the better. The lack of fight, commitment, desire and quality today was an absolute disgrace. We don't have any kind of gameplan. Dodds is so far out of his depth it's unreal. 

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, CaleyTennis said:

Bit harsh on Barry Wilson SteveA but I actually agree but that's based on the fact that a new manager will want his own coaching team in place. 

I'd keep Scott Kellacher and Ryan Esson though. 

I don't think it's harsh at all. We've kept these same guys in place far to many times when we've changed managers. From what I've seen of Wilson on the touchline he offers nothing. He stands with his hands in his pockets doing not an awful lot all game. Watching him today it seems his job is to shout over to the subs to come and get ready to come on. 

• Agree 4

I looked at our stats at half time, 67% possession and no shots, that about sums us up. I can't remember a time where I have been more despondent about watching ict, no desire, no tactics, no skill and a manager with no idea. Teams must be rubbing their hands knowing that they are coming to inverness to get three points. Teams have sussed us out now, and if it wasn't for the points we picked up in the early part of the season, we would be in the relegation zone now, and heading down. A new direction has to be paramount for the remainder of the season, as my prediction of ict ending up 5th is on the cards. What a woeful performance. 

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Whilst the manager has a lot to answer for and shows no sign of being able to arrest our decline, quite a few of the players are just not showing the basic qualities required of a professional footballer.

There is so obviously something not right behind scenes? 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

Maybe it is time for Ross Tokely.I cannot see us getting any better.I thought today was the day,I came with optimism and positivity then I thought the team would be in a similar mindset,but no!The best we look like getting this season is 5th(if we are lucky).Unfortunately we are heading in the wrong direction.

At least Rossco seems to get what is required by his chat on commentary? Unlike the bench we have!! 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Only positive from today

You can't blame Cammy MacKay for the goals, and I thought he had a decent game today. Score would have been at least 4 if it wasn't for his saves. 

I never worry when I hear that he's in the team.  And I still think his ball distribution is better than Ridgers' - he very often rolls it out to ensure we retain possession, rather than launch a 50-50 ball down the park.  It's not his fault that the 10 in front of him don't know what to do with it....

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

You can't blame Cammy MacKay for the goals, and I thought he had a decent game today. Score would have been at least 4 if it wasn't for his saves. 

I never worry when I hear that he's in the team.  And I still think his ball distribution is better than Ridgers' - he very often rolls it out to ensure we retain possession, rather than launch a 50-50 ball down the park.  It's not his fault that the 10 in front of him don't know what to do with it....

Not much rolling it out today.

Or did I miss something?

Hoof!!

9 minutes ago, Satan said:

Not much rolling it out today.

Or did I miss something?

Hoof!!

You did.  I was watching for it and he was doing it quite a lot.  Even his kicks were usually aimed and well-placed.

Started hoofing it more, unsurprisingly, when we were 0-2 down, and needed to step up several gears.

25 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

No idea where you thought I was having a go at the goalkeeper. Maybe go back and re read what was said.

• Well Said 1

I see we won 10-1 on corners today.

It wouldn’t surprise me if this season’s stats show that an ICT corner is more likely to lead to a goal for the opposition than for us, we certainly don’t seem to do much with them. Our first one today went out for a goal kick and didn’t even make it as far as the front post.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic