Partick Thistle -V- Inverness CT - Preview

tm4tj

6 minutes ago, Satan said:

I think the midfield is pretty weak, lacks pace and us providing little link up with the defence or attack, hence the hoofball.

.😏

On the midfield, I’ve thought for a while we need three in there as teams know how to play us.

Tonight is reinforcing that view. 

12 minutes ago, Satan said:

I think the midfield is pretty weak, lacks pace and us providing little link up with the defence or attack, hence the hoofball.

Hyde might be out of position, but both goals came from the right .😏

Yeah, But Hyde didn't track back to cover Tiffoney's run who took the ball away from Ridgers.

Shaw on for MacGregor.

I really like Roddy but central midfield as part of a pairing is not his best position. We need Carson or Welsh in there with Allardice and Roddy either a third one or playing further forward in the no 10 role. 

Edited by Robert

11 minutes ago, Robert said:

Shaw on for MacGregor.

I really like Roddy but central midfield as part of a pairing is not his best position. We need Carson or Welsh in there with Allardice and Roddy either a third one or playing further forward in the no 10 role. 

Agreed it would be nice to have Welsh in there but it would also be nice to see Welsh stay fit for a long period. Always seems to play a few games then gets injured and is out for weeks. The problem is he's so injury prone. It's really frustrating with him. If Carson went into midfield we then don't have anyone to play right back. Again it shows the madness to not sign full backs.

Edited by SteveA

Maybe the reality check we need.

Other than the first 45 against Cove we’ve not been convincing.

Yes we are missing players but we have a larger squad than last season.

Time to think whether we are too predictable and accept that teams know how to play against us and perhaps be more varied in our approach.

Tonight I think we asked too much of Hyde whilst we should have had three in central midfield but it is easy to be wise after the event.

We need to get our act together if we see ourselves as promotion contenders.

• Agree 2

A consolation by Oakley.

How do we pick the players to get points in the MOM? The only players deserving points were our opponents.

Maybe Delaney, Mckay and Oakley?

Edited by Robert

Why did no one claim for the penalty just before they scored their 4th???  The ball clearly came off the Partick keeper and then struck a defender on his arm.  McKay just shrugged his shoulders, and Partick went down the other end and scored.

It wasn't a penalty against us either.  Carson had his foot in front of the Partick forward's foot, and both missed the ball.

The referee was absolutely terrible.  Missed all the play-acting by Tiffoney, and the constant niggling by Graham.

Right now I am so glad that I don't have to watch this every week.

• Like 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic