The run-in

Naelifts

Given what we have been watching for the last few months it goes without saying that confidence within the support of any result is weak to say the least. Does this extend to the players and those in charge? We will find out. Looking at the remaining fixtures it is hard to see any guaranteed points. Arbroath up next unfortunately ......I say that because any points we do gain from this will be to the detriment of a team which has rightly gained universal plaudits. Its just the sort of game that we could do well in when least expected and this would benefit Killie who we still have to face. Away to fellow strugglers Raith on the  19th looks key. We also face a resurgent Ayr, Morton and Hamilton.........it looks super-tough but anything short of a top four finish would be a disgrace given where we were a few short months ago. In short every game is a cup final and I do feel that, should we achieve a play-off place then we have as good a chance as any. All is not lost then but it comes down to the attitude and will of the ICT machine to pull this off. The support will play a part and, hard as it is to turn out these days, a noisy backing for the team could constitute the mythical 12th man. So.....for the last time.......Come On Caley, give us what we deserve.

• Like 1
  • Well Said 5

Optimism indeed. Ironically, if somehow we beat Arbroath it could create a run. Fourth place now looks respectable and if we were able to create a winning mentality, play offs might prove a chink of light. Few would see that as realistic but using Ross County as our model, they were bottom of the SPFL until quite recently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Naelifts said:

Given what we have been watching for the last few months it goes without saying that confidence within the support of any result is weak to say the least. Does this extend to the players and those in charge? We will find out. Looking at the remaining fixtures it is hard to see any guaranteed points. Arbroath up next unfortunately ......I say that because any points we do gain from this will be to the detriment of a team which has rightly gained universal plaudits. Its just the sort of game that we could do well in when least expected and this would benefit Killie who we still have to face. Away to fellow strugglers Raith on the  19th looks key. We also face a resurgent Ayr, Morton and Hamilton.........it looks super-tough but anything short of a top four finish would be a disgrace given where we were a few short months ago. In short every game is a cup final and I do feel that, should we achieve a play-off place then we have as good a chance as any. All is not lost then but it comes down to the attitude and will of the ICT machine to pull this off. The support will play a part and, hard as it is to turn out these days, a noisy backing for the team could constitute the mythical 12th man. So.....for the last time.......Come On Caley, give us what we deserve.

I get what you are saying but I was at Partick and the away support was it's usual noisy self. We still lost. Sorry to be despondent but I can't see where a win is going to come from especially on Saturday. Happy to be proved wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Even if we had a full crowd and the players treated it like a cup final.... We still probably wouldn't win, and the reason being as far as I'm concerned.... Its a much bigger problem than the bad luck that dodds talks about, or the players not quite giving full effort, or injuries or subs or any of that.... Its the coaching tactics and drive that's missing. We have 3 clueless buffoons on the training pitch, that are spouting the same guff week in week out and expecting the players just to accept it, but they can't because they know its not working. We've got a decent squad and the best thing that could happen right now is a clear out of the coaches and a new manager and staff in with fresh new ideas and a new ethic and drive. That will never happen as we know, so on and on we rumble as Ed are 

• Like 1
  • Well Said 3

16 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

"The run-in."

Older folks here will remember back-window stickers on new cars:  "Running in - please pass".   :laugh:

....and Arbroath, Kilmarnock and Partick all gleefully accepted that invitation.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1