Players need to have a LONG HARD look at themselves.

CaleyTennis

1 minute ago, TheMantis said:

The first time we went up, we had a solid squad with Wilson, McBain, Tokely, Golabek, Munro, McCaffrey, Mikey Fraser, Duncan, Brown and Proctor while we added a few such as Juanjo, Black, Bayne & Dods. The squad we have now would need a lot more work.

I agree. We might need to look at the coaching set up too.

However, first we need to negotiate the still extremely difficult task of getting there before we seriously consider what we might require to stay there.

7 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I agree. We might need to look at the coaching set up too.

However, first we need to negotiate the still extremely difficult task of getting there before we seriously consider what we might require to stay there.

I say, We (The Supporters) will be there, but will the players turn up though? 

That's the question as the chaps didn't turn up on Tuesday night to guarantee 3rd place, and some potentially earn a rest. 

Whilst finishing 3rd means the advantage of the second game of the Play Off 1/4 Final being at home, it also means more prize money than finishing 4th. 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, No Shin Guards said:

I say, We (The Supporters) will be there, but will the players turn up though? 

That's the question as the chaps didn't turn up on Tuesday night to guarantee 3rd place, and some potentially earn a rest. 

Whilst finishing 3rd means the advantage of the second game of the Play Off 1/4 Final being at home, it also means more prize money than finishing 4th. 

A difference of just over £28,000

20 minutes ago, CaleyTennis said:

Well I suppose that the players deserve credit for getting back to winning ways so maybe Tuesday was just a bad day at the office but tbh my post was aimed at the inconsistency against the bottom half teams 😁

Morton are a bottom half side. Im glad we didn’t manage to sell MacGregor before he scored the winner today though. I’m looking forward to your reaction on Friday night 👌

• Funny 2

14 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Morton are a bottom half side. Im glad we didn’t manage to sell MacGregor before he scored the winner today though. I’m looking forward to your reaction on Friday night 👌

You could add Deas too as he was part of the defence that kept Morton out today ;).

oh and I post on FB after every game on the result post so feel free to have a look :).

Good luck finding it mind you 🤣

Catching up after a few days in the doldrums, interesting thread. Brings to mind a couple of comments made in the Killie/Arbroath commentary - the last losses for both teams were at the hands of ICT. Just shows what a huge opportunity we've squandered this season with such a mixed bag of results - and begs the question, who is ultimately at fault? Was it down to a small core of players not pulling their weight or simply not up to the task, or was it the management team failing to get the tactics or motivation right to get the best out of everyone? I can appreciate the arguments on both sides.

I'm not able to offer an opinion as I have seen precious little of the games this season, just had to rely on the updates and reports from you guys. It's an enigma right enough, flashes of brilliance which showed the ability and quality was there, but equally spells of utter dross that would have had us struggling against Clach! Can only hope that the problems that were obviously there in the 3rd quarter of the season are now behind us and we can hit the play-offs running on a high. 

Great that we can have a forum to debate these moot points in a friendly demonstration of mutual respect for each others opinions 👍

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

Catching up after a few days in the doldrums, interesting thread. Brings to mind a couple of comments made in the Killie/Arbroath commentary - the last losses for both teams were at the hands of ICT. Just shows what a huge opportunity we've squandered this season with such a mixed bag of results - and begs the question, who is ultimately at fault? Was it down to a small core of players not pulling their weight or simply not up to the task, or was it the management team failing to get the tactics or motivation right to get the best out of everyone? I can appreciate the arguments on both sides.

I'm not able to offer an opinion as I have seen precious little of the games this season, just had to rely on the updates and reports from you guys. It's an enigma right enough, flashes of brilliance which showed the ability and quality was there, but equally spells of utter dross that would have had us struggling against Clach! Can only hope that the problems that were obviously there in the 3rd quarter of the season are now behind us and we can hit the play-offs running on a high. 

Great that we can have a forum to debate these moot points in a friendly demonstration of mutual respect for each others opinions 👍

Great that we have the means to debate with in a respectful manner with others, from whom we may hold differing opinions, but who have the interests of our club at heart.

Better still that the team, with the support of the fans, have put themselves in the position to rectify whatever went wrong for far too big a chunk of the season whosever fault, or combination of faults, that might have been.

Sometimes someone just needs to admit when their wrong and that day is today for my good self 😁

The run up until the Arbroath win was pretty worrying at the time but by god these lads have stepped up ever since and I for one am glad as I did doubt them after that tough loss at Firhill.

Note for next season: Never doubt the players attitude or desire to play for this club and don't question managers positions too early 😜

See, I can have a laugh and joke at my own expense lol.

• Like 1

You were right to ask the question but fortunately our form has picked up at the right time.

Who knows if we will get through the play offs but at least we have given ourselves a chance.

Partick seem to have gone off the rails, but we cannot assume we will beat them.

If we do, by the time we play Arbroath their players will be well rested so we will be underdogs despite our record against them this season.

I’m cautiously hopeful but prepared for disappointment. 

• Agree 1

Great start to the regular season, fantastic finish.

What a pity about the dramatic slump in the middle without which our players would be heading to the beach right now looking forward to playing in the Premiership next season.

The trip to the seaside will have to be delayed but that ambition is still well and truly alive.

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

What a pity about the dramatic slump in the middle without which our players would be heading to the beach right now looking forward to playing in the Premiership next season.

The trip to the seaside will have to be delayed but that ambition is still well and truly alive.

They can still manage a trip to Rosemarkie this weekend and be ready for Tuesday 😀

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Indeed.

19 points from our first 7 games.

21 points from our next 21 games (including 6 in 11 at the height of the slump).

19 points from our last 8 games.

Had we turned 4 of the draws into wins we’d have pipped Killie on goal difference.

All irrelevant now, as we have our most important games in recent years to prepare for. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Robert said:

Indeed.

19 points from our first 7 games.

21 points from our next 21 games (including 6 in 11 at the height of the slump).

19 points from our last 8 games.

Had we turned 4 of the draws into wins we’d have pipped Killie on goal difference.

All irrelevant now, as we have our most important games in recent years to prepare for. 

Certainly our most important battle with Partick since their court action to attempt to deprive us of our first promotion to the top tier.

Unlikely that Lord Brodie will be Refereeing this time but let's hope for a similar outcome.