Inverness CT -V- Ayr United - Preview

tm4tj

A lot of venom here. I must point out however that we are a very small percentage of the support. Significant amounts appear to have voted with their feet on the other hand and the bean counters must be concerned.  It is inconceivable to me that the club havent issued a rallying call coupled with promises of action on  and off the park.....even some incentives to encourage attendance. To do and say nothing is shameful. 

• Agree 3

The silence from the club is deafening. The way the ICT support is dwindling must be of concern to any serious business. They say talk is cheap, it can just roll of the tongue and not mean much, so when the club said that the relationship and communication with the supporters was very important, and along with the match day experience would be improved, I think by the continued silence from those in the higher echelon at the club, you can take that with a pinch of salt. I can honestly say that in all the years that I have followed ICT, I have never heard or seen the hard-core supporter so disillusioned by the current disconnect. 

• Agree 5
  • Well Said 2

I mentioned this on the podcast but we are currently winless in this round of fixtures. We started the season well with an average points per game (PPG) of 2.33 from the first 9 fixtures and a win % of almost 80%. Since then the drop off has been nothing short of seismic.

During the second round of fixtures PPG fell to 1.44 and win % to 33. We are currently winless in the third round of fixtures, as already mentioned, and PPG has fallen to 0.56. Even if we beat Hamilton on Friday (spoiler we won't) the best PPG we can hope for is 0.89 and a win % of 11. Quite simply abysmal.

As for Saturday there isn't much else to add. Sad thing is I am now expecting to lose pretty much any game we play. All the positive stories in the P & J and the Courier about us needing to get a win to get us back into the title race or another former player saying we have a chance doesn't change the fact that this team looks utterly bereft of ideas and confidence and Dodds has not seemed capable of lifting them out of this malaise for a prolonged period and that is very concerning.

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 4

10 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

The silence from the club is deafening. The way the ICT support is dwindling must be of concern to any serious business. They say talk is cheap, it can just roll of the tongue and not mean much, so when the club said that the relationship and communication with the supporters was very important, and along with the match day experience would be improved, I think by the continued silence from those in the higher echelon at the club, you can take that with a pinch of salt. I can honestly say that in all the years that I have followed ICT, I have never heard or seen the hard-core supporter so disillusioned by the current disconnect. 

I assume that the Supporters' Trust is trying to take this up with the club's management?

• Funny 4

It would be good to hear the latest from the Supporters Trust as to what is going on and what the back story is. I take it we have given up hearing from the Chairman or Board and if so, does it not look like our ship has gotten a broken rudder and we now have to hope we miss the icebergs as the Capatin and First Mate are sleeping and the crew are all down below deck.

What a sorry state we have become.

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie

3 hours ago, Fraz said:

Last I heard the club essentially had been blanking the trust too. 

Yes, essentially that is true.  The relationship between the Club and the Trust should be one of respectful cooperation to the mutual benefit of Club and Supporters alike.  The Trust is striving to re-establish that kind of relationship and trying to avoid an adversarial position.  The Trust exists to represent the interests and views of the supporters, but it is also there to help the club and that is what we are trying to do.  At this stage, as Chair of the Trust, I don't think it would be particularly helpful to go into the detail.

What I would say just now though, is that the credibility of the Trust requires it to be representative.  Whilst our membership has seen a healthy improvement in the last year, it is still only about 10% of the number of season ticket holders.  If people are concerned about the poor communication from the club, then I would urge people to join the Trust and help the Trust grow into an effective and representative channel for the fans' concerns to be both heard and acted upon.  As a collective, united voice we can be so much stronger than separate voices venting their frustrations on social media or simply fuming in silence over the lack of communication.  As supporters of the club, we can also do so much more to raise money for the club and support it in other ways.

It is not just new members the Trust needs, it is active members too.  We are in the process of setting up a fund-raising committee with a view to raising funds for initiatives at the club and will be looking for folk to help with that.  We are also short of members on the Trust Board and would love for some new blood to bring in some more energy and ideas to help raise the Trust's profile.

Remember, the Supporters Trust can't effectively support the supporters if the supporters don't support the Trust.  Membership is just £5 a year (£1 for U16s ) and folk can join here.

• Well Said 3

On 2/20/2022 at 12:22 PM, Fraz said:

I'm a 41 year old guy walking in holding my 8 year old daughter's hand and was asked to do the same. I asked them why as I've never been asked to do this in my life and was told they were looking for flares 🤷‍♂️😂

Good job Johndo wasnt there ... he would have been wearing them

On 2/20/2022 at 4:29 PM, Satan said:

I saw a few rockets going off in the north stand near the end of the game.

They seemed to have evaded security countermeasures. 

I'd be more concerned with the rockets in the dugout ! 

• Funny 2

2 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

Yes, essentially that is true.  The relationship between the Club and the Trust should be one of respectful cooperation to the mutual benefit of Club and Supporters alike.  The Trust is striving to re-establish that kind of relationship and trying to avoid an adversarial position.  The Trust exists to represent the interests and views of the supporters, but it is also there to help the club and that is what we are trying to do.  At this stage, as Chair of the Trust, I don't think it would be particularly helpful to go into the detail.

What I would say just now though, is that the credibility of the Trust requires it to be representative.  Whilst our membership has seen a healthy improvement in the last year, it is still only about 10% of the number of season ticket holders.  If people are concerned about the poor communication from the club, then I would urge people to join the Trust and help the Trust grow into an effective and representative channel for the fans' concerns to be both heard and acted upon.  As a collective, united voice we can be so much stronger than separate voices venting their frustrations on social media or simply fuming in silence over the lack of communication.  As supporters of the club, we can also do so much more to raise money for the club and support it in other ways.

It is not just new members the Trust needs, it is active members too.  We are in the process of setting up a fund-raising committee with a view to raising funds for initiatives at the club and will be looking for folk to help with that.  We are also short of members on the Trust Board and would love for some new blood to bring in some more energy and ideas to help raise the Trust's profile.

Remember, the Supporters Trust can't effectively support the supporters if the supporters don't support the Trust.  Membership is just £5 a year (£1 for U16s ) and folk can join here.

We are talking a lot about lack of communication here so perhaps if the Trust was a bit more open and communicative in its own right it might just attract a better response from the Support.

I have heard little or nothing from the Trust this season, maybe I am looking in the wrong places, the Trust doesnt tell me.

I wish it would, thank you.

• Well Said 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic