Young ICT Fans - Section 94

IBM

There is a good article in the P&J about the club working with the Section 94 young supporters.  They are our supporters for the future and I hope to see many more next season.

Young fans taking pride in Caley Thistle after open door talks, says ICT chief Scot Gardiner dlvr.it/SRK9py

ICT chief: Young fans taking pride in Caley Thistle after open door talks (pressandjournal.co.uk)

• Well Said 3

It's really good to see these young lads getting behind ICT. Also pleasing to see they haven't been brainwashed in following a couple of teams from Glasgow. Well done lads.

• Agree 1

Great to see these youngsters support their local team with such passion and enthusiasm.

Pleased to see the club engaging positively with them.

I realise that money is tight but surely one positive step would be to improve their facilities with the West Stand getting a bit of a tidy up and preferably a roof which would both keep them dry and and channel more of the atmosphere they create onto the pitch rather than disappearing into the sky.

I know that I have been critical of the actions of one or two individuals but the vast majority of our young crew have been a great credit both to the club and themselves.

It would be good also if efforts could be made to make more girls and young women feel more welcome to join the crew.

These are are our future long after us sweetie rustlers have departed the scene.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Kingsmills said:

Great to see these youngsters support their local team with such passion and enthusiasm.

Pleased to see the club engaging positively with them.

I realise that money is tight but surely one positive step would be to improve their facilities with the West Stand getting a bit of a tidy up and preferably a roof which would both keep them dry and and channel more of the atmosphere they create onto the pitch rather than disappearing into the sky.

I know that I have been critical of the actions of one or two individuals but the vast majority of our young crew have been a great credit both to the club and themselves.

It would be good also if efforts could be made to make more girls and young women feel more welcome to join the crew.

These are are our future long after us sweetie rustlers have departed the scene.

Agree it is good to see the club engage with them. From experience at Toronto FC I can say that this works for both parties when both sides are engaged. If one side disengages then that's when problems begin. There will always be numpties (on both sides) but provided the requests from both sides are sensible and rules are understood and followed, and any problems are discussed rationally, then it can work really well. 

The question about the roof was addressed in the interview with CEO. With the concerts going on at the stadium over the summer, and the stage being in that area, the cost to add, remove and add back were prohibitive. Would be nice to see it happen though once concert season is over and whether or not the design of the roof or indeed the placement of the stage could take account of occasional concerts. 

• Like 1

Not sure the concert excuse stacks up.  There's a high wall to the rear and side of the west stand, so the stage already has to be built higher than a roof would need to be.  A roof could also be added slightly further along, closer to the North Stand and away from where the stage is erected.