Hamilton -V- Inverness CT - Preview

tm4tj

28 minutes ago, caley100 said:

And the passing is as shyte as usual!   

that 45 minutes was an absolute embarassment. Hamilton are simply as bad as we are. And there has only been a handful of passes - it has been a case of aimless hoofs. Welsh looks like the only one who is not scared to put his foot on the ball or play a first timer.

• Agree 1

Shocking performance for the first 30 minutes or so and a stroke of luck got us back in it. We should have had a penalty for the challenge on Deas in the box but we scarcely deserve to be level.

We have showed a few signs before half time that we can trouble Hamilton so we need them to come out fighting in the second half. This game is winnable but we could easily lose it.

The next 45 are key to us in terms of this season.

Hard to pick out players for praise. Definitely MacKay. Possibly Samuels and Pearson but neither looks comfortable tracking back.

There is no point playing high balls. We need to get it wide and run at them if we want to win this.

Surprisingly looking at the BBC stats, we’ve had more attempts in the first half. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

Harper on for Devine. Devine’s had a decent game but presumably is not yet ready for 90 minutes.

We’ve been better this half but need to ensure we don’t concede and hopefully nick a goal. 

Edited by Robert

2 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Well I suppose that I am now watching the norm. You simply have to take your chances when you have such a degree of possession. And if you don't !!!!!!

Bang on cue Pearson misses a sitter!

Then Hamilton hit the post.

Its turned into a decent game. 

Edited by Robert

Shocking first 30 minutes but I thought we were much better in the second half but neither team was impressive and neither deserved to win it, but we had decent chances we could and should have taken. A draw was probably the fair result.

MacKay was my pick as our best player with a couple of decent saves.

A word for Hyde, though. Is he not a midfielder? He quietly coped at right back and Kennedy didn’t really trouble us.

At least we showed some spirit and tried in the second half and seemed to want to win.

Confidence is clearly an issue, which should be the focus for Dodds and the back room staff. That came across loud and clear until we got the break to equalise.

We could easily be fourth at 1650 tomorrow.

Edits:

Watching the post match, we created enough chances to win several games. Confidence is clearly an issue but I can’t fault the second half effort. I agree with others: 10 without a win is not acceptable and puts everything in context.

Decent interview by Pearson, and an honest assessment, including that he should have got a second.

Worrying then to hear Dodds say that Welsh was asking what we need to do to win a game. If our senior players are lacking confidence, little wonder our younger players are.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic