New ICT Away Strip for 2022

RiG

3 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Surely bespoke is a very accurate description as the strips will all have to be personally made for a variety of fat,  bald, sad old Jeggie bestards. 🤣🤣

Can't do much about being bald and sad but I'm on the crunchy green stuff until this vision of footballing utopia becomes available 

A super scientific poll by The Wyness Shuffle revels that the new shirt is liked by 95% of the support! 

Disclaimer clearly not all of the ICT support.

Edited by RiG
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, RiG said:

A super scientific poll by The Wyness Shuffle revels that the new shirt is liked by 95% of the support! 

Disclaimer clearly not all of the ICT support.

Without doubt Fake fake news 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, lizi said:

No sign of the poll so likely to be fake.

What!? :laugh: 

The poll is literally in my previous post...

Poll.PNG

Edited by RiG
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Question 1. Why has it taken 28 years for ICT to even acknowledge Inverness Thistle?

Question 2. Why the sudden change in tact just seems a very cynical attempt to get the fools from up the hill back on  their plastic bandwagon?

It screams desperation to me they have finally realised that the majority of Invernessians have turned their backs on their highland football experiment they created. 

ICT was created for the incomer to Inverness while hoping the new generations would also jump aboard in time. 

Since relegation from the top flight it looks like both are also dwindling away. 

A massive own goal by the marketing department and shame on them.

Dougal

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, dougal said:

Question 1. Why has it taken 28 years for ICT to even acknowledge Inverness Thistle?

Question 2. Why the sudden change in tact just seems a very cynical attempt to get the fools from up the hill back on  their plastic bandwagon?

It screams desperation to me they have finally realised that the majority of Invernessians have turned their backs on their highland football experiment they created. 

ICT was created for the incomer to Inverness while hoping the new generations would also jump aboard in time. 

Since relegation from the top flight it looks like both are also dwindling away. 

A massive own goal by the marketing department and shame on them.

Dougal

Welcome back Dougal.You know I've never been a happy clapper although I don't agree with you all the time. Bit of a stretch to think that those people in 1994 actually had the foresight you're crediting them with. ICT for the incomers.... hmmm.

Anyhow, I think the strip has been well received on here and loads sold and worn at the games. I've been on the Inverness Thistle facebook page for a year or two but I unfollowed it yesterday. Nothing but a few bitter old men in their own echo chamber who sound like they've never been near the stadium but eager to spout their excuses for not supporting the club. By the wording of your post above I think you probably know the thread I'm talking about 😎

• Thank You 1
  • Well Said 1

Hi Mr Mantis

Thanks for the warm welcome back not going to lie I ain’t been to a game since the pandemic but I can see myself making the odd appearance this season when I can be bothered.

I agree the folk you spoke about in 1994 never had any foresight other than personal gain hell mend them, the fact that this subject still lingers on 28 years later on albeit on Facebook pages  as you put it anyway speaks volumes.

Great shame the pyramid system never came to light back then as there would have been no need for such merger/murder etc

The Inverness football fraternity have body swerved the new club from day one and continue to do so, the dwindling numbers now attending is the proof in the pudding. 

108 years of proud tradition poured down the drain to suit a minority

Caledonian Fc RIP

Moving forward they should do a Ferranti thistle/Meadowbank rebrand I suggest it’s time to lose the CT and replace with City or United

Along with different neutral coloured strips and badge changes the club has still a chance to grow but not in the current form.

Dougal

• Disagree 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Satan said:

The club is totally out of away kit in M & L sizes, obviously a good selling kit. Hopefully they can restock ASAP.

Kids sizes and S,XL,XXL still available. 😄

Probably only made half a dozen.

On 7/28/2022 at 11:48 AM, dougal said:

Hi Mr Mantis

Thanks for the warm welcome back not going to lie I ain’t been to a game since the pandemic but I can see myself making the odd appearance this season when I can be bothered.

I agree the folk you spoke about in 1994 never had any foresight other than personal gain hell mend them, the fact that this subject still lingers on 28 years later on albeit on Facebook pages  as you put it anyway speaks volumes.

Great shame the pyramid system never came to light back then as there would have been no need for such merger/murder etc

The Inverness football fraternity have body swerved the new club from day one and continue to do so, the dwindling numbers now attending is the proof in the pudding. 

108 years of proud tradition poured down the drain to suit a minority

Caledonian Fc RIP

Moving forward they should do a Ferranti thistle/Meadowbank rebrand I suggest it’s time to lose the CT and replace with City or United

Along with different neutral coloured strips and badge changes the club has still a chance to grow but not in the current form.

Dougal

Absolute bollocks as are most of your posts,  and I know I shouldn't bite. Both clubs were dying on their feet at the time of the merger and the "locals"  weren't exactly rushing in their hordes to attend matches.  I know plenty people who previously went to Caley and Thistle matches and now support ICT.  I myself was a season ticket holder at Thistle  and gave probably missed no more than 20 home ICT matches since formed. 

If you're so bitter about the demise of Caley,  find a forum that will listen to your nonsense as it shouldn't be this one. 

• Disagree 1
  • Well Said 1
  • Facepalm 1

I was a season ticket holder at Inverness Thistle, and went to every home and away game, when work allowed. I never wanted the merger, I would have happily stayed in the Highland League, and I have yet to speak to any Thistle or Caley fan who did, and I remember an interview which I think was on STV when they interviewed David Sutherland, and they asked him about the opposition from both sets of fans to the merger, and his response was something along the lines of, if they don't want to come, we'll get new supporters! That was the wrong tact to take, he needed to do all he could to take the fans along with the new club, not alienate them. I have been a season ticket holder at ICT since around 2010, as I could only go to certain games due to shift work. It has been hard for a Jaggie over the years to hear the crowd shout Caley all the time, and with the criticism from some quarters to the new away strip, take a wee look back to the first few home strips, and see how much red were in them. I was, and still am of the opinion that the club should have changed it's name and colours, mix blue and red and you get purple, not many teams play in that colour, and I posted on here before that I read a letter in the courier at the time, that someone suggested that you take the CA from Caley, and the STLE from Thistle to form Castle, Inverness Castle FC. A lot of teams, as someone pointed out, change their names, but I believe that there would be too much opposition to that.

• Like 2

Take the Inverness from Inverness Thistle FC and combine it with the Caledonian from Caledonian FC.

Apparently the club's constitution still says that no more than the 25% of the main playing colours should be red & black and it's about time the club were forced to stick to their own rules!

*this is not a serious post*

• Well Said 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I am fortunate that I am both an outsider [in the trueist sense] and a post-merger person, as I can see for some, the merger still leaves a bitter taste, which makes me a little sad, but football traditions being the way they are it's not for me to comment [or if I do I have to be very diplomatic]

For an Englishman living in South London with no connections whatsoever, it's hard for almost anyone to understand why I do support Caley Thistle, but strangely the Red n Blue colours certainly swayed it [given my Palace links].

Personally I like the new away shirt and I love the nod to the past....but then I also loved the pink shirt!

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1