17. Trialist
19. Matthew Strachan
20. Calum MacKay
24. Austin Samuels 
27. Alasdair Riddle
30. Steven Boyd
32. Ethan Cairns
33. Lewis Nicolson

Billy Mckay and Nathan Shaw inside first 20 mins give ICT early advantage. 

Full Time 0-10

Scorers: Mckay (13, 31) Shaw (18) Harper (32) Thompson (36) Doran (39) Samuels (47 pen) Cairns (55) Boyd (73) MacGregor (77)

8 minutes ago, Robert said:

The goals keep coming: when did we last score 10 in a friendly?

Deveronvale 2 ICT 10 20 July 2004 maybe?. I was there.

13 minutes ago, Robert said:

Full time. 10-0.

Seems like a good workout and shooting practice, but it will be good to hear from anyone who was at the match. 

I heard from someone at the game that Clach were sh...erm....'not very good' Still, scoring 10 in any game has to be good.....doesn't it? Nice one ICT.

Pretty good stuff. Thought the second half might lull after going 6-0 at half time but the youngsters who came on brought new pace and enthusiasm. Some real talent in there. Trialist  looked decent - Zak Delaney (?). Thought the boy from Alloa looked pretty sharp as well. McKay looked good as well. Couple of big lads there too! Great to see the possession the young lads kept. 
just good to be back out again!

Edited by FrontRow
Spelling
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, FrontRow said:

Pretty good stuff. Thought the second half might lull after going 6-0 at half time but the youngsters who came on brought new pace and enthusiasm. Some real talent in there. Trialist  looked decent - Zak Delaney (?). Thought the boy from Alloa looked pretty sharp as well. McKay looked good as well. Couple of big lads there too! Great to see the possession the young lads kept. 
just good to be back out again!

Yeah I'm pretty sure the trialist was Zak Delaney. He did fine but played centre half which seems a position we are well covered in, especially with Max Ram signing. It's full backs we need to recruit.

13 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

A useful very gentle workout to shake off the cobwebs but does anyone know whether any of the Clach team had actually met each other before last night?

Yes, Clach were out of sorts for most of the game, but perhaps more due to the gulf in fitness and skill on our part. I thought all our young players did very well including the new signings. Lewis Nicholson put in a great shift at left back and with his support play in the second half. I think he's a better option than Cammy Harper, so please don't send him out on loan again Mr Dodds. No sign of Max Ram though. Hopefully he'll get a game against Brora.

12 hours ago, Row S said:

Lewis Nicholson put in a great shift at left back and with his support play in the second half. I think he's a better option than Cammy Harper, so please don't send him out on loan again Mr Dodds.

I was impressed with Nicolson when he came off the bench a few times after Christmas before being sent out on loan again so I agree he should be part of our first team squad this season.

Ross Tokely has spoken highly of him which is a good sign.

Harper seems to be seen in a further forward wide role now so there could be opportunities for both of them.