Here is the New ICT Home Strip

SMEE

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

I wonder which fans were allegedly consulted re the song wording? ie got it wrong? 

A very good question. Maybe the same ones they consulted about the naff design.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Like 1

I love it! 

Maybe I'm just a glass half full, happy clappy type, but it's a wee bit different and I love the personalisation of the song (and my eyesight is not good enough to have spotted the error yet).

You are never going to please all the people, so here's hoping it brings with it good fortune for the team next season, then it will be job done.

(If they do manage to alter the text, perhaps the prototypes will become much sought after collectors items, and we'll all want one).

C'mon Boys, let's see if we can be sporting it in the top tier next season.

10 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Can I ask why all the complaints regarding the words of the song, its only a minor error 🤔?

Because its not correct? It's a song with 4 lines so not exactly hard to get right? 

If you watch the teaser graphic they put out you can clearly hear and see the words don't match!!! 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Robert said:

As these are images of what the strip will look like, presumably the actual stock delivered can be correct?

Has anyone pointed it out to the club?

I think they will do what they normally do tbh. Batten down the hatches and wing it by pretending they don't know? Which they do I'm told 

Clearly, someone was educated at the same time that I was, in the 60s to mid-70s.  It was hammered into us that we should never use any form of the verb "get".  If one found oneself about to do so, then one should seek an alternative.  "Nice" was another word which we also had to avoid.

(Written in my bestest English, as they learned us.)

6 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Clearly, someone was educated at the same time that I was, in the 60s to mid-70s.  It was hammered into us that we should never use any form of the verb "get".  If one found oneself about to do so, then one should seek an alternative.  "Nice" was another word which we also had to avoid.

Am I permitted to use the word 'Nice' to describe my favourite biscuit?

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Am I permitted to use the word 'Nice' to describe my favourite biscuit?

As long as you pronounce it "neece".   It is not the same word  :wink:

Wikipedia: "1929 editions of the Hull Daily Mail carried an advertisement for Huntley & Palmers Nice Biscuits using the phrase "Delightful as the town after which they are named", indicating that by this point their manufacturers intended the public to associate the biscuit with the French city, whether or not that had been the intended pronunciation."

20 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Can't remember being teached that in the High School 🤔 😅 

I quite like it....maybe because it looks like a training top but still has the crappy badge on it. Anyway, at £48 (allegedly) it'll stay on it's hanger in the shop.

• 2 weeks later...