FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

***Hamilton game off***

tm4tj

• tm4tj pinned this topic

Understandable, and a decision I agree with, but conditions would have been perfect this afternoon.

I wonder if the same will happen next weekend with the fixtures postponed if the Queen’s funeral is not until Monday 19th.

It may give some of our injured players time to recover so we hopefully have a stronger squad available for whenever we next play. 

Poor decision but one I expected as of course a football game is disrespectful but pretty much every else is fine, because reasons 🤷‍♂️. Should have been a minute silence and then get on with things. 

Went and watched the U14 ICTWFC team instead. 

• Agree 5

On 9/10/2022 at 5:32 PM, Fraz said:

🤷‍♂️Should have been a minute silence and then get on with things.

That's what we had at a bowling tournament in Elgin yesterday. The sport's governing body left it to regional associations' and clubs' discretion to take action as they felt appropriate. Club flags flew at half mast too.

Edited by Row S

On 9/10/2022 at 5:32 PM, Fraz said:

Poor decision but one I expected as of course a football game is disrespectful but pretty much every else is fine, because reasons 🤷‍♂️. Should have been a minute silence and then get on with things. 

Went and watched the U14 ICTWFC team instead. 

Decision was made jointly by the SFA and SPFL I think.  Like you I went to a girls match, and also did Parkrun, both of which carried on as normal but started with a minutes silence.

Football in this country was correctly called of in my opinion.

The sad reality is that fans from some clubs maybe not them all would fail miserably to observe a minutes silence which says a lot about the society we now live in. 

Dougal

• Agree 3

Glad to see people posting.  Thought the site must have gone into lockdown as a mark of respect as a post of mine disappeared from last week and no other content was appearing.

1 hour ago, dougal said:

Football in this country was correctly called of in my opinion.

The sad reality is that fans from some clubs maybe not them all would fail miserably to observe a minutes silence which says a lot about the society we now live in. 

Dougal

Disagree.  The reason the world's in such a mess is because we keep pandering to/catering for the lowest common denominator and knuckle draggers.

Dundee away will be a challenging match but they’ve slipped up too, so one we need to target three points from.

Hopefully the week off means we have more players to choose from with some of the injuries hopefully cleared up.

• Agree 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic