Congratulations on New Club Record

STFU

I wonder how well Saturday will go because I'm fairly certain Edinburgh or Worcester fans won't be coming in their droves for a pre season friendly unless they are die hard fans that attend every single match no matter where that is 🤔

Another thing, how will the pitch hold up because I've seen pitches become poor once Rugby been played on it, probably due to the scrums etc!

4 minutes ago, CaleyTennis said:

I wonder how well Saturday will go because I'm fairly certain Edinburgh or Worcester fans won't be coming in their droves for a pre season friendly unless they are die hard fans that attend every single match no matter where that is 🤔

Another thing, how will the pitch hold up because I've seen pitches become poor once Rugby been played on it, probably due to the scrums etc!

It's Friday :wink: I hope they are just renting out the ground and not running the event.  I am sure the pitch will repair easy at this time of year.

Glasgow Warriors to kick-off 2022/23 season in Inverness | Glasgow Warriors

• Thank You 1

If you think our club may be in a bit of trouble, spare a thought for the fans of Worcester Warriors.  Worcester have received a winding up petition from HMRC and are thought to have an unpaid tax bill of around £6million.  Interestingly, their website seems to make no mention of the fact they are playing a game in Inverness on Friday.

I am finding it hard to separate the football club with the problems with the concert company.  I get why a separate company was set up to protect the football club but, is the football club not relying on profits from the concerts to keep it solvent?

The accounts that were signed off in May 22 for the football club says under going concern that the company can meet its liabilities for the coming 12 months with projections reliant on new income streams, in particular from contracted entertainment events.

I can only assume that this relates to the concerts????  If this is the case we could be in deep financial trouble.

53 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

OOOooooffftttt, thats not aged well has it

Ach, let it go.  Fans don't want to believe it when those charged with looking after the club get up to ludicrous nonsense that threatens to do it harm, and sometimes it sounds so ridiculous that it's impossible to believe until more legit sources than some stranger on the internet presents them.

There's more worrying comments on this thread, such as those hinting that it might have been ok to run up huge debts so long as it was artists and the like who will suffer the loss.  It's that kind of attempts at justification that leave the door open for people capable of these things to get a foot in to begin with.

Edited by STFU
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, highlandexile said:

I am finding it hard to separate the football club with the problems with the concert company.  I get why a separate company was set up to protect the football club but, is the football club not relying on profits from the concerts to keep it solvent?

The accounts that were signed off in May 22 for the football club says under going concern that the company can meet its liabilities for the coming 12 months with projections reliant on new income streams, in particular from contracted entertainment events.

I can only assume that this relates to the concerts????  If this is the case we could be in deep financial trouble.

I get the impression that the concert income was always viewed as possible extra revenue.

The ILI deal seems to me is the main 'new' projected income stream for the next 12 months .

Edited by Satan

21 minutes ago, Satan said:

I get the impression that the concert income was always viewed as possible extra revenue.

For who? As the venture failed we will never know whether any money would have been returned to the club or otherwise. Suppose there's 2 camps - those who believe and those who are cynical!!!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, STFU said:

There's more worrying comments on this thread, such as those hinting that it might have been ok to run up huge debts so long as it was artists and the like who will suffer the loss. 

Nobody has said anything of the sort. 

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

For who? As the venture failed we will never know whether any money would have been returned to the club or otherwise. Suppose there's 2 camps - those who believe and those who are cynical!!!

Would the club not be due a percentage of monies owed to it by the CoCo for rental of the facilities?

I'd assume that the football club is in the same position as the other creditors who aren't getting the full amount owed.

22 minutes ago, Satan said:

Would the club not be due a percentage of monies owed to it by the CoCo for rental of the facilities?

I'd assume that the football club is in the same position as the other creditors who aren't getting the full amount owed.

Who said there was a contract to pay for facilities? Unless there is a list of creditors produced and outstanding invoices its all conjecture, but you are correct if there was and the invoices hadn't already been paid then the club will have lost out on monies

17 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

If you think our club may be in a bit of trouble, spare a thought for the fans of Worcester Warriors.  Worcester have received a winding up petition from HMRC and are thought to have an unpaid tax bill of around £6million.  Interestingly, their website seems to make no mention of the fact they are playing a game in Inverness on Friday.

Hopefully it will go ahead - reported today that Worcester players won’t get paid tomorrow as the club’s bank accounts are frozen, but their shirt sponsor has offered to pay the costs for them to fulfil the fixture.

8 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Who said there was a contract to pay for facilities? Unless there is a list of creditors produced and outstanding invoices its all conjecture, but you are correct if there was and the invoices hadn't already been paid then the club will have lost out on monies

If the Football Club have been paid in full the whole situation will be and look even worse to those who are due money.

• Agree 3

On 8/29/2022 at 12:57 PM, Pele_Is_God said:

D59FD8DE-EB22-46E1-A724-EFA40EB348FB.thumb.jpeg.2a2790c1ebd4cbf791008dae2a1e1d73.jpeg

😂

Not that John Brown, it might be better if it was!

I meant the John Brown that is Scot Gardiner's business partner in their separate events company called The Longest Forty.

I wonder if they are due money from the concert company?

On 8/29/2022 at 10:44 PM, Yngwie said:

Hopefully the biggest creditors are the artists themselves, but I suspect they required at least part of their appearance fees to be paid upfront.

21 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Nobody has said anything of the sort. 

🤷‍♂️

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Quite embarrassing especially in light of recent stories in the media that we still have huge advertisements at the stadium for the concerts. 

They could be up there for a while it costs money to hire a cherry picker to remove them.

6 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

That’s the Rugby match off. Worcester have called off. No idea what impact that will have on the club’s finances. 

A rugby game is still going ahead - now Glasgow Warriors v semi pro side Ayrshire Bulls. Ticket refunds available up until 2pm on Friday. 

Not sure what the deal is for ICTFC though. It was Scottish Rugby that the tickets were booked through. I also imagine that Highland Rugby Club are due to benefit in some way as the match was/is part of their Centenary celebrations.