Scot Gardiner and backroom staff - Is a big clear out required? Issue is obviously way bigger than just Dodds...

Roly

It seems to me that obviously there are so many real supporters sick and tired of this malaise. We are heading for a crisis in footballing terms and now is the time for leadership and togetherness. We need a plan and a route out of this mess. You cannot expect the supporters to try and pull everything together when we are effectively the worker bees. You need the Queen bee and her (or his in this case)entourage to acknoeldge the comments on all the forums, accept the supporters are disgrntled and do something about it. It doesn't matter whether than be the Board or Senior Management, even the Manager and coaching staff, should someone from the Club not be coming out with a rallying cry and call for all to get behind the team and they promise they will at last start listening and engaging. Why not employ a Communications person - even call them a Communications Manager, as everyone else seems to have Manager or higher named post in their title mwithin ICT.

• Well Said 4

5 hours ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

It seems to me that obviously there are so many real supporters sick and tired of this malaise. We are heading for a crisis in footballing terms and now is the time for leadership and togetherness. We need a plan and a route out of this mess. You cannot expect the supporters to try and pull everything together when we are effectively the worker bees. You need the Queen bee and her (or his in this case)entourage to acknoeldge the comments on all the forums, accept the supporters are disgrntled and do something about it. It doesn't matter whether than be the Board or Senior Management, even the Manager and coaching staff, should someone from the Club not be coming out with a rallying cry and call for all to get behind the team and they promise they will at last start listening and engaging. Why not employ a Communications person - even call them a Communications Manager, as everyone else seems to have Manager or higher named post in their title mwithin ICT.

I don't really disagree with anything you've said but we shouldn't be forking out more money on an another 'manager' when apparently we have an SLO, a CEO, a Director of Sport, a Commercial Director, a board of Directors plus obviously other admin staff and the on pitch management. There's probably more that I'm not aware of.

That's not even mentioning the plethora of other hangers on who seem to mill around the main stand on match day doing who knows what. 

Yet not one is capable of making an even half arsed (let alone meaningful) effort of some kind of regular engagement with supporters (or The Trust) apparently. Can't even be bothered replying to queries or typing out the minutes of meeting that happened months and months ago.

I have had regular emails regarding £120 hospitality though 👍. It's quite frankly ridiculous. 

• Agree 3

22 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

As for your point in manager sackings Scott, does "mutually terminated" mean sacking or that both a chairman and manager agree to resignation? The reason i ask is because I've heard that mentioned a few times and just assumed that it meant that the said manager agreed to resign.

20 hours ago, Yngwie said:

It nearly always means sacked, and the mutual consent bit just means that they have agreed an amount of compensation for being sacked.

Normally means what Yngwie said ....

I have also seen the odd occasion - not necessarily at ICT - where players (or managers) have wanted to move and the "club doesn't stand in their way" then they 'mutually terminate contract' to remove any contract issues. I could be wrong but I also think that a similar term was used a couple of times when players have left the club under a cloud and may or may not have ended up dismissed for gross misconduct if they had tried to stay. Doing it this way saves face for the player and the club from any unfair dismissal accusations ... Have also seen it used when a player wants to move to another club outside the transfer window ... cant do that unless a free agent so likely some confidential conversations and a sudden mutual termination .... 

Can anyone post up all the roles at the club in a structure, essentially anyone that is on the payroll? Is there any official publication of this anywhere?

It does seem like we are ‘management heavy’, but I’m conscious it’s tricky to understand the roles and need for them. 

Do for example, Heart of Midlothian or other clubs publish this type of information?

Can't help feeling the club is seeking some sort of financial stability before making the costly push for promotion.

Perhaps the Championship is considered a good base camp for now and maybe for the next season or two until the time is considered right.

And maybe this season's sole target was to avoid relegation.

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, buckett said:

Can't help feeling the club is seeking some sort of financial stability before making the costly push for promotion.

Perhaps the Championship is considered a good base camp for now and maybe for the next season or two until the time is considered right.

And maybe this season's sole target was to avoid relegation.

So what you're suggesting is that after getting off to a flying start, the board and/or CEO pulled the team aside and told them to stop winning as we didn't want to risk promotion.  The entire playing squad and staff then went, "aye, ok, we don't mind comprising our own integrity or damaging our chances at playing/working at a higher level and earning more, so we'll just lie down for the rest of the season"?

Bullshit Bs GIF by MOODMAN

• Funny 3

On 2/27/2022 at 10:36 PM, STFU said:

So what you're suggesting is that after getting off to a flying start, the board and/or CEO pulled the team aside and told them to stop winning as we didn't want to risk promotion.  The entire playing squad and staff then went, "aye, ok, we don't mind comprising our own integrity or damaging our chances at playing/working at a higher level and earning more, so we'll just lie down for the rest of the season"?

Bullshit Bs GIF by MOODMAN

No, not really.

But having gone into freefall I don't think there's any great urgency to get us back into promotion contention, so long as we don't get relegated.

Welcome to the forum btw - nice, theatrical opening post!

On 3/1/2022 at 9:52 AM, buckett said:

No, not really.

But having gone into freefall I don't think there's any great urgency to get us back into promotion contention, so long as we don't get relegated.

Welcome to the forum btw - nice, theatrical opening post!

If that is in deed the thinking behind the scenes, which I would be utterly astonished if it was, then it's a very dangerous road to go down.

No company or business, football related or not, should ever look to stand still and in a way that's what you are suggesting. I get the ethos of be happy with what you have got however football and football clubs should never ever fall into that way of thinking, every other club by their very nature is looking to improve so at any time if one club stands still, accepts what's happening and blindly plods on they will be left behind.

It's a results business and the results aren't there, certainly not on the pitch right now and in football the only way to improve and grow is for the results on the pitch to improve.

Personally I think we need wholesale changes in the backroom staff, certainly the coaching side with the exception of one or two but on the whole this has been a progressive slide and the biggest single factor is the coaching staff.

We need new ideas that they cannot bring to the table but that's just my personal opinion

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, MrCaleyjag said:

If that is in deed the thinking behind the scenes, which I would be utterly astonished if it was, then it's a very dangerous road to go down.

No company or business, football related or not, should ever look to stand still and in a way that's what you are suggesting. I get the ethos of be happy with what you have got however football and football clubs should never ever fall into that way of thinking, every other club by their very nature is looking to improve so at any time if one club stands still, accepts what's happening and blindly plods on they will be left behind.

It's a results business and the results aren't there, certainly not on the pitch right now and in football the only way to improve and grow is for the results on the pitch to improve.

Personally I think we need wholesale changes in the backroom staff, certainly the coaching side with the exception of one or two but on the whole this has been a progressive slide and the biggest single factor is the coaching staff.

We need new ideas that they cannot bring to the table but that's just my personal opinion

I 100% agree regarding the inept coaching staff, though I still say it's harsh to criticise Scott Kellacher as he's not long back.  But I'd take it a step further get EVERY SINGLE senior player DROPPED then released and build the team around the youngsters, I've said all along that they ARE capable and tbh, they can't be any worse than the biggest shower of DUDS we have EVER had!!

I've had just about enough now, it's the same every ******* week, no wonder I have started watching Rugby more this past year!!!

Ps mods, sorry for the language but it's understandable, no?

11 straight games without a win if we don't beat Arbroath that'll be 3 months without a victory, 6 points from a total of 33. I can't recall us being this abysmal I was there for the Richie Foran experiment, Craig Brewster's 2nd stint in charge still in the memory. The first half of our 2017/18 season was not fun either but man this is just depressing....

When Foran and Brewster got us relegated ICT was obviously in the Premiership during those reigns. John Robertson had a tricky start on his return to ICT but in all fairness that squad was in a mess at the time. He soon turned things around and brought us good times such as a couple of good Scottish cup runs, reaching the play offs in 2018/19, A Challenge Cup victory in 2017 hell we might have won the play offs in 2020 if it wasn't for the pandemic. We certainly were in a good position to finish 2nd that season. This has to be the worst level of football we have played in a long time.

This season we have crashed out of all three of the domestic cups before the new year even started!. Not even a Challenge Cup final to distract us from this painful run of form. If it wasn't for our great start to the season we would be in a relegation battle right now. If we don't sort this mess out we might as well get ready for League One in 2023/24. 

• Agree 4