Next Manager

JohnnyKipper2022

8 minutes ago, JohnnyKipper2022 said:

Who will replace Dodds? Rumour has it Derek Adams is in the frame. 

I am no fan of the former Ross County manager but he is experienced and is currently at a loose end.

If he were agreeable, I would be happy to see him step in on an interim basis between now and the end of the season to try and salvage this increasingly dismal situation.

However, that would effectively mean that we would be paying three managerial salaries, Robbo's Dodds's and his. I doubt that woukd be financially viable.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Facepalm 1

I'd take a rookie looking to get into management, such as Scott Brown or Stevie Naismith (though it won't be either of these) with an experienced assistant such as Donald Park (is he still involved in the game?). 

Anyway, our chairman knows our feelings because I've just messaged him on messenger demanding action and answers so hopefully he acts soon. 

• Funny 2
  • Facepalm 2

13 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

You've forgotten how that went last time? 

No, I am just being realistic about what we can afford, besides it worked well with Brewster the first time. 

I'd love an experienced manager but other than Tommy Wright (I'd say Kilmarnock didn't work out for him but he did well at St J) who is there 🤔

In no way will Derek Adams come and tbh I wouldn't want him anyway. 

Jack Ross is also not coming here. 

Barry Robson might but then again, compo would be an issue so again this is unlikely. 

13 minutes ago, Satan said:

The state we are in, the amount of ***** building up in our squad - we need someone who has managed with a degree of success.

We have some decent players who need managing, and we have dross who need clearing out.

Does Tommy Wright fit the bill regarding the bit I've bolded? 

James McPake also an option but outside these 2 there is nobody which is a worry. 

• Facepalm 1

Weren't we nearly crippled before by paying up the contracts of Foran and Hughes, so how would that work with getting rid of Dodds? Does it still take a pay off if he resigns?

What about Tremarco? I see him on the County bench during the Premier league games, he must be gaining some good experience. I don't know who we can get, but things need to change.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

However, that would effectively mean that we would be paying three managerial salaries, Robbo's Dodds's and his.

But instead of an external appointment, if Robbo could be persuaded to return to the helm, we would have a better manager and wouldn’t be increasing the wage bill at all. Dodds could then just do whatever Robbo currently does!

6 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

But instead of an external appointment, if Robbo could be persuaded to return to the helm, we would have a better manager and wouldn’t be increasing the wage bill at all. Dodds could then just do whatever Robbo currently does!

Is Robbo blameless here though? What's his role in identifying signings etc? 

Absolutely no way Robertson should be anywhere near this team. He was hardly a glowing success during his time in the dugout. Nowhere near promotion with some really good players at his disposal.

Complete change of direction needed ,time for the Chairman and the rest of his yes men to grow some balls and make the changes before the stadium is completely empty.

• Agree 2

Not squandered covid and running at a loss every year will have eaten that up. Foran got help from Malpas and although that didn't work out something along that line is needed but I think it will have to come from in-house. 

2 hours ago, ictbob said:

We've got a perfectly good manager sitting in the stand getting paid by the club and saying nothing. 

' perfectly Good '   That's debatable!    He's in the stand for a reason.  New blood needed soon.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Seem to have plenty of spare capital to run a underperforming and bloated management team,while also having the luxury of a  Director of Football on board ( salaried or not, I have no idea).

I can't remember a time where we were so top heavy management wise as a club? On and off pitch? 

• Agree 1

I take it we sacked the much trumpeted sports video analysis guy that we brought in cos it doesn't seem to do fk all good. 

We appear to have as many managers, assistants and sports directors as we do players.  

• Agree 2