Hamilton -V- Inverness CT - Preview

tm4tj

5 hours ago, RiG said:

That last nights performance is seen as an improvement shows how far we've fallen this season. Another poor showing with the defence looking suspect, midfield unable to create anything and wasteful finishing up front. The first half was poor again and although we were better in the second half and probably should have won it we didn't and we drop more points and can kiss goodbye to any lingering dreams of a title fight. Mckay (twice), Pearson, McAlear and Hardy all had great chances to grab a vital win but at no point did any of them really look like scoring.

Staggered that Samuels is getting praise on here. I must be watching a different player as time and time again he just seemed to run into a dead end and lose the ball. He barely created anything of note the entire game. Yes he helped to set up the goal but I'm sorry, he got lucky there. When he plays that pass it's going to absolutely no one in a blue shirt. I don't think Dodds knows where to play him in this team. Pearson was better on the opposite flank but seemed to fade into the second half. He helped out Hyde a lot when the latter was getting the run around from Kennedy to begin with. I felt Doran did reasonably well as a 10 behind Mckay and linked well with the wide men. Disappointed when he went off.

Easy to say with hindsight but I feel we rushed Devine back too quickly for this one. He seemed to misjudge a header and appeared to jarr his foot in the pitch and looked to have tweaked something as he limped off. Not what we need right now. Broadfoot and Deas both made errors during the course of the match being caught in possession or letting balls run by them thinking there was no one else around.

I thought Sutherland was actually quite decent when he came on. He seemed to give our attack a wee bit of a boost when it seemed Hamilton were coming back into things and he did well to pick Mckay out for a chance IIRC. (Cammy) Mackay did well and pulled off some good saves. Especially the one in the first half when it looked like an Accies player wandered back onto the pitch, was surely offside and came across the path of the ball. Given Muir's performance if that had gone in I suspect it would have stood. As bad an officiating display as I've seen in a long time.

There was no lack of effort but there's just not a lot of good football being played by these guys just now. 

Excellent summarisation Andrew, Thought you might have mentioned our obvious pen claim,  Which after watching highlights was a disgrace that clown Muir never gave a pen.

Arbroath 1-0 Partick after 6mins

29' | AFC 1 v 0 PTFC What a save from Jamie Sneddon! He somehow gets his hand to a Linn free kick heading into the top corner and tips it onto the post.

Half Time: 1-0

52' | Bobby Linn has another shot saved by Sneddon, fantastic save! 1-0

60' | Goal - Partick equalise as an angled McKenna shot slides through a crowded box and into the back of the net 1-1

FT: 1-1

We cling on to third place by a point. Massive game coming up on Friday night v Partick.

Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts
Arbroath 1-1 Partick (tonight)
1. Arbroath 27 12 12 3 39 19 48
2. Kilmarnock 27 14 5 8 34 19 47
3. Inverness CT 27 10 10 7 35 26 40
4. Partick Thistle 25 10 9 6 38 24 39
5. Raith Rovers 27 9 12 6 34 30 39
6. Morton 27 7 10 10 30 35 31
7. Hamilton Ac. 27 7 10 10 29 41 31
8. Ayr United 27 7 8 12 25 40 29
9. Dunfermline 26 4 12 10 24 40 24
10. Q.O.S. 26 5 8 13 26 40 23

40 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Nice Paul Simon reference there, but if we do lose, it will probably be the Sound of Silence from Dodds!

“Learn How to Fall”

”Everything Put Together Falls Apart”

”The Boy in the Bubble”

• Funny 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic