Congratulations on New Club Record

STFU

On 7/25/2022 at 6:54 AM, caleyboy said:

Most of what you say is pure speculation, directors investing in club, expected income  from concerts etc etc. If losses are as big as is suggested it is highly unlikely that the directors would take the risk again. The FC directors are responsible for generating income for the company to survive and the two FC directors who took the risk setting up the Concert co should be applauded, on the assumption that it was created solely to generate income for the FC. In my opinion, this should be moved to another area of the site.

I didn't say it in my post but I absolutely agree with you that the Directors who took the risk in setting up the Concert Company should be applauded.  But I don't understand why you disagreed with my post as in your post you seem to be agreeing with what I said.  You say "If losses are as big as is suggested it is highly unlikely that the directors would take the risk again." Again, I agree with you, but the consequence of that is as I stated, that the club would not then benefit from the income streams the Concert Company was set up to provide.  I also don't understand why you say this thread has nothing to do with the club when you yourself acknowledge that the Concert Company was set up to generate income for the Club.  I agree that the original post with its unsubstantiated, speculative claim is not helpful, but topic of the success or otherwise of the concerts is an important one and is very much relevant to the club.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

The concert company had the clubs name on it, was backed by club directors and fronted by the club CEO.  It used club resources for the planning, marketing and promotion of the concerts, sold tickets via the clubs ticketing system and had our commercial & sporting directors running around the city selling tickets and hospitality in the clubs name.  Nothing in any of the promotion gave mention that the football club was a separate, sole beneficiary.  It wouldn't have been seen as a requirement because everything was done to create the perception that people were dealing with the club.  The only organisation ever mentioned as separate beneficiaries on posters etc were the Highland Hospice as the charity partner.

You can't set up an external company to run up debts by taking on the burden of costs while another benefits from the income.  If the decision is taken to liquidate the concert company without settling debts then the club are so intrinsically linked that they could rightly be pursued for it, IMO.

3 hours ago, STFU said:

You can't set up an external company to run up debts by taking on the burden of costs while another benefits from the income.  If the decision is taken to liquidate the concert company without settling debts then the club are so intrinsically linked that they could rightly be pursued for it, IMO.

There is nothing to stop the sole owners of the concert company - Morrison and Dalgarno - giving their profits to the football club.  There is an awful lot to stop two directors of the football club using its assets to pay off the debts of another, separate company which they happen to own.

I thought sooner or later
The lights up above
Will come down in circles and guide me to love
But I don't know what's right for me
I cannot see straight
I've been here too long and I don't want to wait for it
Fly like a cannonball, straight to my soul
Tear me to pieces
And make me feel whole
I'm willing to fight for it and carry this weight
But with every step
I keep questioning what it's true
Fall on me
With open arms
Fall on me
From where you are
Fall on me
With all your light
With all your light
With all your light

13 hours ago, STFU said:

The concert company had the clubs name on it, was backed by club directors and fronted by the club CEO.  It used club resources for the planning, marketing and promotion of the concerts, sold tickets via the clubs ticketing system and had our commercial & sporting directors running around the city selling tickets and hospitality in the clubs name.  Nothing in any of the promotion gave mention that the football club was a separate, sole beneficiary.  It wouldn't have been seen as a requirement because everything was done to create the perception that people were dealing with the club.  The only organisation ever mentioned as separate beneficiaries on posters etc were the Highland Hospice as the charity partner.

You were talking nonsense at the start of the thread, and yup, you are still at it...............

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

One things for sure the concerts won’t attract new fans to ICT.

All I heard from various work colleagues friends etc that went the facilities were inadequate and the queues horrendous. 
Most commented on the location and they couldn’t understand how a stadium was ever constructed where it was. 

I never heard the exact figures now being branded as losses but that a loss was made maybe the board were too ambitious with the acts secured.

Could they or should they have ran a smaller event to begin with as a trial run?

Jedward? 

Dougal

You have got to wonder what the Duran Duran boys thought all about it?

Hundreds of empty seats in a half constructed stadium along with the waft of turds from the landfill site.

I guess not the most pleasurable of experiences and one they are unlikely to hurry back to in the future.

Dougal

1 hour ago, dougal said:

You have got to wonder what the Duran Duran boys thought all about it?

Hundreds of empty seats in a half constructed stadium along with the waft of turds from the landfill site.

I guess not the most pleasurable of experiences and one they are unlikely to hurry back to in the future.

Dougal

What utter utter nonsense. This does kinda make me think you haven't even been to the stadium. Hopefully you will take your last paragraph to heart and follow your own advice. 

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

Now now Huisdean we both know where your loyalties lie , love how guys like you switch allegiances depending on what way the wind blows. 

I’d hazard a guess you’ve seen far more games at Pittodrie than you ever have at the dump but I’m sure you will correct me if I’m wrong

By no means I’m singling you out there are many more on this site that have big teams too I can name a fair number if asked

Come on ye reds lol 😂 

Dougal

Edited by dougal
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, dougal said:

Now now Huisdean we both know where your loyalties lie , love how guys like you switch allegiances depending on what way the wind blows. 

I’d hazard a guess you’ve seen far more games at Pittodrie than you ever have at the dump but I’m sure you will correct me if I’m wrong

By no means I’m singling you out there are many more on this site that have big teams too I can name a fair number if asked

Come on ye reds lol 😂 

Dougal

Oh where have you been Dougal..........hiding under a stone in Dingwall

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

Although Dougal may prefer hanging around the jailend he does have a point about the concerts. I heard directly and through social media a huge number of issues, not so much with the location per se but with the logistics, with poor organisation,  horrendous ques and pathetic transport links leaving people (inc pensioners) stranded outside at the stadium after the opera guys concert. None of which really surprises me. 

The concerts were never likely to sell out, even with late 2 for 1 offers with both artists being fairly niche and aimed at the older age group predominantly. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

That's a shame in a way as I think with better organisation and the right artists it could work. Look at how successful the recent Amy Macdonald gig was or Belladrum (both sellouts I believe), there's obviously a demand for good live music here. 

2 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Don't remember asking  for thread to be removed or hidden, just moved to non football business.

correct - no-one has asked for it to be removed or hidden. 

The description of this forum is "This forum is for discussions that involve Caley Thistle either on or off the park. If your post is not football related, is not about Caley Thistle or doesnt fit in here for some other reason, please use one of the other forums".

Given the concerts took place at the stadium, involve people associated with the club, and were hoped to benefit the club if they made a profit, then this is the correct location as it is Caley Thistle related. There is no non-football business forum for Caley Thistle stuff, just general nonsense and to be honest, it fits in here better - whether we like it or not.  

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

correct - no-one has asked for it to be removed or hidden. 

The description of this forum is "This forum is for discussions that involve Caley Thistle either on or off the park. If your post is not football related, is not about Caley Thistle or doesnt fit in here for some other reason, please use one of the other forums".

Given the concerts took place at the stadium, involve people associated with the club, and were hoped to benefit the club if they made a profit, then this is the correct location as it is Caley Thistle related. There is no non-football business forum for Caley Thistle stuff, just general nonsense and to be honest, it fits in here better - whether we like it or not.  

Thanks  I don't have a problem with that explanation