Partick Thistle -V- Inverness CT - Preview

tm4tj

Well here is more of a fecking Pishedaffmometer. Feel like catharsis is necessitated !! 

I will start off with the McGregor question as to where the feck is he ? If he has been sidelined and not injured that in itself is diabolical. Next we move to the suggested preference to McKay rather than Ridgers. To me that is a no-brainer. Ridgers is by far the first choice keeper and is way ahead of McKay - especially in regard to such a tie. Carson has never been a full back to me. He is a combative holding midfielder. He is wasted at full back. As fer the usual rest of the back line it is a cacophany of central defending "stackers". Perhaps somebody should advise Dodds that central defenders dont like chopping and changing, especially to full back. I suspect in training they have competitions on the furthest they can launch headers and the furthest they can aimlessly hoof, preferably first time. I also suspect that lately they are also perfecting smashing balls on the ground like missiles towards strikers and missing out any midfelders in their way. And who are they aiming at ? I suspect in training that Billy has Hardy on his shoulders to provide a better feckin target. And what has happened to our "spying" prowess. Pearson, Samuels and Chalmers are costing us spondoolachs. Playing BOTH Pearson and Samuels last night as feckin "wingers" was ludicrous. Do either have the build, strength or guile to fly past defenders. And then get in a position to put crosses into our two midgets up front ? That means that we have two players doing next to feck all. Surely we have better in the waiting Academy. And Doran is back in favour and given a bit of a Number 10 role. Love the guy but he was adept at such a role TEN feckin years ago. And now for what I view as being more of a positive. I feel so sorry for Walsh who is the only player who tries to control a ball and play an easy pass. McAlear has a great engine and a good touch but gets a bollicking for playing an easy ball. I can just hear the guidance from the bench - "Fer fecks sake hoof the bloody thing". I even feel sorry for Shane who has done more out wide than our three loanees put together. At least he has the club at heart. And finally our two minions up front. I really like the look of Hardy and feel that he and Billy could be am effective partnership if there was more structure behind them. I would put Billy in the Walsh bracket and you can see how cheesed off that he is with the ammunition that he is being fed. Unfortunately he also appears to have given up to a degree and confidence is waning.

Thank you all. I feel better now.

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

I suppose we have to just face the facts and that is that the anonymous Chairman and board are not going to make any changes now so close to the season end. They are all old pals and look after each other.The fact that we are going for a record number of games not won seems to be making them all the more determined to ignore the fans.I think there are some decent  players in the squad,we are just not playing the right ones in the right positions and the tactics are all wrong.I think we all know hitting high balls to small strikers is a total waste of time.We miss Allardyce in the centre and frankly players with  bit of guile and strength.Remember Munro,Tokely,Warren,Meekings and co,little got passed them.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Having been at every home game this season, I have watched Dodds closely, and can't quite work out what he sees, when the rest of us see something completely different. As for the second half against Partick, he said we were excellent! If that's his idea of excellence, what the hell does he mean when he says the lads trained well? He is tactically incompetent. If they are being trained to hoof the ball up to our small strikers so they don't have a chance to get any ball, then he is a genius and his plan is working perfectly. Partick were no great team, but even without their best player,Tiffany, they at least tried to play through their midfield, we could hardly put three passes together.

Our whole coaching system and style of play need a complete overhaul, and as I'm sure no decision will be made in the near future, things will need to change for next season.

I don't know if anyone on here was at the meeting in the what was The Kingsmills lounge, when Robertson took over and was accompanied by the chairman Rae? That was a number of years ago, and he said that the club where so excited about the youngsters coming through, they were some of the best he'd ever seen, so where are they? Why is the first team not festooned with our home grown talent? It's about time the club answered some questions, but I won't hold my breath.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

So we now head the wrong way down the table and lucky if we make play offs

We don't deserve to maje the play offs and, on current form, we would merely prolong the agony for a game or two more if we do.

Time now to be planning seriously for next season.

• Agree 2

OK to be planning for next season but we must avoid a play off at the bottom of the league. Unlikely, technically possible, and only unrealistic because we started well. Dodds picked up Manager of the Month, preened himself as a TV pundit, and the players became more and more frustrated, all the while as Ross County emerged from crisis to top 6 challengers. Where did it all go wrong? We cannot see the reasons but those running the club must surely know but perhaps because of employment contracts and budgetting feel their hands are tied. Billy, it is easy being a pundit but managing a team seems to be beyond you other than when you are Assistant.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Well here is more of a fecking Pishedaffmometer. Feel like catharsis is necessitated !! 

I will start off with the McGregor question as to where the feck is he ? If he has been sidelined and not injured that in itself is diabolical. Next we move to the suggested preference to McKay rather than Ridgers. To me that is a no-brainer. Ridgers is by far the first choice keeper and is way ahead of McKay - especially in regard to such a tie. Carson has never been a full back to me. He is a combative holding midfielder. He is wasted at full back. As fer the usual rest of the back line it is a cacophany of central defending "stackers". Perhaps somebody should advise Dodds that central defenders dont like chopping and changing, especially to full back. I suspect in training they have competitions on the furthest they can launch headers and the furthest they can aimlessly hoof, preferably first time. I also suspect that lately they are also perfecting smashing balls on the ground like missiles towards strikers and missing out any midfelders in their way. And who are they aiming at ? I suspect in training that Billy has Hardy on his shoulders to provide a better feckin target. And what has happened to our "spying" prowess. Pearson, Samuels and Chalmers are costing us spondoolachs. Playing BOTH Pearson and Samuels last night as feckin "wingers" was ludicrous. Do either have the build, strength or guile to fly past defenders. And then get in a position to put crosses into our two midgets up front ? That means that we have two players doing next to feck all. Surely we have better in the waiting Academy. And Doran is back in favour and given a bit of a Number 10 role. Love the guy but he was adept at such a role TEN feckin years ago. And now for what I view as being more of a positive. I feel so sorry for Walsh who is the only player who tries to control a ball and play an easy pass. McAlear has a great engine and a good touch but gets a bollicking for playing an easy ball. I can just hear the guidance from the bench - "Fer fecks sake hoof the bloody thing". I even feel sorry for Shane who has done more out wide than our three loanees put together. At least he has the club at heart. And finally our two minions up front. I really like the look of Hardy and feel that he and Billy could be am effective partnership if there was more structure behind them. I would put Billy in the Walsh bracket and you can see how cheesed off that he is with the ammunition that he is being fed. Unfortunately he also appears to have given up to a degree and confidence is waning.

Thank you all. I feel better now.

From what I’ve heard about MacGregor he went from having Covid to then tearing something in his thigh before Dunfermline game. He wasn’t given a scan and came back too early, injuring it again. 

I actually felt sick watching that last night. There was no lack of effort, particularly in second half but it does seem that we’ve given up trying to control the ball and keep possession and instead seem content to punt and try not to make mistakes. It’s the fear factor. The one thing that having only eight games left means there’s only one option and that is to attack…..just having a system that allows that would be good…..

• Agree 1

The pitch was garbage but our first half performance was only marginally better. We were improved after the break and dominated most of the second half without troubling Sneddon too much. The chance for Sutherland and Doran (IIRC) were probably our best opportunities to score. Massively disappointing to concede a goal so late on especially given it was probably Partick's first shot of the second half but if you don't take your chances...

A lot of anger on Twitter and at the game towards Dodds who really should be under massive pressure now but he won't be. I suspect his job is safe until the end of the season despite this being our joint second worst ever run of form in the league (Foran 14 without a win 16/17, Butcher 11 without a win 10/11). I've said for a while we will do well to hold onto 4th spot. Starting to look further down the table now at Morton and Hamilton now. Grim.

Last night was the final straw for me. Its been too much of a burden on me physically and financially to watch the same ***** get copy pasted every ******* week with nothing being changed in terms of management or tactics.

So while I'll continue supporting the team, I doubt I'll be returning to the TCS until Dodds is either sacked or voluntary leaves. The phrase "follow your team through thick and thin" comes to mind, but when EVERYONE, Fans and Players knows that Dodds needs to walk, that's when boycotts and the like need to be mentioned. Roddy is already not showing up at training for one reason or another, but apparently issues with Dodds is a prime reason. We can't keep putting ourselves through such a mind numbing 90 minutes whilst playing relegation form and not having a win since we battered Morton 6-1 BEFORE CHRISTMAS.

That's me off to Clach, and probably other Highland Clubs for the remainder of the Dodds Tyranny. Turrah.

Edited by Yngwie
Swearing removed

I fear the quality has gone, probably down to finances.  Unless we can get substantial  backing  I think we will end up part time. It's horrific  to see the predicament  we find ourselves in  I fear too much high level bickering in the past has finally got us to where we are  I hope I'm wrong   but very worrying 

• Agree 1

Decided to visit County today for game against St Mirren.Hopefully  will get to see and remember what a decent game looks like.Yes through thick and thin but sometimes you need to remind yourself of the level we used to play at and certainly will not be playing at for another season.

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie

Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts

1. Arbroath 27 12 12 3 39 19 48
2. Kilmarnock 27 14 5 8 34 19 47
3. Partick Thistle 26 11 9 6 39 24 42
4. Inverness CT 28 10 10 8 35 27 40
5. Raith Rovers 27 9 12 6 34 30 39
6. Morton 27 7 10 10 30 35 31
7. Hamilton Ac. 27 7 10 10 29 41 31
8. Ayr United 27 7 8 12 25 40 29
9. Dunfermline 26 4 12 10 24 40 24
10. Q.O.S. 26 5 8 13 26 40 23

For what it's worth, Ayr lead Raith Rovers

Arbroath 1-0 Dunfermline  FT

Killie 2-0 Accies  FT

Queens 3-0 Morton FT  

Rovers 0-4 Ayr Utd  FT

To easy and lazy  to blame finances. 

Pure and simple the club has been on a downward spiral for years.To many around the club in safe seats under no pressure whatsoever.

Have to agree about  following the Highland league. The football on show at Forres puts the two Friday games I have just witnessed to shame.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 2

Am I the only one who would feel just a little less frustrated about our position if the manager would, at least occasionally, acknowledge just how poor we are, especially in front of goal, instead of the constant refrain that we are unlucky and are just not getting the breaks.

That mantra is wearing very thin indeed and is beginning to annoy me almost as much as the results and performances.

• Agree 4
  • Well Said 2

Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts
TABLE AFTER ALL SATURDAY GAMES
1. Arbroath 28 13 12 3 40 19 51
2. Kilmarnock 28 15 5 8 36 19 50
3. Partick Thistle 26 11 9 6 39 24 42
4. Inverness CT 28 10 10 8 35 27 40
5. Raith Rovers 28 9 12 7 34 34 39
6. Ayr United 28 8 8 12 29 40 32
7. Morton 28 7 10 11 30 38 31
8. Hamilton Ac. 28 7 10 11 29 43 31
9. Q.O.S. 27 6 8 13 29 40 26
10. Dunfermline 27 4 12 11 24 41 24

Arbroath 1-0 Dunfermline  FT

Killie 2-0 Accies  FT

Queens 3-0 Morton FT  

Rovers 0-4 Ayr Utd  FT

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Our form over the last 6 months (almost) is a major concern. 

It is undoubtedly a major concern, certainly the last five and a bit months.

At the end of September we had 19 points from 7 games.

Now we have 40 points from 28 games, so 21 points in 21 games since the start of October.

And we all know the last three months have been disastrous with only 6 points from 11 games.

Oh, to add insult to injury, County are now in the top six and only one point off a European place.

It is scary how far we have fallen since being almost permanently in the top league and consistently doing well in the cup competitions.

I don’t think the feedback on here has been this poor for a long time, even in the relegation season under Foran.

I can only think of four games when we have done well. The 3-1 win over Partick (second half only), the wins against Kilmarnock and the demolition of Morton. Even those games feel a lifetime ago now.

We can’t use injuries or Covid as an excuse. We just don’t have a game plan any more, players have lost confidence and the management team can’t turn it round. Roll on the end of the season!

PS If anyone is interested, this is the club’s report:

https://ictfc.com/match-report-partick-thistle-1-0-ictfc

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Roddy is already not showing up at training for one reason or another, but apparently issues with Dodds is a prime reason.

If that is true, it is a major concern.

Not only is it bad for Roddy and the club, but what message does it give to our other young players about how they will be treated.

Guys like Hyde and Nicolson have looked promising when they have had game time, and we need to be nurturing our youngsters to be increasingly involved and hopefully at some time to bring in income from transfer fees. Hopefully we have more Christies and Mackays in the pipeline.

4 hours ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

Decided to visit County today for game against St Mirren.Hopefully  will get to see and remember what a decent game looks like.Yes through thick and thin but sometimes you need to remind yourself of the level we used to play at and certainly will not be playing at for another season.

Get yerself a season ticket, a caravan and register for PIP.

• Funny 2

5 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Am I the only one who would feel just a little less frustrated about our position if the manager would, at least occasionally, acknowledge just how poor we are, especially in front of goal, instead of the constant refrain that we are unlucky and are just not getting the breaks.

That mantra is wearing very thin indeed and is beginning to annoy me almost as much as the results and performances.

Indeed. According to Dodds we've been unlucky for 11 games and if only we had got an early goal we'd be pumping teams 4-0. 

He said the 2nd half yesterday we were 'excellent'. Granted we weren't terrible but if conceding a goal and scoring nothing is excellent well he's clearly in la la land. 

Edited by Fraz
Autocorrect fail.

1 hour ago, Robert said:

If that is true, it is a major concern.

Not only is it bad for Roddy and the club, but what message does it give to our other young players about how they will be treated.

Guys like Hyde and Nicolson have looked promising when they have had game time, and we need to be nurturing our youngsters to be increasingly involved and hopefully at some time to bring in income from transfer fees. Hopefully we have more Christies and Mackays in the pipeline.

If accurate I can't side with Roddy on this. Regardless of if you're happy with your boss or not don't just stop showing up at work. That's ridiculous and petulant. Hopefully it's just rumours though.  

• Agree 1

It's hard to find positives I agree. A visit to the County reveals how far we have fallen.At the game today they could pass, dribble and were strong on the ball.The catering was good, Stewards seem professional, good crowd and toilets were not like a byre. 

I agree is is a real concern that Dodds thinks we are good and the second half was excellent.At best we were average if I was being generous. He cannot really believe that he just cannot.

1 minute ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

It's hard to find positives I agree. A visit to the County reveals how far we have fallen.At the game today they could pass, dribble and were strong on the ball.The catering was good, Stewards seem professional, good crowd and toilets were not like a byre. 

I agree is is a real concern that Dodds thinks we are good and the second half was excellent.At best we were average if I was being generous. He cannot really believe that he just cannot.

To be fair to County even when we were a better football team than them they were always better and more professional off the pitch. Stadium, catering, hospitality, connection to local businesses, local promotion etc were always way better than us. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

If accurate I can't side with Roddy on this. Regardless of if you're happy with your boss or not don't just stop showing up at work. That's ridiculous and petulant. Hopefully it's just rumours though.  

Fair comment. I’d jumped to the conclusion that, if true, the club is in the wrong.

Hopefully it is an unfounded rumour but if there is an issue that it gets sorted amicably and professionally by those involved.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic