Happy Clappers Caley Branch

Moogthurso

As chairman of the  happy clappy Caley  club I have an official announcement to make.

The happy chappy caley club will postpone all future happy clapping until future wins are secured.

Happy clappy members are advised to follow miserable pessimistic reality for the next three games. 

End of announcement. 

• Funny 2
  • Sad 1

I have not lost my optimism I am just sampling reality for three games only.

I still believe we have the best squad of the last three years. 

I love Daniel Mackay, Roddy, Samuel's Deas, Devine , Hyde, Billy, Allardice, Harper, Welsh, Carson, Ridgers.

I just think it's only fair for these next three games I feel the reality of the games like the players who must be having a horrific time adjusting expectation to reality. 

It's much easier to restart your season in football manager then the championship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moogthurso said:

It's much easier to restart your season in football manager then the championship.

Bet way to re-start or kick start a season is usually to shut up shop and build form the back with solid defending throughout and clean sheets, then focus on doing the basics well and build from there. I'm not sure we have the versatility of management to really change things round like that - its always just persist with the status quo and fingers crossed.

While we went on a decent run, then horror run before finishing strong last season, we seem to have a very fragile squad in terms of confidence (they always say it mirrors results) - very rarely do we have a single bad result then bounce back strongly, it drags on until we almost fluke a positive and then build again. Whether this is down to management or lack of leaders in the squad its not clear but we very much are a yo-yo team in terms of results.

• Well Said 1

8 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

I just think it's only fair for these next three games I feel the reality of the games like the players who must be having a horrific time adjusting expectation to reality. 

In all fairness, the reality is that they are better players than they are currently showing and while it's up to them to raise their game it's also up to the management team to help them deal with the expectation vs reality that you refer to. I don't think the expectation we put on them as fans is too much.

Doing a job they should love must be truly horrific though so my heart goes out to them.

If you, and everyone else, tempers their expectation then effectively you're accepting that we are worse and that's a bad thing, it doesn't put pressure on the team that they require to make them improve, work harder and do better. If we accept it, they accept it and nothing will change and we'll only go one way.

• 2 weeks later...