How long do we wait until questioning the gaffer?

CaleyTennis

Now bear with me here, I'm not saying that I'm wanting him out yet but there does come a time when questions need asked on the managers position if things don't improve, last year it was after 11, I'm fairly certain I heard our CEO on the podcast just at the end of the season and remember him saying that if we didn't beat Arbroath then we would likely have made the change then but luckily we got the win then and didn't really look back..

One thing I do admire about this club is that we don't sack managers very often, which is a positive in that we don't have to pay compensation plus we give gaffers time to turn things around, exactly like St Johnstone did last season and that was despite strong cries from the support for their CEO to sack Callum Davidson.

So in terms of this season, would you say 11 games in before we start questioning Billy, in the hope that things improve pretty darn quickly?

I would give him that length of time tbh and hope that things improve asap and we get the injuries clear so that we can put out our strongest team possible.  I truly believe that the players are capable of better than they are producing and I'm convinced Billy knows that too.

I know I'm not the most patient fan in the world lol but I have backed Gregor Townsend and Steve Clarke for most of their tenure so I'm going to try my upmost to lay off Billy and give him the time he deserves to turn this thing around :ictscarf:

I am interested to hear your opinions though ;).

To be honest, I'm going to sound brutal here but if things don't improve quickly 11 games is being generous. Remember that last season we had a better start in terms of points on the board which ultimately saved him back then.

If we lose the next 2 or 3 games or should I say don't win them then we're staring at the wrong end of the table in a league that can be unforgiving. It's not just the games you give him, it's the time it then takes a potential new manager to turn it round so 11 games swiftly becomes half the season.

Asking should we wait until we've got players back from injury, not for me, I'd be questioning why we continually have players injured. Is it the staff or lack of expertise or are these players just injury prone and better gotten rid of. When does it end and when is enough enough.

Last time we were truly supportive of a manager we got relegated.

Given the extent of the nepotism at the club just now, I imagine Bully Dodds, Robbo and Gardiner would all need to be "asked to leave" together.  You could probably throw Wilson in to that as well, or might he be seen as the cheap option replacement?

I imagine it's all pretty academic as all of the above would need pay offs and we don't have a pot to **** in.

Well you can close this now because tonight was the last straw, Dudds needs to go NOW, we are ******* ABYSMAL just now 😡

But as always, the board will stay silent and let the dud carry on which then leads to a relegation dogfight!

I am getting sick fed up of these inept performances, they are becoming more frequent yet players and managers get off scot free which is not acceptable!

• Funny 2

8 hours ago, Fraz said:

You do love a call for the manager's head mun 😆

After the last 3 absysmal performances I think I'm justified plus I'm allowed to state my opinion, something a few on here would do well to remember!

Edited by CaleyTennis
Typo

On 9/1/2022 at 4:03 PM, CaleyTennis said:

After the last 3 absysmal performances I think I'm justified plus I'm allowed to state my opinion, something a few on here would do well to remember!

Chill, nobody is questioning your right to an opinion. Just any time you (or previous accounts) seem to start a thread it's about getting managers the boot, however you're entirely entitled to it. 

Edited by Fraz

On 9/1/2022 at 4:03 PM, CaleyTennis said:

Where’s Peter Pan tonight ? I’d have thought you’d be an actual adult but after 10 years of this I’ve discovered maybe you’re actually just a forever child. Fair post 

• angry 1

23 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Where’s Peter Pan tonight ? I’d have thought you’d be an actual adult but after 10 years of this I’ve discovered maybe you’re actually just a forever child. Fair post 

Mods, I'm getting sick of this now! If this isn't abuse then I don't know what is ffs, I don't come on here to get abused for **** sake, it's getting beyond a joke now 😡

Edited by CaleyTennis
  • Funny 2

given that you have already used the reporting system to notify us of this 'abuse', we will deal with it that way. As per our site terms, don't try to back-seat moderate in the thread. 

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...