Partick Thistle -V- Inverness CT - Play Off 2nd Leg - Preview

tm4tj

3 hours ago, The Long Man said:

Two great goals from Samuels saw us through that tie. Hope he can do the same v Arbroath. He seems on a good streak right now, love the way he finishes. With him, Chalmers and Shane we have goals in this side. I fancy us against a deflated Arbroath. We are on a bit of a roll, 7 goals in three games.

I say, you forgot to mention our saviour, Mark Ridgers, and that save in the first half. Oooooooof!!

• Agree 1

I think it has been all said.Not a great watch and grateful for the early goal.Thought Ridgers,Carson,Sutherland and Samuel's were standouts.Passing at times pretty woeful and as long as we have small strikers high balls up front are no use unless it is spot on perfect for a Samuel's run.

That said a good shift by all and well done for grinding out a result.

Good crowd and what a difference our younger singing supporters make. 

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

I can’t help but think of all the abuse Dodds was getting earlier in the season. If I was told we would have finished 3rd and in the semi finals of the playoffs at the start of the season I would have bitten your hand off.

At the point when dodds was getting abuse was our rotten mid season form which was well deserved criticism and perhaps then we would have settled for where we are. However given how poor the quality of teams in the league has been its clear some better results in that period and we'd have been already in the Premiership next year!!!

• Agree 1

Not the best match we’ve played this season, but we got the job done.

Thank goodness we got that goal or the second half could have got unbearable given the amount of possession Partick had.

Overall we handled them pretty well, although the bar saved us in the first half and Ridgers had a couple of decent saves.

Equally we could have had more with their ‘keeper making two good saves.

The players fought for it and we are deservedly through.

The injuries are a worry and hopefully we don’t lose anyone else for next week.

A great show from the singing section: keep it up. It is clear the players appreciate it.

Roll on Tuesday. Ticket details here:

https://ictfc.com/premiership-play-off-semi-final-tickets-on-sale-now

Edited by Robert

Nerve wracking stuff but history shows we won. Lots of room to improve following both games. Partick played really well in both and could easily feel unlucky. Good to hear McCall say '' I'd wish Inverness good luck in the semi-final." However, given how tight he marked him, it was a case for Carson of,,,,Breakfast at Tiffoneys. Arbroath will be well and truly up for the next two games. They are going to be tough games with Arbroath well rested and bitter at how Killie stole the league from them.

11 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Nerve wracking stuff but history shows we won. Lots of room to improve following both games. Partick played really well in both and could easily feel unlucky. Good to hear McCall say '' I'd wish Inverness good luck in the semi-final." However, given how tight he marked him, it was a case for Carson of,,,,Breakfast at Tiffoneys. Arbroath will be well and truly up for the next two games. They are going to be tough games with Arbroath well rested and bitter at how Killie stole the league from them.

In all fairness, Kilmarnock did not steal the league...they bought it.

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Arbroath will be well and truly up for the next two games. They are going to be tough games with Arbroath well rested ...

On the other hand, they may have lost some sharpness.   Someone on the TV last night said "Players would much rather play than train.".

I've noticed in the past that we are sometimes dodgy after even a one-week break.

Fingers crossed.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

At the point when dodds was getting abuse was our rotten mid season form which was well deserved criticism and perhaps then we would have settled for where we are. However given how poor the quality of teams in the league has been its clear some better results in that period and we'd have been already in the Premiership next year!!!

something tells me you're not a Billy fan then

I think as the game wore on the physicality of partick thistle really did change it from football to rugby. 

We lost control of the midfield in the second half with very few outballs available.

We need to be comfortable using all our subs and changing to 4231 or 433 to regain that midfield control as our players are very flexible now. 

I think we will smoke the lichties, but the tractor boys will be a tougher test so our tactical agility and execution will need to be much better. 

27 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

I think as the game wore on the physicality of partick thistle really did change it from football to rugby. 

We lost control of the midfield in the second half with very few outballs available.

We need to be comfortable using all our subs and changing to 4231 or 433 to regain that midfield control as our players are very flexible now. 

I think we will smoke the lichties, but the tractor boys will be a tougher test so our tactical agility and execution will need to be much better. 

I Googled 'Tractor Boy' and all it came up with was some previously obscure and recently resigned Conservative MP...

• Funny 2

Poor excuse for some dodgy online activity, everyone knows that Ipswich Town FC are the tractor boys...

Has there been any official (or otherwise) attendance fugures for friday yet? This seems to be conveniently missing from all the reports.

12 minutes ago, Satan said:

Poor excuse for some dodgy online activity, everyone knows that Ipswich Town FC are the tractor boys...

Has there been any official (or otherwise) attendance fugures for friday yet? This seems to be conveniently missing from all the reports.

They might be trying to hide the actual attendance and quote a smaller figure to the SPFL when we pay them 50 percent 😏

18 minutes ago, Satan said:

2470 according to the BBC Sport app. Felt like more than that to me. 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

It was surely nudging 3,000 despite the disappointing away support.

That would be about right minus 500 using the old cup tie counting 🤣

• tm4tj unpinned this topic

Looked about right to me from the TV pictures.  I was expecting more away fans, but also it was pretty patchy in the Main and North stands.  Remember too that the league attendances are always boosted by counting ST holders whether they attend or not because they are deemed to have bought a ticket for the game.  Hopefully over the 3000 tonight.