Reece McAlear

IBM

Billy Dodds is keen to keep Reece McAlear at ICT whether it will be a possible extension to his loan from Norwich City or to make an offer for him. It has been reported that St Johnstone, St Mirren and Kilmarnock are tracking him and would be keen to sign him.

I would like to have him in our team next season if it’s possible whichever league we are playing in. 

• Agree 1

He’s one I’d definitely want to keep but it is inevitable other clubs are after him given the way he has matured into a very capable player.

Hopefully he has enjoyed his time here and a promise of game time is good enough to encourage him to commit.

When he spoke at hospitality after the Dunfermline game, it was clear he has had more game time than he had anticipated this season and had benefitted from it. Kirk Broadfoot has acted as his mentor so hopefully he is advising Reece that staying would be good for him.

Allardice and McAleer would be a potentially potent central midfield pairing.

Edited by Robert

10 hours ago, IBM said:

Billy Dodds is keen to keep Reece McAlear at ICT whether it will be a possible extension to his loan from Norwich City or to make an offer for him. It has been reported that St Johnstone, St Mirren and Kilmarnock are tracking him and would be keen to sign him.

I would like to have him in our team next season if it’s possible whichever league we are playing in. 

I would like to see him stay but, being realistic, I think that is only likely if we gain promotion this season.

• 2 months later...