Our Biggest Game Ever?

Kingsmills

As a football fan for over half a century I have been witness to some big and memorable matches including watching the wonderful Inverness Thistle team of the early 1970s secure consecutive Highland League titles, watching Scotland beat czechslovakia in fron of over a hundred thousand at Hampden to secure World Cup qualification, watching Scotland beat England at Wembley, seeing the Jaggies beat Kilmarnock 3-0 in the Scottish Cup to secure a trip to Parkhead which ultimately did not end well despite a 16 year old Les Fridge performing wonders in goal but was still a great day out compared to our usual away days to the likes of Rothes and Lossiemouth.

Then, post merger, watching us beating Arbroath in our very first league game at Telford Street which still felt a bit alien to this old Jaggie. Watching us giving Rangers, whatever became of them? packed with world class players like Laudrup and Gascoigne a good run for their money in our 'home' Scottish Cup quater final at Tannadice. Watching us coming back from 0-3 down at half time to win 4-3 in another Scottish Cup tie against Ayr United in typical Steve Paterson style.

Then, being present when we beat tomorrow's opponents to, after a court battle, secure our first ever promotion to the top tier. The anticipation followed by dejection of our League Cup final at Parkhead, the anticipation followed by by elation of our Scottish Cup triumph at Hampden.

Sadly for me, I missed both legs of our only European tie to date due to holidays commitments entered into by Mrs Kingsmills over a year before.

However, even if I had made those matches, I still think that tomorrow's game in Perth will be the single most important game witnessed in my life.

I think it will be our greatest achievement if we can do it? Considering where this team were on that long unbeaten run it's amazing theyve found belief and resiliance to get us here. 

And no it doesn't matter how pretty the football is in these play offs. Its just get the right result by whatever means.....

• Agree 2

In my view, the only other candidate for our most important game ever is the 'Supercaleygoballistic' game at Parkhead.

Not because of the performance or result which were amazing but because I still think that might just have saved us not just from administration but from liqidation with no pathway being offered back to us unlike when Rangers went out of business.

Our debts at the time were horrendous and completely unmanageable and I don't think our share of the gate receipts from Celic Park alone would have been enough to save us.

The additional income from those 2 televised games against Aberdeen made all the difference and bought us the time, along with David Sutherland's business acumen, to put together a survival plan.

I think our most important game ever was the Scottish Cup Final.  Followed by the League Cup Final.  Two national finals of competitions open to all league clubs (and more, of course, for the Scottish Cup).

I, too, was thinking of the Celtic game. Not because of the financial aspect, of which I wasn't really aware, but because it really put the club, and Inverness, on the map.  Even down in SE England.  My mates knew that I supported some obscure team from beyond the Arctic Circle - all of a sudden they knew where Inverness was, and they followed the team's results after that.

But tomorrow's match is obviously one of the most important ever - top ten, possibly top five.

• Agree 3