Premier Sports Cup 2022/23

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

Great to see the new format. I was getting heartily sick of being beaten by Hearts at Tynecastle.

Would be great to to make more progress in one of the major cup competitions than we seem to have in recent years.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

So when do the lads have to report for pre-season training?  It's not much of a break for them and even less for the management team.

We may well use the group stage matches as our pre-season matches again.

I hope not, though, as it would be good to get through the group stages this time round.

• Agree 4

4 hours ago, RiG said:

If previous years are anything to go by apparently we would have Cove and Albion Rovers at home with Livingston and Kelty Hearts away.

Boy from Bonnyrigg committee seems to know their game v Hibs is at home if that helps.

Obvs Kelty is a novelty for us but Livi... 💩 ...Albion Rovers would have been better.

Edited by TheMantis

I would imagine fixtures would be announced tomorrow so hopefully Premier sports pick up one of our matches as it would be good to see how our new signings or, if still allowed, trialists get on.

Kelty and Cove would be good to get at home as they are tough to beat at their grounds, Albion and Livi would be OK either venue but hopefully we don't underestimate Albion.

Quietly optimistic of getting out the group stages for the first time in years.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Naelifts said:

Albion Rovers . I can handle that. The last time I was there was on, or the day afer 9/11. There was only one terracing topic.

That was my last visit too. Heard the awful news whilst travelling up on the train.

7 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

I would imagine fixtures would be announced tomorrow so hopefully Premier sports pick up one of our matches as it would be good to see how our new signings or, if still allowed, trialists get on.

The best way to see how any new signings are doing will be to go to the games rather than watch them on TV. Especially if they are at home. The club needs your money more than another sports channel.

I'd expect Premier Sports to pick up a Hibs game or two but looking at the other groups there aren't many enticing looking games for TV so perhaps a Livingston v ICT pick is feasible.

• Agree 1

I can’t really blame Premier for ignoring this group, it’s not exactly appealing to the neutral and the combined support for all 5 teams is only a few thousand so hardly an opportunity to boost subscriber numbers.

12 hours ago, Yngwie said:

I can’t really blame Premier for ignoring this group, it’s not exactly appealing to the neutral and the combined support for all 5 teams is only a few thousand so hardly an opportunity to boost subscriber numbers.

Their viewing numbers for some of these League Cup games sometimes struggle to get into 5 figures.

I don’t fancy our chances in this group, particularly as we tend to use it to get players fit for the league campaign.

Cove and Kelty both won their leagues, so will fancy their chances against us, whilst Livingston will start as clear favourites.

We will need three 90 minute wins and, probably, a draw to qualify which I think is a tall order.

I hope I am wrong but we will see in a few weeks. 

Edited by Robert
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

I don’t fancy our chances in this group, particularly as we tend to use it to get players fit for the league campaign.

Cove and Kelty both won their leagues, so will fancy their chances against us, whilst Livingston will start as clear favourites.

We will need three 90 minute wins and, probably, a draw to qualify which I think is a tall order.

I hope I am wrong but we will see in a few weeks. 

I will be more upset than ever if we end up yet again being beaten in the group stage by a Hearts team.