Kelty Hearts (A): Premier Sports Cup: 9 July

Robert

2 hours ago, Robert said:

Ticketing information:

https://ictfc.com/ticket-info-kelty-hearts-a-09-07-2022 

I was planning to go as not been at Kelty before, but I’ve tested positive today. Having dodged bullets for over two years, it had to happen at some point.

I’m now learning what a leper feels like!

It’s a decent wee ground with a social club and good catering. Much better experience than Cove but still a plastic pitch. Looking forward to it. Good news/ bad news is you might get a visit in a league game sometime.

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic

Possession

Home39% ---------------- Away61%

Shots

Home2 ---------------- Away7

Shots on Target

Home2 ---------------- Away2

Corners

Home2 ---------------- Away4

3 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Possession

Home39% ---------------- Away61%

Shots

Home2 ---------------- Away7

Shots on Target

Home2 ---------------- Away2

Corners

Home2 ---------------- Away4

And no goals :sad: will have to do better in the second half.

Mckay has hit the post, whilst Dan Mackay, Shaw and Oakley have replaced Doran, Samuels and Boyd during the second half.

May be heading to penalties…..

Edited by Robert

7 minutes ago, IBM said:

I would rather one goal for us!

And we have one!

Oakley, 9 minutes after coming on. An assist for Mckay. 

Edited by Robert
  • Funny 3

Full time.

Livingston away on Tuesday could be interesting given they only beat Albion Rovers 3-2 after being 3-0 up. It looks like a game we should be targeting three points from.

Edited by Robert

Should be looking for 3 points every game in this group in all honesty.

Nicked it late today , clean sheet is a bonus but they had chances for sure, and could have made us pay for squandering ours.

• Agree 1

Definitely.

We have underperformed in this competition format, only qualifying once, and if we don’t win the group we are likely to need 10 points to be a best second placed team and get through.

It won’t be easy on Tuesday, but it will also give us a feel for how well the squad is coming together.

Listening to Sportsound, it sounds like it was a decent game today. We should have had a penalty, we had some decent chances saved, and Mckay hit the post and had one cleared off the line, but equally Ridgers had a couple of good saves.

Hopefully our fans amongst the 601 crowd had a good day out. 

We have not won many games in the League Cup in recent years so three points is a big moment potentially. For George, this would have been a great moment after his early season leg break at Woking. Pleased with the result so that the Livingston game should be very interesting. All to play for. 

We were slightly better than a solid but unspectacular side, certainly in terms of possession. But it was Kelty who actually had most of the good chances, especially in the early stages of the 2nd half, and they really should have been in front but thanks to some good saves and poor finishing it stayed level. As the 2nd half progressed we look far more likely to score, Billy came closest with the glancing header which came back off the post, and in the last minute I was mightily relieved to see no flag raised as Oakley was played through on goal, after we had been caught offside countless times during the match.

Good result in the end, a win’s a win, but we are certainly not firing on all cylinders yet going forward with a distinct lack of good final ball or shot.

• Like 1

What Yngwie said, basically. There’ll be highlights so we can see whether George was offside or not. Kelty look like they’ll do ok in Lge 1. Quite a physical side who defended really well.
We had the better quality but not enough of it in the tight spaces in the final third. There’s been a few moans about the Boyd signing but I thought he was ok, very neat in possession. He was played pretty deep today, I assumed he was a striker. 
So we’ve equalled last season’s number of group wins already 😎
On to Livi on Tuesday and a chance to see if we can exploit the space and make/take more scoring chances against a team that won’t sit in for the majority of the game as Kelty did.

Yeah Boyd exceeded my expectations. Was playing left midfield (until he briefly replaced Doran as the 10) and certainly worked hard, got stuck in and was tidy enough with the ball, even if he isn’t an out and out winger in the traditional sense.

Thought the ref missed an awful lot by the way, for both sides.

How on earth did Carson not get a yellow for his deliberate handball? Not sure what he was thinking, palming away a high ball that was sailing out for a throw in a few yards behind him?

Edited by Yngwie

We had plenty of chances seeing the highlights. I miss not being able to watch online, open all mics is not the same. Looking forward to our first home game. 

• Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic