Inverness CT -V- Dunfermline - Preview

tm4tj

Hopefully the Ridgers must start brigade chill out a bit now. Obviously Ridgers is quality but Cammys dedicated his whole life to Caley and is worthy of a run in the team, barely missed a session and has been very solid since coming in. 1 mistake and calling to be dropped is very harsh. He’s human.

Edited by RossM1997
Mistake
  • Well Said 1

Really, really good performance. We were under the cosh for 5, 10 minutes after we scored the first but it was great to see players throwing themselves in front of shots and Mackay making some great saves to keep us ahead. There seemed a real determination and fight about the team today. For me that was Carsons best performance in a long time but I thought McAlear and in particular Sean Welsh were outstanding, completey dominated the midfield. Looks like we could be timing our return to form just at the perfect time.

Edited by SteveA
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, RossM1997 said:

Hopefully the Ridgers must start brigade chill out a bit now. Obviously Ridgers is quality but Cammys dedicated his whole life to Caley and is worthy of a run in the team, barely missed a session and has been very solid since coming in. 1 mistake and calling to be dropped is very harsh. He’s human.

Didn't have much to do in 1st half but made some crucial stops after we went ahead and dunfermline capitalised on a brief period of pressure.

Credit also to the numerous blue & red shirts that were blocking shots in & around our box for a fraught 10 minute spell.

• Agree 2

It's a pity that, now that we have last tapped into a vein of good form, that there is such a delay before our next fixture.

I like the Challenge Cup as a tournament although I would rather we are not eligible to take part next season.

However, the final usually takes place earlier in the season and I wonder whether it is appropriate, at this late crucial stage in the league season with so many sides having so much to play for, it is appropriate for it to take precedence over league fixtures rather that being played midweek under the lights.

• Agree 1

Whats changed is the fear of failure has gone and been replaced with a joy in playing. 

All the players were playing lower percentage higher value passes in the final third which were just much more dangerous. 

Think of all the times in that eleven game run where possession ended in a dismal short pass rather than an edgy fast pass into a channel.

Doran was good today but I would pick out Logan Chalmers as a huge improvement in the team.

But it isn't for his personal contribution but for his constant closing down of space for dunfermline, the excellent communication and discipline he showed listening to Duran deas and Welsh directing traffic, and his hunting to play quick balls into dangerous areas when going forward.

Excellent game from a team player. 

Happy chappy chappy. 

4 wins to go.

Screenshot_20220321-072207_Gallery.thumb.jpg.b632a69a9950f8065906fcae0fedaa38.jpg

• Agree 1

Like the other posters I really enjoyed today watching a good all round performance from all the team, a well earned three points well done :clapping:  McAlear's goal was fantastic and Samuel's a great finish which will give him a bit more confidence.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

So what exactly has changed, from aimless and dispirited performances in that 11 match winless run, to 3 good performances and wins in a row?

I haven't a clue it was totally different today and if we had only won three of these games we would be up challenging Kilmarnock.

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

A fantastic three points, and a very good performance, once we stopped punting the ball up the park for a ten minute period. An amazing goal from Mcalear, we were right in line with it, what a strike. There were good performances all over the pitch. Some games it was difficult to pick a man of the match, because the performance wasn't good, this game was the opposite, so many players could have been man of the match. Can't remember the last time we won three on the bounce. Happy days.

Great team performance.  Solid performances from the regular starters and really important contributions from MacKay in goal, Duffy and Chalmers.  What is good to see is how we are getting men forward  with a lot more movement up front allowing more threatening through balls to be played.  We were unfortunate not to have been in the lead at half time and had the chances to be out of sight.

Dunfermline were disappointing and demonstrated why they will only get out of the Championship at the wrong end with Yogi is in charge.  In the 1st half they played some neat and tidy possession football in their own half, but when they came up against our press, they would either pass the ball back in the time honoured Yogi way or lose possession.  For all the possession they had, they rarely posed any kind of threat. Yet after we scored, they suddenly started playing proper football and for a short period looked very threatening indeed.  It required a great save from MacKay and some backs to the wall defending to keep them out.  

Once we got our second, the fight went out of them and the cracks in their team spirit began to show.  Defensively, Dunfermline were poor and seemed overly focussed on keeping their shape rather than tracking our runners.  I hope they are looking forward to their derbies with Kelty next season.

• Well Said 1

42 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Great team performance.  Solid performances from the regular starters and really important contributions from MacKay in goal, Duffy and Chalmers.  What is good to see is how we are getting men forward  with a lot more movement up front allowing more threatening through balls to be played.  We were unfortunate not to have been in the lead at half time and had the chances to be out of sight.

Dunfermline were disappointing and demonstrated why they will only get out of the Championship at the wrong end with Yogi is in charge.  In the 1st half they played some neat and tidy possession football in their own half, but when they came up against our press, they would either pass the ball back in the time honoured Yogi way or lose possession.  For all the possession they had, they rarely posed any kind of threat. Yet after we scored, they suddenly started playing proper football and for a short period looked very threatening indeed.  It required a great save from MacKay and some backs to the wall defending to keep them out.  

Once we got our second, the fight went out of them and the cracks in their team spirit began to show.  Defensively, Dunfermline were poor and seemed overly focussed on keeping their shape rather than tracking our runners.  I hope they are looking forward to their derbies with Kelty next season.

Also taking off Thomas and Polworth sealed their fate- cheers Yogi 😁

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, RossM1997 said:

OK Cammy 👍 👍 

• Funny 4

In fairness to the manager who has been, rightly in my view, criticised for much of the season, his use of the loan system is now paying dividends with vital goals from a loan player last week and from two loan players this.

Suddenly, it looks like we have options in the squad which may expand further if Roddy becomes fit to play during our enforced extended break.

8 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

The 'master tactician'.

Nothing will take away from a good all round performance yesterday and yes maybe saying Yogi was a master at tactics was pushing it,but come back to me when any Inverness Manager can claim similar to 3 cups and first division with Falkirk,Scottish Cup with Inverness,PFA Manager of the year etc.What I meant is Yogi will have done his homework and if he sees any weakness he will capitalise.Thankfully the boys were all good yesterday.

33 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

In fairness to the manager who has been, rightly in my view, criticised for much of the season, his use of the loan system is now paying dividends with vital goals from a loan player last week and from two loan players this.

Suddenly, it looks like we have options in the squad which may expand further if Roddy becomes fit to play during our enforced extended break.

Did Samuels not sign a permanent 18 month contract? 

• Agree 1

I was fortunate to be invited to hospitality yesterday, and it was excellent. Hosted by Keith Haggart, Robbo spoke pre-match and Reece McAleer was interviewed at the Man of the Match presentation. A nice meal and good service, with a jovial atmosphere throughout. I’d recommend it.

Robbo advised that Danny Devine and Joe Hardy picked up knocks on Thursday, whilst Roddy MacGregor had also looked to be ready, but was feeling his leg so they didn’t risk him.

Reece McAlear is clearly enjoying his time here and feels he has learnt and developed a lot. He was particularly complimentary about Kirk Broadfoot who has been mentoring him.

As for the game, a good performance and a well deserved result, topped off by two fine goals.

Other than a short spell after our first goal, with two important and good saves by Cammy MacKay, I thought we were well on top and seldom troubled.

The other highlight was the chanting after Polworth got subbed of “Polly Polly what’s the score?” whilst Donaldson was booed whenever the ball was near him and he was losing the plot by the end.

A good day all round!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, RossM1997 said:

During the first half PPV commentary, Ross T noted that Cammy's ball distribution has been excellent in the games that he has played.  So that's two of us who think that :lol:

We now have the problem of keeping two first-team quality keepers happy and motivated!

• tm4tj unpinned this topic