Partick Thistle -V- Inverness CT - Preview

tm4tj

6 hours ago, Robert said:

Hopefully someone in the club actually reads this site and the posts on social media etc, and realises the way fans feel about the ongoing failure to communicate. If so, they need to be ensuring the Chairman, Board and CEO know the depth of feeling. Improving communication should be easy, it just needs them to focus on it, set a standard and stick to it. A monthly blog by the Chairman or CEO, augmented by helpful news in pre and post match interviews would make a major difference. If put in place quickly, it will help with season ticket sales for next season as some fans will be less cheesed off.

Our Chairman used to be on the forum and I hope he still has a look although he might not bother now!

45 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

we still have a board member who is a retired journalist. Surely he should deal with communications! 

I totally agree caleyboy even a statement once a month to the fans would be better than nothing.  We have to rely on the Inverness Courier.

There is Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, even TikTok if they got IHE to do it for them :lol: Then there is their own website, the Trust/Supporters Club, CTO, Wyness Shuffle podcast, Courier, HN ... and I am sure other outlets to get news or information out to the dwindling masses. So many options available but none taken which is a bit disappointing in this day and age. 

Chairman used to lurk here and read the site, and I got the odd WhatsApp message from him, but not sure if he is still lurking/reading posts. 

20 minutes ago, Scotty said:

There is Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, even TikTok if they got IHE to do it for them :lol: Then there is their own website, the Trust/Supporters Club, CTO, Wyness Shuffle podcast, Courier, HN ... and I am sure other outlets to get news or information out to the dwindling masses. So many options available but none taken which is a bit disappointing in this day and age. 

Chairman used to lurk here and read the site, and I got the odd WhatsApp message from him, but not sure if he is still lurking/reading posts. 

Aye Scotty but Gordie Fyfe has still got his notebook and pencil :lol:

When Graham Rae was Chairman he always had a brief column in the digital matchday programme which was emailed to ST holders.  I rather liked that and saw it as a good medium for communication.  It was not only issues around the forthcoming game, but about the club in general and various upcoming events.  This stopped when Graham stepped down.  It would be an easy thing to reinstate and, with a bit of imagination, widen it out to include other items of interest e.g interviews of previous players, anecdotes from fans about previous games.  It could be a good way of promoting a sense of community as well as keeping the club's most loyal supporters informed.

• Agree 4

Have to disagree about the former chairman. He may have put things in print, or at least he had someone organise that for him ... but my experience with him, as a shareholder, as a sponsor, and as a service provider, was not in any way, shape or form in the slightest bit positive. I will leave it at that.   

I realise we should maybe let this topic go now,but it is telling that we,the fans and supporters of the club, are being treated as non entities, that is until the end of the season and then the begging letters will come out asking us to joing Caley Thistle on another wonderful adventure,buy a season ticket at the same price as last year (if you are lucky) and we promise we will do better. A club like Inverness should have a great following when you consider they could and should be drawn from far and near Inverness, the capital of the HIghlands. However, why would you come as a newby to the club, not just because they are struggling on the playing field,but why come to a club that treats their supporters with such disrespect and then rely on the morals and loyalty of these same fans to come back next season. Those running the club know about our feelings,but it is as if they don't care,which is all the harder to stomach when the 'In Box' is full of Caley Thistle Emails when the season ends and they are looking ahead to the new season. What about an Email now to all the supporters telling us what is going on behind the scenes and what plans have you in place to rectify the clear issues that are ongoing.

In relation to the playing standard. It was summed up to me today by a bar Manager in Moray: All the punters in the pub last Friday were shocked by how poor Inverness were and how far they had fallen. So it is not just us the supporters and fans that think the performances are poor,neutrals do to.So how do you explain the 'excellent' performance in the second half that the manager saw?

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 9

3 hours ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

I realise we should maybe let this topic go now,but it is telling that we,the fans and supporters of the club, are being treated as non entities, that is until the end of the season and then the begging letters will come out asking us to joing Caley Thistle on another wonderful adventure,buy a season ticket at the same price as last year (if you are lucky) and we promise we will do better. A club like Inverness should have a great following when you consider they could and should be drawn from far and near Inverness, the capital of the HIghlands. However, why would you come as a newby to the club, not just because they are struggling on the playing field,but why come to a club that treats their supporters with such disrespect and then rely on the morals and loyalty of these same fans to come back next season. Those running the club know about our feelings,but it is as if they don't care,which is all the harder to stomach when the 'In Box' is full of Caley Thistle Emails when the season ends and they are looking ahead to the new season. What about an Email now to all the supporters telling us what is going on behind the scenes and what plans have you in place to rectify the clear issues that are ongoing.

In relation to the playing standard. It was summed up to me today by a bar Manager in Moray: All the punters in the pub last Friday were shocked by how poor Inverness were and how far they had fallen. So it is not just us the supporters and fans that think the performances are poor,neutrals do to.So how do you explain the 'excellent' performance in the second half that the manager saw?

The disregard that our current board and CEO seem to have for the fans who keep the club afloat is nothing short of disgraceful and is not a topic that should be 'let go' until it's resolved.

Customer relations is important to any company but especially so for one running what they wish to be regarded as a community club and at the moment is non existent.

It would take very little to resolve the issue but it appears that, despite previous utterances to the contrary, nobody at the top is bothered.

Poor results and performances are not the only reason why folk are drifting away from the club.

• Agree 7

To be honest on this form it is maybe best if we just missed out on the playoffs,because what are we going to do in these games that will be any different. I am still going to the game on Saturday and will continue to support the team like most of us will,but all we are all saying is don't take a liberty with our loyalty. As an aside, I was thinking we have the Manager who was a striker, the Assistant who was a striker, Kellagher who I think was a striker, we secure four strikers in the last window,but maybe, just maybe we need a coach for the defenders, someone to give them a steer and who better than Ross Tokely, surely that would be a wise move.

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie

41 minutes ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

As an aside, I was thinking we have the Manager who was a striker, the Assistant who was a striker, Kellagher who I think was a striker, we secure four strikers in the last window,but maybe, just maybe we need a coach for the defenders

So it's very odd that we can't score goals!

Yes, the defence could be improved, but I still maintain that the real problem is at the other end of the pitch.  If we can't score goals, we will never win games.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

Interesting!

We are fourth in the table, have scored the fourth highest number of goals in the league, and conceded the fourth lowest number of goals in the league. The three teams above us are those who have scored more and conceded less.

True, if we measure October to now it will be a much poorer picture. 

True about inability to score , but with all the emphasis on attack,how are we so poor at scoring.Perhaps it's not a problem with the strikers, it is with the service and support they  get from midfield and runs forward from defenders.Thats why I thought it might be best to lock up shop first and build from back with proper tactics,good passing,a plan and a system, rather than hoof forward and hope for best.This is where focus on defending and their roles might help.

• Agree 3

I said on here before that it was a number 10 we needed to bring in, someone in the mould of a Scott Allan, to link the midfield to the strikers, to thread balls through and create chances. Instead, we are now reduced to lumping balls up to our small strikers, and you can see during games how frustrated Billy Mckay gets. Surely we must have some young players who can pass a ball? Where are all these fantastic young players that Robbo was enthusing about a couple of years ago? We probably released them all.

• Agree 5

23 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I said on here before that it was a number 10 we needed to bring in, someone in the mould of a Scott Allan, to link the midfield to the strikers, to thread balls through and create chances. Instead, we are now reduced to lumping balls up to our small strikers, and you can see during games how frustrated Billy Mckay gets. Surely we must have some young players who can pass a ball? Where are all these fantastic young players that Robbo was enthusing about a couple of years ago? We probably released them all.

I think that's where mcGregor played for the youth team and he's played there a few times but Dodds prefered playing Shane there and moving Roddy to the right, then defensive mid, then the left...anywhere but 10...Jack Brown has been moved to a ten at his club and doing really well. wish we had kept him - I see Peterhead have signed him from Rothes. Hopefully we can get him back - he was a terrier with skills

• tm4tj unpinned this topic