Yesterday at Ibrox

Kingsmills

Two instances of broken glass being scattered on the pitch yesterday which risked causing significant injury to players of both sides.

We all know that the Scottish football authorities are always loath to take any action against either member of the Old Firm but surely time now for an appropriate sanction.

In my view the SFA and/or the SPFL need to sanction The Rangers with at least the first two home league games of next season being played behind closed doors.

Same old ****, nothing changes and never will - just add it to the list along other actions which shame the Scottish game. There will be some initiatives launched, outrage tweeted or in media interviews by (including but not limited to) - politicians (who see it as point scoring opportunities), the police, clubs involved (usual media spin) and then the SPFL board.

We all know what needs to happen - guilty clubs hit hard with big fines (maybe proportional to the gate money income or higher), serious warnings then closed door games or docking points. None of it will happen though - we will be discussing this or another similar topic/event next season and the one after into infinity.

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Same old ****, nothing changes and never will - just add it to the list along other actions which shame the Scottish game. There will be some initiatives launched, outrage tweeted or in media interviews by (including but not limited to) - politicians (who see it as point scoring opportunities), the police, clubs involved (usual media spin) and then the SPFL board.

We all know what needs to happen - guilty clubs hit hard with big fines (maybe proportional to the gate money income or higher), serious warnings then closed door games or docking points. None of it will happen though - we will be discussing this or another similar topic/event next season and the one after into infinity.

Sadly, I fear that you are right.

Not being facetious but it might help if Buckfast and other fortified wines were sold in plastic containers.

1 hour ago, scottishhighlands said:

hi every one when i used to be a steward i took this photo of all the bottles the Celtic fans took into the Celtic end at Caley Thistle stadium  they are both just the same  

celtic fans.jpg

I have little regard for Celtic or their often disgracefully behaved fans but I am not sure that it's accurate to say that they are 'just the same'.

As abhorrent as Celtic fans can be, at least the bottles that you photographed remained in the stands and intact and only one set of fans went on the rampage and devastated a city centre when their team lost a European final.

Yesterday’s behaviour was shocking and at the very least Rangers should be required to play home Old Firm matches behind closed doors for the next two seasons.

As said above, I don’t see it happening. 

3 hours ago, scottishhighlands said:

hi every one when i used to be a steward i took this photo of all the bottles the Celtic fans took into the Celtic end at Caley Thistle stadium  they are both just the same  

celtic fans.jpg

More Buckfast at Ibrox.

_123995949_20424944.jpg

Least this in the media all will deflect from the usual increase in A&E attendances, fighting in the streets, looting and smashing up areas of the city and beating of wives and partners which should anger more than just the small % of society that is football fans.

• Agree 1