Kingsmills

3 hours ago, Robert said:

All the dates are here:

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-press-release-48366 

If we overcome Partick, we will have Arbroath at home on Tuesday 10 and away on Friday 13.

If we get through that, we will be at home on Friday 20 and away on Monday 23. 

Has the potential to be the most exciting footballing month of May since 2015.

• Like 2

They won't be included. Pretty sure the match pricing of these games is done by the spfl although sold through the clubs.

Expect an announcement on sales will be once the final game is over since technically 4th place finisher is not decided yet.

• Thank You 1

The league Cup final at Parkhead was a huge match watched by the largest ever crowd in our history.

The next year at Hampden was an even bigger game with a fantastic outcome.

However, as far as the medium and long term future of our club is concerned, neither was as important as the potentially half dozen matches to come.

We can do it but to do so everyone from management, coaches, players and us fans needs to be fully committed and on or close to top form.

Assuming that, Partick, Arbroath, and St Johnstone should be fearing us rather than vice versa.

It's now about mental strength and belief as much as fitness and ability.

Our appearance in the playoffs last time had massive importance as well, although we only cleared the first hurdle at that attempt.

Of course it was and still is a significant challenge, but I think the enormity of all the matches we could play should be tempered with the old football adage - one game at a time. 

If we think too far down the line then that may be our undoing, each match is a final until there are none left. We must approach them that way.

On 4/22/2022 at 10:41 AM, Kingsmills said:

I agree that Arbroath have been remarkable with few of us believing they would stay the course.

Whatever now happens, I believe that Dick Campbell deserves to be crowned SPFL Manager of the Season and not just the divisional award for which he has been a shoe in for months.

Lost out to the Celtic manager for the PFA award. No great surprise.

I fear that the Football  Writers will be equally predictable. Such a shame that those with influence in Scottish football seldom see past The Dear Green Place and never out with the Central Belt.

12 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

I don't know about anyone else but I get this feeling that maybe, just maybe  this could be our year!

Come on guys you're doing  great👍 

I will probably think the same if we get through Friday unscathed and then get past Arbroath :ictscarf:

11 minutes ago, caleyboy said:

W  D  W D and we are there !!

Although, from a personal point of view, I will blow the tenner I placed on us winning all six play off matches.

Was hoping at current prices, to buy a full tank of petrol and a litre of vegetable oil !

• Funny 2

12 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Although, from a personal point of view, I will blow the tenner I placed on us winning all six play off matches.

Was hoping at current prices, to buy a full tank of petrol and a litre of vegetable oil !

I say, I can give you a lift to Arbroath to save on your petrol and help the environment. Think of the banter we could have, down and back up. Double the delight, eh what? 🧐

• Funny 1

Unfortunately for us, now that St Johnstone are safe from automatic relegation but can't escape the play off place, they have nothing to play for in their final scheduled league match tomorrow and can virtually freewheel and rest as many players as they wish.

Sharp contrast to the position we find ourselves in after yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Unfortunately for us, now that St Johnstone are safe from automatic relegation but can't escape the play off place, they have nothing to play for in their final scheduled league match tomorrow and can virtually freewheel and rest as many players as they wish.

Sharp contrast to the position we find ourselves in after yesterday.

Yes but if they rest to many tomorrow the players will be rusty by Friday :wink:  I think we can cobble together a decent team for Friday and hope to get something to take to Perth on Monday. 

13 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

No rules about this?  The EFL has a rule that after the 4th Thursday in March, a club's teamsheet for a league game must include 10 outfield players who were on the previous league game's teamsheet.   Of course, you could move a lot of your best players to the subs' bench, but it seems to be a reasonable rule.