Ayr United -V- Inverness CT - Preview

tm4tj

30 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I never saw the match today, but reading most of the comments it looks like the Ayr manager, Lee Bullen, had a plan B, to get his team back in contention, while Billy Dodds is again found wanting and is unable to counteract the change in our opponents tactics. A very disappointing drop of two points, especially after the great start we had. In my opinion, I think Billy Dodds brief at the start of the season was to get ICT into the playoffs, and barring some catastrophic swing of results he has achieved that. We had a chance of going for second, but I think that has gone now, so we must try and finish as high as possible, as there is a difference in prize money ( I don't know the amounts ), between third and fourth. 

Perhaps more importantly, finishing third rather than fourth would give us home advantage in the second leg of the first play off tie which could be crucial.

• Agree 1

Our targets are clearer now. Acquire a few more points to stay in front of Partick, and then try and beat them in the play offs although expending lots of effort will be wasted if we are not in good shape for the two playoffs. See where that takes us. Kilmarnock will be champions and we cannot catch Arbroath. Raith are weak and will not catch Partick.  

34 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Our targets are clearer now. Acquire a few more points to stay in front of Partick, and then try and beat them in the play offs although expending lots of effort will be wasted if we are not in good shape for the two playoffs. See where that takes us. Kilmarnock will be champions and we cannot catch Arbroath. Raith are weak and will not catch Partick.  

We don't need to catch Partick. We are already ahead of them with a game in hand and we are perfectly capable of staying ahead and besting them over two legs in the play offs.

However, to do that we need to display the attitude and commitment we did for the first half  hour yesterday and not the complacency we showed for the remaining hour.

45 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

I get that bit....

About Partick losing🤣

Ha ha. You’ve updated the report……!!!!!!

Thanks for doing them each match. They always reflect the views of fans.

Edited by Robert
Corrected spelling of fans…..
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, No Shin Guards said:

I say, did Cammy Mackay think he'd give away a penalty if he used his hands to stop Ayr's second goal? 🤔 

Cammy is a very good 'keeper generally but I still think he is the second best custodian at our disposal. Certainly the less experienced.

I have said it before, decent as Cammy is, if Ridgers is fully fit and I assume he is, he would be my first choice for the vital games ahead.

• Agree 3

So Aaron assists and Logan scores cracking second goal Dodds decides to replace them .Were  they injured or what’s the reasoning behind that decision ?????

Edited by izzy
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 3

28 minutes ago, izzy said:

So Aaron assists and Logan scores cracking second goal Dodds decides to replace them .Were  they injured or what’s the reasoning behind that decision ?????

Doran apparently was injured and tbf Chalmers did little else of note however good his goal was. 

5 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Doran apparently was injured and tbf Chalmers did little else of note however good his goal was. 

That’s unfortunate if Aaron is injured again . As far as what else Logan Chalmers does as long as he puts the ball in the net is that not enough to keep him on the park ?That’s what gets points .

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

39 minutes ago, izzy said:

That’s unfortunate if Aaron is injured again . As far as what else Logan Chalmers does as long as he puts the ball in the net is that not enough to keep him on the park ?That’s what gets points .

I say, I'd have him with us ahead of his other family members, Joe Chalmers and Judith Chalmers, any day of the week. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, izzy said:

Most of the moans round me were lack of plan B and lack of change? I'm not a Dodds cheerleader but seems he can't win. 

Was delighted to see Roddy and Devine fit again

Chalmers looked okay playing wide and cutting inside but as a 10 he looked a bit lost.

The defending for the first goal was poor and the second even worse. MacKay has to be claiming that cross. Not sure what he ended up doing. Time to bring Ridgers back in.

• Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic