Raith Rovers -V- Inverness CT - Preview

tm4tj

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

I think that’s 3 visits to Raith in a row where the home side had a red card (or two).

Three red cards yesterday if you count the one given to John McGlynn. 

Edited by Robert

I am still feeling positive about everything. 

I think I am ill. 

I said before the Ayr game if we got 26 points from last 11 games we would win the league. 

I don't think we will win it now as our max points is now 25 from last 11 games. 

But I still think with the fixture clashes between Raith arbroath Partick and killie we will finish second  as we win every game in our run in. 

Happy Clappy Chappy

Screenshot_20220321-072207_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

We have to be realistic that Raith are in some turmoil after the David Goodwillie situation.  Dunfermline are now up for a fight. Yogi will have them really pumped up. One would hope, that after our very dismal run, and good fortune against Raith, that the team responds positively. We need to win this game partly because the week after is free because QOS have the cup final. 

On 3/20/2022 at 8:18 PM, STFU said:

Thankfully for our league position we seem to have found a couple of fortunate results.

Unfortunately it's papering over the cracks and keeping Dodds and his Diddy Men in a job.

Agree : the first 89 minutes were torture (again). We have no shape and certainly no plan in matches.

I really hope consecutive wins give the team a bit of belief for the run in.

I really hope Billy Dodds has a game plan for the game against Dunfermline, and not just the usual punt the ball up the park. Yogi will have a game plan, and he will have three of our former players in their ranks, Col Donaldson, Liam Polworth and Joe Chalmers, they might have had four, but Owain Von Williams has been released, but I'm sure those three will be fired up. So let's be on it from the first whistle and please please please pass the ball and shoot more!

• Agree 2

Totally agree,We need to practice passing and pass from the back out. You don't need to be a Rocket Scientists to know high balls to small strikers = no chance of getting the ball. It is that simple. High balls might work if we still had a White or similar up front,but when he was with us he couldn't jump and now he is like a kangaroo with County.

We surely must have a game plan, because Yogi is the master tactitian and strategist and he will have Dumfermiline fighting all the way. We need to realise that we have been lucky these last two games and overall we are a shadow of the team we once were. We need to have players who can read the game and take up the right positions to receive passes. Finally, as Chalmers showed, shooting when near the goals is always an option rather that trying to pass it into the net and getting bogged down.

• Agree 1

Dunfermline host Partick Thistle tonight. Game is live on the BBC Scotland channel, kick off at 7:05pm.

Significant game for us in more than one way with Pars coming North on Saturday and Partick on our heels in fourth place.

3 hours ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

We surely must have a game plan, because Yogi is the master tactitian and strategist and he will have Dumfermiline fighting all the way.

Have you seen how Dunfermline are playing and performing under Hughes?

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 3

And Dunfermline with three ex ICT players on the field and an ex ICT manager, it’s certainly time for correct tactics or the goodwill from the last two results will evaporate.  

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Have you seen how Dunfermline are playing and performing under Hughes?

Seems to be doing well tonight.Hughes  has always had a good knowledge of the game and knows tactics.He did win us a cup at Inverness more than any other recent Manager has managed since. My point is now with three ex ICT players,Hughes is turning it round and if they play on Saturday like they are playing tonight we better be at our best.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Douglas Mackenzie said:

Totally agree,We need to practice passing and pass from the back out. You don't need to be a Rocket Scientists to know high balls to small strikers = no chance of getting the ball. It is that simple. High balls might work if we still had a White or similar up front,but when he was with us he couldn't jump and now he is like a kangaroo with County.

We surely must have a game plan, because Yogi is the master tactitian and strategist and he will have Dumfermiline fighting all the way. We need to realise that we have been lucky these last two games and overall we are a shadow of the team we once were. We need to have players who can read the game and take up the right positions to receive passes. Finally, as Chalmers showed, shooting when near the goals is always an option rather that trying to pass it into the net and getting bogged down.

I would be interested to hear the views of Raith Rovers fans on the proposition of John Hughes as 'master tactician'.

That said, Dunfermline looking the better organised team so far this evening.

20 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I would be interested to hear the views of Raith Rovers fans on the proposition of John Hughes as 'master tactician'.

That said, Dunfermline looking the better organised team so far this evening.

Oh well that's what makes us all fans I guess, different opinions.If he wasn't any good why has he managed so many teams at so many levels with his fair share of success.At least he has a plan and is tactically aware.Not sure we have at times.

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie

When Dunfermline win, that will be three defeats in a row for Partick, joining us and Raith in messing things up once in a strong position in the league.

We’ve not beaten Dunfermline this season so now is the time to change that.

I agree with all the comments above. We need a game plan and a plan B, neither involving hopeful punts up the park.

This is only the third time this season we have won two (or more) league games on the trot but there is no better time to put a winning run together. The target should be catching Arbroath so we finish second and have a better chance in give play offs. They have Raith and Partick in their next two games so teams around us will drop points. It is up to us to ensure we don’t drop any. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 4

It just shows you how unpredictable football is. When Partick had all their games in hand, I thought they would be up with Killie and Arbroath, but they have dropped points in them all. It shows you that we must be at it on Saturday or the last two wins will be meaningless. 

• Agree 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic