Inverness CT -V- St Johnstone - Premiership Play-Off

tm4tj

As Bob the builder would say 'can we fix it ?' YES WE CAN !    Joe Hardy does resemble Bob so maybe it's his night and it's a night for stretching the imagination as well as the sinews. I am sure that every player going on tonight will try their best and may the force be with them. These two games are now the season defining moments. This is the first seize the day moment and a chance to get a foothold in the tie. I wish them all the best and will be there to support. Seek and ye shall find as the planet's align once more to the tune of as super caley go ballistic. The last sentence is by my mate murdo the mystic; go figure 😃

Apparently we can get this in Canada through the Paramount+ channel or app ... $5.99 a month but a 7 day free trial when you sign up ... not sure why they would have sport when its ostensibly a movie channel but lets hope for a good thriller, few comedy moments, and of course a happy ending in this one and in the sequel next week 🙂

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Apparently we can get this in Canada through the Paramount+ channel or app ... $5.99 a month but a 7 day free trial when you sign up ... not sure why they would have sport when its ostensibly a movie channel but lets hope for a good thriller, few comedy moments, and of course a happy ending in this one and in the sequel next week 🙂

or not 😞  USA only it would appear. 

logged in on my Canadian IP address and trial account and going to the page they show in their FAQ

2022-05-20_9-17-50.jpg

going back to the same page not logged in but using work VPN which is US based ... I see it advertised but 

image.png

6 minutes ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

https://protonvpn.com/

The free version includes a connection via the US.

Thanks - but in this case it wont help. My work VPN actually shows us as in California so when I turn it off I can login in Canada from my home connection, login to paramount+ and see basically just on demand stuff available in Canada, no live streaming. When I turn the VPN on, it wont let me logon. Appears that Paramount+ Canada and USA have different login systems even though the URL is exactly the same. Also cant use a USA address and a Canadian Credit Card to signup for USA trial ... and as I am supposed to be working, cant devote too much time to it 😞 

Apparently my only option today is to watch Real Madrid play Real Betis ! 

Scotty, if you can find a VPN which makes it appear as though you are in the UK, you could use the NOW TV one-day pass mentioned earlier.  (The free version of ProtonVPN only gives you US, Japan and Netherlands.)

I have just registered and paid - using PayPal, not a credit card - and it works a treat.  Now trying NOT to spend the rest of the day watching the US PGA golf!

16 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Got the covid atm so watching it this way. No sign of any £5.99 offer though 😜

It's still there, at the link above.   You may have to clear cookies from NOW TV and Sky TV to see it, though.   Because I had registered earlier, they weren't showing it to me just now until I cleared the appropriate cookies.

Hope you get through the covid OK!

23 hours ago, Naelifts said:

Whats the parking like at Longman these days. Havent been up for a couple of years. Can you still park up on the pavement across the road? the dump?

"a couple of years" 😂😂😂

7 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

Me neither, but I am going to give this a go later today - https://www.nowtv.com/watch-sky-sports-online#ib-section-section-2 

£5.99 for 24 hours of Sky Sports.  That offer ends today, and the usual price is £11.99, so Monday's game could be more expensive.

Obviously you need reasonable broadband.   Your TV may have the NOW TV app - if not, you can download their player for Windows PC or for Mac - https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now and look under "Laptops and computers".

Got the covid atm so watching it this way. No sign of any £5.99 offer though 😜

1 minute ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

It's still there, at the link above.   You may have to clear cookies from NOW TV and Sky TV to see it, though.   Because I had registered earlier, they weren't showing it to me just now until I cleared the appropriate cookies.

Hope you get through the covid OK!

It's OK, I had already paid for the day pass. I already had Now TV on my iPad so it probably applied to new registrations. Signed up with the Mrs email address but never saw any £5.99 offer. No biggie.

Strachan?  Sorry, doesn't ring any bells with me.

I'd have Chalmers and/or Samuels on the field before Hardy, but maybe Dodds is thinking that it's two legs.   As long as he doesn't wait too long to change things if they are going badly.

Best of luck, lads! 

Edited by snorbens_caleyman

1 hour ago, standbydave said:

Need a massive team talk at half-time. 3-5-2 is not us

Think the team talk was a good one !

I didnt get to see first half as the source I got was showing PGA Golf ... but found another feed and have been able to watch second half. Sounds like first half was bad but we are definitely not outclassed during this 45. Great build-up play for the first goal and nice finish from McAlear but holy **** what a sublime free-kick for his second. That was in the proverbial postage stamp. World class placement if he meant it. 

... and with Devine and Duffy available for the next leg, therefore strengthening our defence, signs are positive that we can get this done ! 

17 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Think the team talk was a good one !

I didnt get to see first half as the source I got was showing PGA Golf ... but found another feed and have been able to watch second half. Sounds like first half was bad but we are definitely not outclassed during this 45. Great build-up play for the first goal and nice finish from McAlear but holy **** what a sublime free-kick for his second. That was in the proverbial postage stamp. World class placement if he meant it. 

We were worse than worse! Didn’t get a touch inside StJs 18 yard box and 0 attempts at goal.  

2 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

I'd have Chalmers and/or Samuels on the field before Hardy, but maybe Dodds is thinking that it's two legs.   As long as he doesn't wait too long to change things if they are going badly.

Whatever happened to that other guy who reckoned he was a seer? :lol:

I actually said at half-time that Dodds should take off Doran and Hardy and put on Samuels and Chalmers, on either side of McKay.

Play them from the start on Monday, score an early goal, and then we'll see if St Johnstone have any spirit in them.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic