Will We Be Promoted?

Kingsmills

Will We Be promoted?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Up or Staying Down?

I think we could but I can’t yet bring myself to believe that we actually will. If both teams play their best I think the premier side will have a bit too much quality. It might depend though on what they have learnt from the 2nd half on Friday and how they change tactics.

1 hour ago, Naelifts said:

With the events since New Year and in particular the last 2 games there must be a movie in the offing. Is it written in the stars? One thing is for sure......its bloody exciting.

Bloody exciting and bloody nerve Wracking.....

• Well Said 1

6 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Simple question. Come 10 o'clock tomorrow evening willwe be back in the Premiership?

Probably will still be 10 each in penalty kicks at that time but by half past I’d say we have a 50-50 chance!

Just out of curiosity, how much would we gain for promotion, would it be enough to entice Reece with a good contract offer :ictscarf:?

I found the Premiership prize money but couldn't find anything for the Championship. 

2 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Just out of curiosity, how much would we gain for promotion, would it be enough to entice Reece with a good contract offer :ictscarf:?

I found the Premiership prize money but couldn't find anything for the Championship. 

Taking into account increased prize money, gate receipts and commercial income, we will be well over a million pounds better off than in the Championship although obviously our outgoings, particularly wages, would also be greater and, even if we were immediately relegated we would have the benefit of the parachute payment.

• Like 1

We have to take the game to St Johnstone, we were far too passive on Friday night, which lead to Rooney having the whole right wing to himself. We need to make him think about defending first and foremost, and that means having Chalmers and his pace occupying his time. Samuels on the other wing caused all sorts of problem for them and made them play far nearer their goal than they would have liked. If we can cut out the long aimless punts up the park, and keep the ball on the deck with short quick passes, we have a chance. As it's been said, Robbie Deas likes to get at least one goal a season, and he hasn't scored yet, so this would be the ideal time to open his account. And, of course we have the Reece factor, they won't want to give away free kicks in shooting range. I do believe that all the pressure is on St Johnstone, as no one believes that a third placed team can go up.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 3

I would also like us to take the game to St Johnstone from the first whistle. I just fear that we might take the mentality to sit back and try to get them to half time 0-0 before mounting any sort of offense which could be disastrous considering how dangerous St Johnstone were in the 1st half. Hopefully look to counter more with Samuel's and Chalmers more than capable of inflicting damage to them and with Devine back hopefully be more comfortable at the back. Although I sound negative in this post I believe we have enough to get the job done. I'm super excited and can't wait to travel down this afternoon. 

• Agree 3

17 hours ago, CaleyHedgehog said:

I'm feeling luckier with every passing hour.

I put the radio on earlier and Titanium was playing which i always consider to be a lucky anthem for us. I believe.

Still feeling positive.

I was in a classroom today and 'Titanium' was being used as part of a musical English Comprehension lesson in P6.

It is our time - I believe.

• Like 2

Congratulations to Wngwie for having the only correct answer in the poll. His reward in the opportunity to watch Cove Rangers next season on four occasions.

As for the over optimistic rest of us, our consolation prize is the opportunity to watch Cove Rangers on four occasions next season.

• Funny 2