Inverness CT -V- Arbroath - Play Off - Previews

tm4tj

We need to get a hold of midfield, and if that means five in the middle, so be it. The team also continue to use the long punt forward, just for the opposition centre backs to win the ball, and start another attack. I don't see Dodds screaming at the team to stop it, so he must be happy with it. All our best moves and chances were created by passing the ball on the deck, that's were we will win this game in my opinion, get hold of the midfield and feed the attacker. I really think we can win this, but not with the futile long punt.

• Agree 3

Agree with a lot of the suggestions on here. Arbroath are very good at stifling the game, we need to address that by strengthening our midfield which is outnumbered. The result is our attackers are starved of service and become wasted a lot of the time. I would drop Mackay to the bench, bring on Allardice if he is fit, and get the balls to the attackers from midfield through the lines to Samuels and Chalmers. We have to freshen up and bring something different to the table. We have the players to do it, and there won't be many goals in this game, so those moments of guile and inspiration can be crucial to turning the game. Give them something to think about.

• Agree 2

Checked the Met Office forecast for the Arbroath area. They're suggesting gusts in the upper twenties still in the early evening which will be even stronger at Gayfield. The wind's often a factor there. Keep it on the deck!

3 hours ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Checked the Met Office forecast for the Arbroath area. They're suggesting gusts in the upper twenties still in the early evening which will be even stronger at Gayfield. The wind's often a factor there. Keep it on the deck!

I say, that's me in Arbroath. Rather windy here. My Haggis flock would not like this. I hope Kingmills has weights in his tutu or he won't see much of the match. Eh what? 🧐 

Willie Collum!   :hiding02:

Probably the strongest team we could put out.   Understandable that Mckay is dropped, since he didn't get much out of Arbroath on Tuesday.   I suspect he will come on when Doran runs out of steam.  Sutherland, Chalmers and Samuels are all capable of banging them in.  McAlear too.

I have a horrible feeling that it will all come down to penalties.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Probably the strongest team we could put out.   Understandable that Mckay is dropped, since he didn't get much out of Arbroath on Tuesday.   I suspect he will come on when Doran runs out of steam.  Sutherland, Chalmers and Samuels are all capable of banging them in.  McAlear too.

It will be the Willie Collum show!

I wonder is No Shin Guards found Mantis with his smokies tucked under his arm :lol:

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

I’ll take penalties right now!

1 minute ago, Moogthurso said:

This pitch is awful. 

Passes have to be lifted not stroked. 

Change to a little bit more direct caley that ball is sticking.

It's hard to play direct when the ball keeps getting blown back towards our goal. Keep it tight first half then go for it second half when we have the wind in our favour.

Surely the objective was not to lose a goal. Thankfully Arbroath were WORSE at punting than we have been. But there are times when hoofing is the only option in such defensive conditions. This is our chance to show that we can play with the wind and that will be about passing, using the width and getting shots on target. 

2 minutes ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Surely the objective was not to lose a goal. Thankfully Arbroath were WORSE at punting than we have been. But there are times when hoofing is the only option in such defensive conditions. This is our chance to show that we can play with the wind and that will be about passing, using the width and getting shots on target. 

Fair enough...  its a carbon copy of Tuesday night.   Arbroath working their asses off to stop us playing.  

We will come into this game, I hope Billy gets on and scores a winner.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic