Next Manager

JohnnyKipper2022

1 hour ago, GogglesWalter said:

The club seriously need to look at the impact that SG and JR are having. I fully believe there roles are not having a Positive impact. I see it as expenditure a Championship outfit don't require. Surely the club learned from the Foran contractual situation? I was hoping that Dodds would of walked today as the club clearly don't have the finances to sack him. Maybe the club have ambitions to go part time like Arbroath. 

What’s this based on? I’d argue without some very key business deals Scott Gardner handled we wouldn’t have a club to support.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jamie ictfc said:

What’s this based on? I’d argue without some very key business deals Scott Gardner handled we wouldn’t have a club to support.

Well to my knowledge the role of a CEO is to oversee the operations of the Club in a professional manner, ensuring that all objectives and targets set by the Board of Directors are met. Also to develop the Clubs brand and engagement levels with the local community. Do you think those roles are being achieved successfully? I certainly don't. It's nothing personal against SG and JR I just don't see the need for a CEO or a Sporting Director and Championship level. Surely it's taking coffers away from the managers budget for much needed players?

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

1 hour ago, GogglesWalter said:

Well to my knowledge the role of a CEO is to oversee the operations of the Club in a professional manner, ensuring that all objectives and targets set by the Board of Directors are met. Also to develop the Clubs brand and engagement levels with the local community. Do you think those roles are being achieved successfully? I certainly don't. It's nothing personal against SG and JR I just don't see the need for a CEO or a Sporting Director and Championship level. Surely it's taking coffers away from the managers budget for much needed players?

There are definitely structural problems with the way we are set up at directorship level which needs to be addressed in time

However, the most pressing issue just now is what is or isn't happening on the training ground and on the match day pitch.

• Agree 1

On one hand its progressive that a club our size has a DoF, especially given our position, while on the other and given the questionable recruitment is it nepotism keeping a pal in a job with a regular paycheck or our inability to pay off any remaining contract giving us no choice?

With JR still at the club the idea of paying an additional managerial salary clearly hasnt worked, although back to previous point is there some nepotism at play here too? My understanding (perhaps wrong as not in the game) is that the DoF handles all matters not football (recruitment, contracts, staffing etc) but related to the end product? In that case are we really seeing anything more with the addition of BD than we would with SK or PS if one of those had stepped up?

Some of the names on here are mental and genuinely if we got rid of BD my worry with the current regime is we will get more of the same - some ex-Dundee, Hearts, Rangers man (from the late 90s era) who's out of work with limited success coaching in the game and either looking to rebuild or get back into management. Step forward - Allan Johnstone, Gary Locke, Barry Smith, Neil McCann (again).......feel free to add to the list yourself to become more depressed at the thought!!!

• Well Said 3

A guy with a decent career win average of around 45% is Jim McInally. Only John Robertson has a better win % (with us) but even his career win % is less at around 43%. Still only in his 50s and If he'd endure Peterhead then Inverness shouldn't be a hard sell. The Peterhead board refused his resignation post relegation a few years back so they do rate him, albeit it's a lower level but he was unlucky with Greenock Morton. I'd have him on any short list.

When I watched Peterhead v Dundee recently I was impressed with their midfield and the ease with which they could pass the ball on the deck through the Dundee midfield to create attacks - better than we would have done. I was thinking in terms of players we could sign, rather than the manager, but I suppose he deserves credit for the style of play.

On 2/21/2022 at 3:52 PM, jamie ictfc said:

That's historical now. It's about going forward that is important. Little evidence of forward motion at present so perhaps it is time to lose JR, BD, & SG. Failing that, Dodds needs to go, Robertson needs to take temporary charge, and Gardiner needs to go out and find investment (after all that is what he is employed for and there is very little evidence of that happening).

On 2/24/2022 at 8:41 AM, Jockdoonsouth said:

Gardiner needs to go out and find investment (after all that is what he is employed for and there is very little evidence of that happening).

I think this sums up exactly how much you know about what SG has done at the club. 

As I say, he’s worked wonders….

24 minutes ago, jamie ictfc said:

I think this sums up exactly how much you know about what SG has done at the club. 

As I say, he’s worked wonders….

What is it he's done? I'm not doubting your sincerity but what is it exactly? In general terms he's presumably helped steer the club through Covid and that's to be commended. 

Maybe he's moved mountains and brought in hundreds of thousands of investment (and as is standard the fans will be in the dark). I dunno and I don't recall seeing anything about all the great work behind the scenes. So I'm happy to hear about them. 

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

What is it he's done? I'm not doubting your sincerity but what is it exactly? In general terms he's presumably helped steer the club through Covid and that's to be commended. 

Maybe he's moved mountains and brought in hundreds of thousands of investment (and as is standard the fans will be in the dark). I dunno and I don't recall seeing anything about all the great work behind the scenes. So I'm happy to hear about them. 

Not my place to announce it, but I’m sure the club will once they have received the money which, is substantially more than a few hundred thousand pounds.

17 minutes ago, jamie ictfc said:

Not my place to announce it, but I’m sure the club will once they have received the money which, is substantially more than a few hundred thousand pounds.

So nothing confirmed? 

Is it the pitches by IRA / Rollerbowl thing? Hopefully that comes off.

10 minutes ago, Fraz said:

So nothing confirmed? 

Is it the pitches by IRA / Rollerbowl thing? Hopefully that comes off.

It’s confirmed but the deal of which we are getting a slice of gets their funding once ground has broken

Not heard anything further about the IRA after the initial  mention I’m afraid! 

3 hours ago, Robert said:

What’s the story and value to the club?

I know I'm straying off topic, but what is the story about that site? The Council seems hell-bent on encouraging redevelopment of the car parks at the current stadium for business and industrial uses through its new Local Development Plan, presumably for the Common Good of the citizens of Inverness. This will undermine the function and the future of the stadium and leave the club looking for a new home. It would make sense to have it near the IRA all weather training pitches but still without a decent bus service and accessibility.

There is another site on the now abandoned holes of the old Torvean golf course. That area is adjacent to the Football Academy pitches at Charleston and has in the past been earmarked for phase 2 of the sports pitch development in relation to the West Link.

Edited by Row S

On 2/26/2022 at 12:20 AM, Row S said:

I know I'm straying off topic, but what is the story about that site? The Council seems hell-bent on encouraging redevelopment of the car parks at the current stadium for business and industrial uses through its new Local Development Plan, presumably for the Common Good of the citizens of Inverness. This will undermine the function and the future of the stadium and leave the club looking for a new home. It would make sense to have it near the IRA all weather training pitches but still without a decent bus service and accessibility.

There is another site on the now abandoned holes of the old Torvean golf course. That area is adjacent to the Football Academy pitches at Charleston and has in the past been earmarked for phase 2 of the sports pitch development in relation to the West Link.

Council, hell bent?

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/14/2022 at 1:26 PM, ictbob said:

Q the Billy dodds to Dundee United rumours. 

It's looking like Jack Ross is going to Dundee United so Billy Dodds will be staying with us which I am happy with for this coming season as we need a settled manager and team.  He would be daft to go if he got the chance as others have not had success after leaving us for a bigger club!

• Agree 3