New ICT Away Strip for 2022

RiG

For some reason I am getting caught up on the use of the word 'bespoke'. Its not bespoke, its off-the-rack, which is the complete opposite. How many people throw that word around to make things sound pretentious and don't bother realising that, when referring to clothes, it means custom tailored, hand made, or at the far end of the definition ...made-to-measure even if those measurements are then entered into a machine to cut the fabric . Cant see anyone tailoring the shirts on the rack for each buyer so its just a shirt! 

Ok, rant over - as for the shirt itself, kinda like it, even as a Dalneigh boy who went to Telford Street. 

We were the self-titled Barcelona of the North with the red/blue one, now we are also AC Milan .. so Lionel Messi and Zlatan Ibrahimovich in the next mashup photos of the kit please. Could sell thousands of them online. :lol: 

Now to hope they fixed the wording on the production version of the new home top ...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Scotty said:

For some reason I am getting caught up on the use of the word 'bespoke'. Its not bespoke, its off-the-rack, which is the complete opposite. How many people throw that word around to make things sound pretentious and don't bother realising that, when referring to clothes, it means custom tailored, hand made, or at the far end of the definition ...made-to-measure even if those measurements are then entered into a machine to cut the fabric . Cant see anyone tailoring the shirts on the rack for each buyer so its just a shirt! 

Ok, rant over - as for the shirt itself, kinda like it, even as a Dalneigh boy who went to Telford Street. We were the self-titled Barcelona of the North now we are also AC Milan .. so Lionel Messi and Zlatan Ibrahimovich in the next mashup photos of the kit. Could sell thousands of them online. :lol: 

Now to hope they fixed the wording on the production version of the new home top ...

I couldn't agree more. I worked for a bespoke tailoring firm in my late teens, and bespoke means made to measure for the client. We also had suits that were off the peg in various sizes, so unless the shirts are going to be individually made to customers sizes and specifications, they are not bespoke. 

This, for me, is the shirt that we have been wanting for such a long time. When I say we, I refer to myself and my son. I really believe that this shirt will be a big seller, and I can see it being a hit with the away support as well. Well done ICT and whoever was responsible for it.

• Agree 1

I have to agree, this should have been our away strip since the amalgamation but personally I would NEVER wear it....... even if I could get out one to fit

Edited by caleyboy

I took ‘bespoke’ to mean it is not just from the manufacturer’s catalogue of standard shirt designs, implying it’s been customised in some way at our request (and not just for the badge).

Not the colour of the strips p##h again. Nearly 30 years down the line!!

We should have from the offset go e with Purple and Silver.

Purple: Mix red and blue. You get magenta/purple.

Silver: You mix black and white you get grey. Bit dull, so go for silver. 

Anderlecht strip and others like Fiorentina look good with those colours. 

The biggest c##k up made at the time of the merger carries on. 🥱

• Well Said 1

I think it looks fine and it seems to please the Jaggies :smile: but wait for our next away strip it will be a blue top, white shorts and a hint of red and black on the socks :wink:

16 hours ago, No Shin Guards said:

Not the colour of the strips p##h again. Nearly 30 years down the line!!

We should have from the offset go e with Purple and Silver.

Purple: Mix red and blue. You get magenta/purple.

Silver: You mix black and white you get grey. Bit dull, so go for silver. 

Anderlecht strip and others like Fiorentina look good with those colours. 

The biggest c##k up made at the time of the merger carries on. 🥱

Eh what? 🧐

• Funny 5