Next Manager

JohnnyKipper2022

I’m not one for calling for Managers’ heads, but if we are looking for a new Manager at some point in the near future, Tokely supported by Tremarco is worth considering. Whether we keep any of the current back room staff should be the Manager’s decision. 

Tokely is already with us as a youth coach. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 6

I wouldn't want Robertson taking over again. To be honest I've no idea why we need to have Robertson and Scott Gardiner at the club. What do they both do? If they identify signings and neither could see we were in desperate need of defenders in January then I don't have much confidence in them. We must have one of the most unbalanced squads in the league. 

• Agree 5

2 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Is Robbo blameless here though? What's his role in identifying signings etc? 

..and, whilst manager, also failed to assemble and coach a side capable of gaining promotion.

Fresh blood and new ideas are required, if not for this season, then certainly next.

• Agree 1

58 minutes ago, Union City Blue said:

When moving Robertson to the SD role Gardiner said something like .. "I just can't see us losing out of the situation" The question now is what if anything have we gained ? 

The way our club communicate and interact with fans the fact is we'll never know. I don't expect weekly updates on what eveyone is doing but emails and questions go unanswered and we literally get nothing from the club. 

I like Robbo but it reeks of jobs for the boys and it just seems like much of the senior management of the club are a clique and there's no oversight. 

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 2

The parameters of the DofF role was never outlined to the best of my knowledge as Robbo was appointed based on earlier discussions they had, all very cosy it seems. Gardiner stated he knew what he was getting from a similar role Robbo performed at Hearts .. So did anyone else at the club have any objective input into this expensive project that, given current form may not even see us improve on last seasons final league placing.  

26 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Nobody was complaining about structures and roles when we were top of the league.

What’s more relevant is what’s gone so horribly wrong in the dressing room and dugout since then.

It's fair to say not many in Berlin were complaining about the effectiveness of the luftwaffe prior to the Battle of Britain. 

• Facepalm 1

Has the chairman come out yet to say that he has full confidence in the manager? Well if not Dodds is staying. In a perfect world, we need a whole new coaching team, some new ideas, everything is so stale. It's the way we lose games that's not acceptable, if you go down fighting and giving everything, you can say we were unlucky, but it's the nature of the performance that's disturbing. And as I have said before, the disconnect between the club and supporters is widening by the week.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

11 hours ago, Robert said:

I’m not one for calling for Managers’ heads, but if we are looking for a new Manager at some point in the near future, Tokely supported by Tremarco is worth considering. Whether we keep any of the current back room staff should be the Manager’s decision. 

Tokely is already with us as a youth coach. 

Nor do I normally call for the manager to be sacked and have quite recently called for him to be given until the end of the season before a review.

However, for me, yesterday waa a turning point.

Billy Dodds was the convenient and available option at the start of the season once Neil McCann made it clear he wasn't continuing but it is abundantly clear now that he was, and continues to be the wrong option.

Charlie Christie is an excellent coach and good motivator who stepped down as manager far too early.

I would be happy to see him step in to take the team until at least the end of the season.

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Nobody was complaining about structures and roles when we were top of the league.

What’s more relevant is what’s gone so horribly wrong in the dressing room and dugout since then.

I've been complaining about people's roles, responsibilities and communication since I contacted the club on October the 28th 2020 and still await any kind of acknowledgement or reply. 

• Well Said 2

Well there's no way BD will resign, he doesn't see any reason to.

According to him, 'things conspired against us' 'we played some good football' 'it's just the way it's going' 'they all know their jobs' also effectively saying that we should count ourselves lucky that the heads didn't go down to then lose by 3 or 4.

I honestly think he must be watching a different game than the one I did from the North Stand. 

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Charlie Christie is an excellent coach and good motivator who stepped down as manager far too early.

I would be happy to see him step in to take the team until at least the end of the season.

Me too.

I wonder if a Christie/Tokely combination could shore up our rapidly sinking ship at least until the end of the season.

Both already employed by the club, and who knows, they might be lethal!

12 hours ago, Yngwie said:

There are ways to salvage something from this season. Changing those structures may or may not help us in the long term but would not improve our utterly dismal form.

I agree but changing the personel in the dugout and training ground might just.

The prospect of automatic promotion is realistically gone but, with a different approach we could still salvage the season through the play offs.

That is clearly not going to happen under Billy and Barry but I can't see a team being coached by Christie and Tokely lacking passion and commitment at least.

Ten games to go. Just about enough time to give it a go.

As a reminder here are a few details about the Managers appointment - https://ictfc.com/billy-dodds-appointed-ictfc-head-coach#:~:text=Inverness Caledonian Thistle are delighted,on a 2 year deal.

What we do not know is what he promised at interview and whether the contract can be broken for poor performance. Richie Foran's termination came at great cost to the club.

I’d be surprised if there is a performance clause and, even if there is, it would probably only be measured at the end of the season, so could not be enforced now (and he could point to us being in a play off place anyway).

Six clubs in the Championship have changed their Manager this season, and they probably had similar contractual terms, so it comes down to the appetite of the Board.

I’ve felt recently that the Board is currently happy with us being a mid table Championship club and they don’t have the ambition for us to go up, possibly as we can’t afford the required investment in players to make us competitive in the top flight.

I don’t see anything changing in the short term.

(But then the Board would probably not bother telling us anyway!). 

• Agree 5

The club seriously need to look at the impact that SG and JR are having. I fully believe there roles are not having a Positive impact. I see it as expenditure a Championship outfit don't require. Surely the club learned from the Foran contractual situation? I was hoping that Dodds would of walked today as the club clearly don't have the finances to sack him. Maybe the club have ambitions to go part time like Arbroath. 

• Agree 2

On 2/19/2022 at 8:34 PM, SteveA said:

I wouldn't want Robertson taking over again. To be honest I've no idea why we need to have Robertson and Scott Gardiner at the club. What do they both do? If they identify signings and neither could see we were in desperate need of defenders in January then I don't have much confidence in them. We must have one of the most unbalanced squads in the league. 

The reason why John Robertson is there is that the club took a compassionate attitude to his mental health issues and found him a lower profile and less stressful role within the club.

Whilst I have many criticisms of the clubs actions in recent times, I personally think that was the right and proper thing to do.

• Well Said 3