Queen of the South -V- Inverness CT - Preview

tm4tj

Disappointing to lose our momentum and interrupt our unbeaten run

We still have a decent margin over Partick but it should serve as a wake up call.

Sorry that the 3 points secured this evening will almost certainly prove too little too late to save Queens from automatic relegation as they are one of my favourite teams in the division and Palmerston one of my away venues.

We need to learn lessons from this evening and then put the disappointment behind us and move on to the much more important games ahead.

From the little I saw through the buffering we were back to our insipid mode that we played in the early part of the yea.r Far too deep and missing chances when we did get forward. money wasted and poor performance. ... only highlight the Chalmers goal.

Credit Queen of the South: I’ve had an e-mail refunding me the payment for the livestream.

They deserved to win. We didn’t turn up and if it wasn’t for Chalmers there would not have been any bright spots from the game.

Hopefully it gives us the kick up the rear end we need to end the season well.

Where is Moog’s positivity? After watching (some) if that we all need it.

I’ve just read the BBC report. Dodds was happy with our first half performance. Speechless at that!

Edited by Robert

Rather hoped Caley would clinch 3rd place so I could confirm travel up to Glasgow for the 3rd May...assuming Partick don't blow 4th place in favour of Raith!

I have a hotel reserved, and a ridiculously priced rail ticket home to London in my pocket [£26!]....So only quandary is do I go for the flight up now or wait until Saturdays results? [I think I can wait 4 days!]

Somehow I wasn't surprised that QoS did us...they had much to lose, and Dumfries is a long way to go. Morton away Saturday might prove better, but only if we seize the initiative straightaway

Edited by Eagle4Caley

Enjoyed last night......from a social point of view. Queens came out of the traps fast and had at least 3 good chances prior to their opening goal. After Chalmers response the game settled into mediocrity and the conversation flowed. Subjects swung from World Cups 74 and 78; Chatlie Watts and his influence; the location of Mantis' jacket (now reunited) and of course, that old chestnut, mountain ranges in the north of Greece. I see nothing wrong with driving through the night to have a blether with some old pals. If you want to know what happened on the pitch........sorry.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

You could tell that Queens were the side with something to play for whereas we looked to be in holiday mode already (or at least resting before the playoffs mode). That annoys me as I'd like to see us try and build some momentum going into the playoff games. Clearly we don't have the strength and depth to rotate any great number of players, The likes of Hardy and Samuels don't really show enough to warrant them being played ahead of Mckay if we ever need to get anything from a game. 

Queens were rarely troubled save for the goal and a wonderful Chalmers strike that sailed just wide of the post in the second half. They could and should have scored more if Cameron could finish a chance. He must have passed up about 2 maybe 3 great chances to score but the big pudding fluffed every single one of them.

Hard to pick out too many good points from the game so I'll go for meeting Ruairi ("nutrition is a load of shite") Paton and Euan East in McDonalds after the game. We didn't really recognise them so when one of my pals asked "Who are you?" East replied with "I'm the guy that scored the winner against you lot tonight" which I thought was a decent retort :laugh: 

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 3

I didn't see the game, but was wondering if Dodds played Carson at right back again? If he did, did he not learn anything from Friday night? When he restored Carson to the midfield we started to get a hold of the game and got the result. I am a great believer in winning the midfield first and foremost and building the game from there. We now have two chances to get the points we need for third place, let's not blow all the good work over the last few weeks.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

I didn't see the game, but was wondering if Dodds played Carson at right back again? If he did, did he not learn anything from Friday night? When he restored Carson to the midfield we started to get a hold of the game and got the result. I am a great believer in winning the midfield first and foremost and building the game from there. We now have two chances to get the points we need for third place, let's not blow all the good work over the last few weeks.

Carson was at right back. He was mostly fine there but, like you, I feel he should be in midfield. At the very least we should have an actual RB in the squad to give us an option there. Right now we've got a CM or a CB both filling in at RB and it's just stupid. Why we haven't signed a RB since Rooney left is beyond me.

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, RiG said:

meeting Ruairi ("nutrition is a load of shite") Paton and Euan East in McDonalds after the game. 

I remember seeing David Bagan tucking into a MacDonalds not much more than an hour before a midweek match at Livi. He didn’t play well!

43 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I remember seeing David Bagan tucking into a MacDonalds not much more than an hour before a midweek match at Livi. He didn’t play well!

I suspect he consumed a fair few McDonalds when he was with us then (other crap food also available).

6 hours ago, Satan said:

I suspect he consumed a fair few McDonalds when he was with us then (other crap food also available).

The way our team played last night makes me wonder if the team bus stopped for a Macdonalds on the way down :ponder:

• tm4tj unpinned this topic