Supporters Trust Statement on Concert Company Concerns

DoofersDad

The ICT Supporters Trust Board has put the following statement on its website.

Inverness Caley Thistle Concert Company

The ICT Supporters Trust would like to confirm to supporters that we are aware of the current situation relating to the Inverness Caley Thistle Concert Company CVA and we are keeping an eye on proceedings as they develop.

In the meantime we would like to confirm that we will be meeting with the club next week and would welcome any questions or concerns that you have that you would like us to raise on your behalf. 

If there is anything you wish to raise - please email us at info@ictsupporterstrust.org or via our contact form and we would love you to join the Trust and be a member. (You can join here)

Edited by DoofersDad
  • Thank You 1

I hope I’m not too late for submitting questions in time for the meeting.

Picking up on the concerns of long standing, responsible fans on the discussion about the concerts, it is clear that there is a widely held concern about the financial stability of the club.

Whilst setting the Concert company up as a separate business gave some protection, fans would like to understand the Board’s view of the implications of its failure on the immediate financial stability of the club, and also on the future financial prospects given the reputational damage and loss of concerts as a future income stream.

What does it mean for this year’s budget as players were signed before the failure was known. Are we likely to see players sold in the January window to try to balance the books? Will we be able to maintain a squad that can get us back to the top league in the near future?

The departure of Keith Haggart is also a concern, given the general high regard those who had dealt with him had for him. He had clearly built relationships and brought in advertising and sponsorship, as well as revitalising the hospitality offering. What implications does his departure have?

I know businesses need to keep some information confidential, but I hope the club will give as open and honest dialogue as they can.

With fans worried, now is the ideal time for the Chairman or CEO to commit to regular (monthly?) updates on the club throughout the year. When times are tight, you batten down the hatches and keep those around you on side. The club needs to keep fans on side.

I hope the above thoughts and questions are helpful for the discussion.