Raith Rovers -V- Inverness CT - Preview

tm4tj

19 minutes ago, Satan said:

Need to win this now, if only to **** off the idiotic commentators (non biased) for continually calling us Caledonian Thistle.

Really.

Well surprisingly we did win!!!

• Agree 1

Well well well. I didnt see that coming 20 minutes ago.

We maybe didn't deserve all three points but I wll happily take them.

A bit of breathing space against Raith and the gap narrowed against Partick.

A much better day than it looked a wee while ago.

We will have to play, and especially defend, much better for the rest of  the season but much to celebrate this evening.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 2

Partick getting thumped a real bonus. Good day for us after all.

Now we are third and need to keep the winning run going.

Not pretty but I will take the three points happily (and sorry all for saying I’d settle for a draw earlier!).

Two great goals by Chalmers.

Arguably more than we deserved but Raith were quite cynical at times and didn’t like the ref seeing through their tactics.

Roll on next Saturday!!

• Agree 1

Honestly didn't see that win coming,despite the promising start and long spells of first half possession- who knew Chalmers could be so deadly twice from nearly the same spot on the pitch!

Credit to Raith for blowing it big style - kicked off by the straight red for Bene( commentators seethe now). Persisistent time wasting came back to bite them, and with Dodds throwing subs on like confetti it seemed to further confuse Raith who, like their mates doing the commentary were marvelling at how the Caledonian Thistle ( hi Sergei!) players were always changing position on the pitch, it was hard to tell who was playing where , which if you'd been privy to most of our games this year it's a natural effect of not having much of a plan or formation. Fluid, I think they described it as.😆

A lot of flak directed at the ref, but even with replays the poor quality of stream combined with camera angles and sun made it hard to definitely argue with a lot of them.

Certainly worth waiting for the last 5 minutes or so, for the late winner and another red card into the bargain.

Oh, the hopes are rising already.

😏

• Agree 2

I know it is a big ask, but I've just been thinking about our first time moving up to the top flight and how ICT seemed to come out of nowhere in the last few games to claim the prize. I'll never forget the pitch invasion while we waited for the helicopter to continue its journey to Inverness.

The teams above us will be getting nervy now and the boys have nothing to lose by throwing everything at it.

C'mon ICT - you can do it.

• Agree 1

Scenes in the away end 😎 Flashbacks to the 4-3 game when Foran scored.

Thought we were the better side first half although there was a lack of intensity, obviously Dodds thinks they train well so just treat matches like training sessions.
Second half we were miles off it and would have got booed off if the game had ended at 1650. Wee Billy must have a sore neck watching all those hoofs going over his head. Aaron’s finished and Broadfoot has played too many games this season for an old man. First two subs made no difference but Cammy and Walsh coming on did.

Don’t usually criticise refs but I’ve observed Colin Steven since he started in the non league and he’s consistently hopeless.

Edited by TheMantis
  • Thoughtful 1

I understand the tactics now. Confuse the opposition by using as many subs as you can and change formation so much that the opposing team don't know what's going on .Ah the down side,well we don't know what formation we are playing either and that is why passes keep going astray.Justgoing to enjoy the win for now and grateful  Chalmers chose to shoot twice and not pass.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic