Inverness CT -V- St Johnstone - Premiership Play-Off

tm4tj

Had to listen to the radio commentary (thank you BBC!) while working so looking forward to seeing the 2nd leg on the telly. No matter what the outcome on Monday night I couldn’t be prouder to be a CaleyJags fan at the moment.
Following that drastic spell in the season when everything seemed to be going so wrong the turnaround in the latter stages of the regular season and the sheer effort expended throughout the playoffs has been quite exceptional. Billy Dodds does indeed merit great plaudits for this (extremely impressed with his post match interview admitting he got the initial tactics wrong) but it is obviously a tremendous effort from everyone at the club. The passion, guts and determination shown in the face of adversity has been outstanding. Well done all you’ve done yourselves proud, just one final push on Monday and you’ll do it - thanks for the ride :twothumbsup: :clapoverhead:  

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

Anyone with advice on parking at Perth? Not been at their ground since the road layout changed with the new junction off the A9 so not sure what the best area to head to is.

Thanks. 

Edited by Robert

2 hours ago, Robert said:

Anyone with advice on parking at Perth? Not been at their ground since the road layout changed with the new junction off the A9 so not sure what the best area to head to is.

Thanks. 

Depending on your pre match plans (i.e. if you have none) you could park at The Glover Arms which is about a 15 minute walk from the ground and this will allow you a quick exit back onto the A9 after the game.

You would need to come off at the new junction, go around the back of the ground and crematorium and then head out on the Crieff Road for a little bit.

Edited by RiG
  • Thank You 2

I've watched the McAlear goal back about 50 times already sine last night. There have been plenty of stunning goals at TCS over the season but right now I am struggling to think of many better free kicks scored by ICT than McAlears sumptuous top bin effort yesterday evening. Can anyone remind me of any I might be missing?

• Well Said 1

3 hours ago, RiG said:

I've watched the McAlear goal back about 50 times already sine last night. There have been plenty of stunning goals at TCS over the season but right now I am struggling to think of many better free kicks scored by ICT than McAlears sumptuous top bin effort yesterday evening. Can anyone remind me of any I might be missing?

Lightweight! I'm on my 2371 viewing 🥴

• Funny 2

Calum Davidson will be drilling into his team on Monday, ' don't concede any free kicks near the penalty box', they now know that we have a very effective weapon in the form of Reece Mcalear. That will give the St Johnstone defence something to think about, and with that, and the pace and ability of Chalmers and Samuels, an extra threat that was missing in the first half on Friday. I sadly won't be able to make the game on Monday, and hope to catch it on tv, but I'm getting excited about it already, it's one of the biggest games in our history. 

I’m really looking forward to tomorrow’s game.

We are the underdogs but, if we play the whole game how we played the last half hour on Friday, we have a chance.

How fit Allardice is may be key. If we can get an hour (or more) from him, I’d play him from the start so he can impose himself and our midfield in the game.

When he tires, I’d move Carson into midfield and bring Duffy in at right back.

Therefore, Devine for Harper, with Deas moving to left back, is the only change I’d make to the team that finished the game on Friday.

Chalmers and Samuels providing the width and supporting Mckay, with McAlear also getting forward in support worked on Friday and it can work again.

Come on Caley Thistle, make it a night to remember!

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Donald1973 said:

Any idea how many fans are going? I was looking at the allocation and it looks like A and B is sold out as is C and D is 25% that would suggest north of 2000

I bought mine today and am in D.

The way I read it, they have only opened up D for us so far:

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/travelling-support/?ftredirect=1

Edited by Robert
  • Thank You 1

It seems that we are going to have a big support, I am not able to go to Perth tomorrow night so will be watching the game on TV.

To all fans going to the game enjoy the great occasion and I hope the team put on a good performance and beat the Saints!

• tm4tj unpinned this topic