Inverness CT -V- Dunfermline - Preview

tm4tj

10 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

During the first half PPV commentary, Ross T noted that Cammy's ball distribution has been excellent in the games that he has played.  So that's two of us who think that :lol:

We now have the problem of keeping two first-team quality keepers happy and motivated!

Premiership wages next season should go a long way to doing that.

I have in the past been critical of caleys play. Yesterday was the first game I have seen for a while what a difference back to the team I loved and supported great movement supporting each other what a team.

• Agree 2

Much, much better performance from the team. Credit to them and Dodds. Dunfermline were never in that game save for a short spell after we scored when MacKay kept us in the game with some stunning saves. 

McAlear's Jimmy Ping was simply gorgeous. Incredible technique to hit that so well but also so controlled. I will never tire of watching it. 

Great finish by Samuels for his first ICT goal mere seconds after I bemoaned his appearance in place of Mckay :laugh:

Picking players to get points in the MotM was a chore but for the right reasons this time. So many good performances from Sutherland, Deas, Duffy, McAlear etc but looking back I think I've been harsh to exclude Carson who had the cigars out keeping Dom Thomas in his back pocket the entire time Thomas was on the pitch. A real return to form for Carson. 

I feel like Arbroath are running on fumes at the moment so could we sneak second spot? We've probably left ourselves with too much to do but you never know... 

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, RiG said:

I feel like Arbroath are running on fumes at the moment so could we sneak second spot? We've probably left ourselves with too much to do but you never know... 

Maybe so but that should now be the ambition.

On 3/26/2022 at 7:26 PM, forresjags said:

Sutherland pick of the bunch today, some great touches and seems to be relishing playing in a wider role.

He very rarely loses possession or misplaces a pass.

We seemed to try to play to our strengths yesterday which was refreshing.

It’s just a pity we don’t play for two weeks given we have been building momentum but it will give the players with injuries time to recover.

Also a shout out for Doran and Duffy. Doran has lost his pace, but it was his vision and a great pass that let Samuels into score. Duffy has looked confident and capable any time he has played at centre half, and seems more natural there than at right back. He is really unlucky not to have had more game time this season. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, bigman said:

I have in the past been critical of caleys play. Yesterday was the first game I have seen for a while what a difference back to the team I loved and supported great movement supporting each other what a team.

It's been almost three decades since I have been critical of Caley's play.

Even then, I was in no great position to do so as Thistle's play was even more worthy of criticism.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Great game and fantastic atmosphere. First half totally in control without carving them open. Bit nervy after we scored but brilliant to see the attitude to defending our goal -  ‘thou shalt not pass’ style. Two top quality goals. Think I got sunburnt! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Incredible how a run of 11 games without a win, can be followed by a winning run, two of which we're definitely deserved. Key goals prevented at key times, and key goals cored at good times. Sounds simple doesn't it. The crazy thing is we have lost just (JUST) 3 games in 13 this calendar year. Maybe that does set us up better than we think for the run-in. McAlear has stepped up to cover the loss of Allardice [and what a great goal he scored], and we are seeing some returns from the loan players, and at last Samuels. We're are a bit short of numbers. so the return of Devine, and in particular a fit MacGregor are important (and obvs Pearson was on international duty). I think Doran and Walsh have big parts to play in the run-in, and that 2nd spot if claimed on the last day could be a deciding factor too. The defence feels fairly solid, and Dodds seems to be able to shuffle the side around to get goals from people. It feels like we have some momentum, and the squad is happy and harmonious. Let's hope for a good April, with a proper spring in the step!

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Such a shame that we have no interest in tonight's live match on the BBC Scotland channel with Kilmarnock being out of our reach in first place.

They're not out of reach.  If they lose their remaining 5 games and we win ours, we will end the season 5 points ahead of them.  It's not likely to happen I grant you, but they are not out of reach - yet.  They could win one and draw two and we could still pip them on goal difference.  I am very interested in watching them lose tonight!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

TONIGHT 1st APRIL

Ayr Utd 1-1 Accies

Morton 1-1 Killie

SATURDAY 2ND APRIL

Partick 0-0 Arbroath

WEDNESDAY 6TH APRIL

Pars v Raith - 19:45

FRIDAY 8TH APRIL

Queens v Partick - 19:45

Last updated: 26.03.2022 at 13:13
Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts

1. Kilmarnock 31 18 5 8 43 22 59
2. Arbroath 31 14 13 4 44 25 55
3. Inverness CT 31 13 10 8 43 29 49
4. Partick Thistle 31 12 9 10 43 36 45
5. Raith Rovers 31 10 13 8 40 40 43
6. Hamilton Ac. 31 9 11 11 36 45 38
7. Morton 31 8 12 11 34 41 36
8. Ayr United 31 8 9 14 31 45 33
9. Dunfermline 31 5 14 12 31 47 29
10. Q.O.S. 31 6 8 17 30 45 26

8 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

They're not out of reach.  If they lose their remaining 5 games and we win ours, we will end the season 5 points ahead of them.  It's not likely to happen I grant you, but they are not out of reach - yet.  They could win one and draw two and we could still pip them on goal difference.  I am very interested in watching them lose tonight!

I have become quite optimistic about our prospects of late to the point of believing we have a good chance of overhauling Arbroath for second place but that is just a bit of a stretch too far even through the most red and blue tinted spectacles.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I have become quite optimistic about our prospects of late to the point of believing we have a good chance of overhauling Arbroath for second place but that is just a bit of a stretch too far even through the most red and blue tinted spectacles.

I have my blue and red specs on mon the Ton :lol:

• Thoughtful 1

I’m more inclined to think we’re fighting for second place so I’m looking for a late Killie winner to knock the stuffing out of Arbroath and deny them any encouragement…

• Agree 1

On 3/26/2022 at 8:23 PM, Kingsmills said:

I like the Challenge Cup as a tournament although I would rather we are not eligible to take part next season.

However, the final usually takes place earlier in the season and I wonder whether it is appropriate, at this late crucial stage in the league season with so many sides having so much to play for, it is appropriate for it to take precedence over league fixtures rather that being played midweek under the lights.

I think it is a couple of weeks later than usual, certainly compared to when we were last in the final.

However, the final deserves to be played at the weekend as midweek would limit the fans who could attend.

If we’d been in it, I’m sure none of us would have wanted a midweek date. Just a shame about our very poor cup form this season. 

2 hours ago, Robert said:

I think it is a couple of weeks later than usual, certainly compared to when we were last in the final.

However, the final deserves to be played at the weekend as midweek would limit the fans who could attend.

If we’d been in it, I’m sure none of us would have wanted a midweek date. Just a shame about our very poor cup form this season. 

Poor cup form which few of us will now care too much about if we can gain promotion.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic