Partick Thistle -V- Inverness CT - Play Off 2nd Leg - Preview

tm4tj

I thought that Partick were going to maim half our team.  At one point nearly every challenge was dangerous.  Took the ref a long time to find his yellow card.

And that was a penalty against Chalmers.  Replay from behind the goal clearly shows the defender pushing Chalmers away with his arm, having tripped him up - and also a very guilty reaction straight afterwards.

Very impressed by the way Chalmers has come on lately.  He's putting in a lot of work up and down that left side.

1 minute ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

I thought that Partick were going to maim half our team.  At one point nearly every challenge was dangerous.  Took the ref a long time to find his yellow card.

And that was a penalty against Chalmers.  Replay from behind the goal clearly shows the defender pushing Chalmers away with his arm, having tripped him up - and also a very guilty reaction straight afterwards.

Very impressed by the way Chalmers has come on lately.  He's putting in a lot of work up and down that left side.

The Ref will not be getting top marks this week :wink:

Was worried at 1-0 but we came back and deservedly won. Sutherland definitely MOM for his goal and tremendous assist.

We now need to finish the job on Friday.

The worry for me was some slackness at the back. A couple of issues in the first half but how we got away with Carson’s error I don’t know.

None of that matters as we won and are in pole position. Credit to them all, particularly after losing Walsh so early.

And great to hear the noisy travelling fans.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Great win, and ,on balance deserved.  That second goal was good enough to win any match.  My worry for the remaining matches is that we won't have enough fit players.  Several took nasty looking knocks tonight.  But well done to everyone, they played with heart and quite a bit of skill tonight.  Just have to cut out the silly mistakes (Carson, take note).

• Agree 4

I am so glad we won that.

A pitch that was a disgrace, and a danger to both teams.  A cynical team committing foul after foul.  A referee who let them off with so much.  Two self-entitled prima donnas in Graham and Tiffoney.  And BBC Shortbread's biased commentators.

Ah well, at least there will be a decent pitch on Friday.  Do we have the same officials, or different ones?

• Agree 2

Great attitude to turn the game around with a goal and a superb assist from the Player's Player of the Year who, on that form, would hold his own in the Premiership next season.

The injury to Walsh is a concern as is the non appearance of McGregor in the squad. Hopefully both will be available again soon if not in time for the second leg.

What wonderful backing from the 'twelfth man (and woman) who outsang the home fans even when we were behind.

No room for complacency, the job is only half done, but that was a big step towards the next round.

An equally commited team backed by a large and vocal crowd now has every chance of completing the job on Friday evening. Can hardly wait.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, standbydave said:

Not to dampen the mood of any Inverness fans, but a courteous reminder that away goals do not count. Still, you'd take 2-1 wouldn't you?   Trust the good old BBC to put this online match comment

Away goals don't count, does that mean it's actually 1-0 to Partick ?....

• Funny 1

5 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

I am so glad we won that.

A pitch that was a disgrace, and a danger to both teams.  A cynical team committing foul after foul.  A referee who let them off with so much.  Two self-entitled prima donnas in Graham and Tiffoney.  And BBC Shortbread's biased commentators.

Ah well, at least there will be a decent pitch on Friday.  

Totally agree they are a dirty side with a whingeing manager, we have to stuff them on Friday night!

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Terrific game with Caley playing some nice football and what a goal that second was.The pass from Sutherland was sublime.

They were dirty players (Partick) and it looked like they were told to be hacking our players down.

What a miss by Alegeria or similar name.

Well done ICT support at the game.Lets finish it off Friday

• Agree 2

Amazing result, I would have taken a 1-1 at the start of the game, so coming away with a victory is terrific. We must now get our tactics right on the next game, and not defend from our 18 yard box for the majority of the match. Sutherland has certainly grabbed his second bite at the cherry at ICT and goes from strength to strength. Well done to all the team and travelling support.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Excellent result with a superb 2nd goal.  It was a great pass from Hardy for Sutherland to run onto in space and his cross was inch perfect.  Samuels then did really well to get on the end of it. 

Hope we don't carry too many injuries into Friday's game.  For a while in the first half I thought Dougal Sim might end up as MOTM.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Excellent result with a superb 2nd goal.  It was a great pass from Hardy for Sutherland to run onto in space and his cross was inch perfect.  Samuels then did really well to get on the end of it. 

Hope we don't carry too many injuries into Friday's game.  For a while in the first half I thought Dougal Sim might end up as MOTM.

I say, I agree. Great win, but concerned for Friday night if we are looking like going through Partick will put the boot in with Brian Graham leading the thuggery!!

• Well Said 1

• tm4tj changed the title to Partick Thistle -V- Inverness CT - Play Off 2nd Leg - Preview
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic