Partick Thistle -V- Inverness CT - Preview

tm4tj

A season that promised so much is petering out badly. Chances are we will end up on the bottom half of the table.

This was our real chance to gain promotion but we have blown it big style. We have decent players we are not getting the best out of. At times we dominate games, including most of the second half tonight, but we can’t score when on top and we end up chasing games.

11 without a win, with the league leaders next, says it all.

I’m not one to call for the heads of Managers, but something has to change or next season could be very painful.

8 games left for Dodds & co to prove us all wrong. Can they?

• Agree 1

I've not posted in quite a while but that was terrible again.  A very slight improvement in the 2nd half but that was solely down to having an extra player within 20 yards of their box when we were shelling it forward.

We are utterly rudderless. It's completely shambolic and summed up by Billy Dodds screaming at McAlear for having the audacity to play a 10 yard ball sideways to a teammates feet- he was bawling for him to leather it into the corner. Stoneage football from someone out of his depth.

• Agree 6

I don't care about anything else anymore other than results and they just aren't coming.

I don't care how we play, I just want a win ............... I don't care who we put out on the pitch, I just want a win .............. I don't care about promise or opportunities or passages of play or formations or pressing well or any other sh#te BD will come out with, I just want a win

BD flattered to deceive at the start of the season and is being found out and no one is doing anything about it

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Just looked at the BBC stats. They say we had 19 attempts but 1 on target.

Next week they have to focus on shooting practice as that is a shocking statistic and highlights what we need to do.

We also need to find ways of giving Mckay chances. I think he only had one attempt all night.

Dodds says the second half performance was excellent……

6 minutes ago, Robert said:

Just looked at the BBC stats. They say we had 19 attempts but 1 on target.

Next week they have to focus on shooting practice as that is a shocking statistic and highlights what we need to do.

We also need to find ways of giving Mckay chances. I think he only had one attempt all night.

Dodds says the second half performance was excellent……

Unfortunately it's gone way beyond that and the worrying thing is that even if we did practice all week on shooting practice, yes we'd score but we'd conceded three.

We can't even get the basics right, the fundamentals of football that you and I could point out and instill in a team without any coaching badges or professional insight.

We need a complete and utter reset on so many levels and we just don't have the backroom team to do it.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Post match interview was the usual predictable stuff, same every week.

I’d love to see him being asked a difficult question about our dismal run but it never happens.

He won't though especially by the BBC, not while he's working on open-all-mics and Sportsound.

The club really need to rip up the current script and start thinking about the future. This was our best chance of promotion since we dropped out of the top flight and we are now struggling to make a playoff spot. Big changes required at the club. Too many coaches have been lingering about despite failing under different managers. If managers aren't going to use our youth system why have it? 

• Agree 2

Our run of 6 points from 11 games is the same as the run that got Peter Grant sacked at Dunfermline.  In terms of form we are the worst in the division by a considerable distance.  If we hadn't fluked a few 1-0 wins in the first few weeks of the season we'd be in bother.

• Agree 2

Very lucky not to be 2 or 3-0 down at half time. Yes we improved second half........we couldn't be any worse! Created chances to win the game, but made a complete arse of all of them. Then suckered by a simple set piece goal! We all could've written the script before the game.

Please just f*** **f Dodds and take the entire "coaching"🙄 staff with you!

• Agree 1

I have been to every home game and two away games this season. I am convinced the players are better than the recent run of results. I think the manager & coaching staff are the biggest factor  in not getting the best from this team. Notwithstanding finance, when is enough , enough ?

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, CaleyCiuin said:

I have been to every home game and two away games this season. I am convinced the players are better than the recent run of results. I think the manager & coaching staff are the biggest factor  in not getting the best from this team. Notwithstanding finance, when is enough , enough ?

It's hard to tell either way? They are so poorly set up on match days it's pitiful. 

• Agree 1

Just thankful for our first round of results .. A slow start & we'd currently be in Dunfermline's sights for the run in .. or worse. Not huge margins between most of the teams in the league now and tight games need a cutting edge which has deserted us at a crucial stage of the season.  I agree we need a rethink as there just doesn't seem to be a long term strategy, from the coaching staff at least. To end on a positive note I've enrolled a new neighbour to come along v Arbroath who's moved up from Englandshire but persuading him to sign up for next season could be the challenge. At least he can't be viewed as a glory hunter ! #ICTevangelist

1 hour ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

Does any one know what has happened to McGregor?  Long term injury?  Or just fallen out of favour.  Imo he was much better than any of those we took in during the transfer window.

According to his father on the radio a few weeks ago he was injured and had covid but that was all he said.

1 hour ago, CaleyCiuin said:

When is enough, enough you ask?

A simple one word answer to that is, NOW!

Any other club would have sacked the dud by now but ours are to patient, it's pathetic tbh, it's time they stopped hiding and answered us ffs as I'm getting very angry at their lack of leadership!

Oh and it doesn't help when Charlie Bannerman is arguing with me on FB about demanding (and that's what I'm doing, DEMANDING) a change of manager! It's about time these pundits etc (such as Michael Stewart and Leanne Crichton)stopped backing or defending HIM due to being a former colleague, he rightly needs SLATING!!

• tm4tj unpinned this topic