Its not only the ICT games that are poorly attended

SMEE

I saw footage of the Duran Duran gig, from last night. The whole South stand was empty, and there were big gaps in the seating on the pitch. Didnt see how full the main stand or North stand were tho. Such a shame. But, i cant help think the ambitious pricing structure was to blame. Many tickets on the pitch were costing over £100.......with a high number costing £138, including the booking fee. £138 to see a band who were big 40 years ago? That is crazy!! Did i read on here that it was a Part of the ICTFC set up, that put on these gigs?

Yes, they established a subsidiary company to run them.

I heard only half the tickets had been sold for Duran Duran, but not sure how true that is.

I’ve no idea if Friday had a bigger crowd at Andrea Bocelli: hopefully.

The timing of the events may have been an issue with events at the Bught last night (Skippinish) and tonight (Texas), and wish the inflation issues many would decide which, if any, if these they wanted to attend. 

I like to see every event in Inverness to be a success. As you say, maybe the fact there were other events on this weekend, impacted on the Duran Duran attendance, in particular.
But yeah, I think you might well be right about only half the tickets being sold for the DD gig. The footage i saw, supports that. Maybe even less than half?

I would have gone along, had it not been for the high ticket prices. 

The poor attendance confirms why the CEO, when asked by TWS podcast if the gigs would generate funds for the club, could only say “potentially”. In other words, more tickets needed to be sold.

Was at Duran Duran last night. Amazing night. I'm told Friday had double the numbers but also double the problems. I think sales were affected by pricing and lack of accommodation this weekend? Still a fair few in attendance then and bar and merchandise tills ringing merrily. Would think Friday was the big money earner with DD a bonus? 

However did have a great time with none of Fridays reported problems. 

I feel bad for Duran Duran. They deserved better. Im surprised so many events got given the go ahead this weekend, in such a small city. It is great to have choice, but there are limited resources to cater for it all, here in Inverness. Still.......i guess its all made a few quid for the local businesses. I hope the promoters keep getting the acts up here, but, just are a bit more realistic with the prices they charge.

30 minutes ago, SMEE said:

I feel bad for Duran Duran. They deserved better. Im surprised so many events got given the go ahead this weekend, in such a small city. It is great to have choice, but there are limited resources to cater for it all, here in Inverness. Still.......i guess its all made a few quid for the local businesses. I hope the promoters keep getting the acts up here, but, just are a bit more realistic with the prices they charge.

No need! There were plenty there and they seemed to have a great night like the rest of us....

• Agree 1

Glad to hear that the Duran Duran concert went well.  I was at the Andrea Bocelli and whilst the performances of all the singers and musicians was superb, there were a host of organisational problems and sadly there are some pretty traumatic tales on social media today.  Tickets clearly sold better for this, but it was still far from full although I would suspect that a significant part of that was no shows because of Covid. We were in block E of the South Stand and the attached picture (sorry about the quality) shows the view we got.  That's Nicola Benedetti in red playing the violin.  Seats cost us over £100 each with the booking fee and with no indication there would be an obstructed view.  Even without the sound system scaffolding obstructing the view of the main performers, the view of the stage was severely restricted with us  able to see about a third of the orchestra and unable to see the choir at all.  Apparently there was a huge screen at the back of the stage but we couldn't see that either.  The screens at the side of the stage were very small and were not angled to give those in the North and South Stands a reasonable view of them.  There were a significant number of people to our left who would have had an even more obstructed view.  Not good.  We were speaking to friends after the concert who had been in the £150+ "platinum" seats near the front.  They were very unhappy because the height and depth of the stage meant that from their seats on the pitch their view was also significantly restricted.  Other complaints were about the limited food and drink outlets, no programme, very long waits to gain access to the stadium and, most serious of all, huge problems faced by folk with mobility issues in getting to and from the stadium.

It's great that the club want to be imaginative in finding ways to find alternative income streams, but there are a lot of folk who will certainly not be returning if similar shows are put on next year.  The club needs to proactively seek feedback from concert goers on what went well and what was not so good.  They need to address the not so good aspects and communicate the steps they have taken to address them if they are to  persuade people to buy tickets for similar events next year.

The tickets for Doofer's Mum and me cost more than my Season Ticket.  Believe me, I am not going to be complaining about not getting value for money from my season ticket this year.

8EB756D1-6696-48C3-9CC4-7CE7858E2307.jpeg

Good post DD, I think the club bit off more than they could chew!  A large event like this might be better run by people with more experience like the recent ones at the Bught park.

• 1 month later...