Memorial Wall

Kingsmills

The sad recent passing of Stewart Anderson has got me thinking about the many characters who set out on this epic journey with us the best part of 3 decades ago who are no longer with us perhaps other than in spirit and fond memory.

I wonder whether it might be appropriate to create a memorial wall either within the stadium or on the concorse to remember them  subject of course to the consent of their families and those closest to them.

As the years pass it is inevitable that more will pass including former players, coaches and directors as well as well kent faces and voices among the crowd.

Would it not be fitting to mark their association with the club in some dignified and permanent manner?

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

There's a wall outside one of the entrances to the main stand which has some named bricks with former fans. Not exactly a memorial wall but serves as a similar function to some supporters I guess.

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

The sad recent passing of Stewart Anderson has got me thinking about the many characters who set out on this epic journey with us the best part of 3 decades ago who are no longer with us perhaps other than in spirit and fond memory.

I wonder whether it might be appropriate to create a memorial wall either within the stadium or on the concorse to remember them  subject of course to the consent of their families and those closest to them.

As the years pass it is inevitable that more will pass including former players, coaches and directors as well as well kent faces and voices among the crowd.

Would it not be fitting to mark their association with the club in some dignified and permanent manner?

I totally agree. Would be happy to join in with other interested parties to bring this forward. 

• Like 1

An area recognised as being for memorialising those no longer with us would be a great idea. Sadly I can think of many people who would be on that memorial wall, both from club and fanbase.