Close at the top!

Caley Mad In Berks

I can't think of another season when things have been so tight at the top of the Championship table.  At a quick glance  I reckon that, by the end of this week (Sat 29 Oct), any one of the current top 6 could, mathematically, be top of the table.  That is a position that we will lose tomorrow night, when Ayr play Partick.  I think a draw between these two is in our best interests. Then, on Friday, we have our 'must win' TV match at Morton.  Also that night QP play Dundee, where, again, I think a draw would suit us best.  And on Sat, I hope that Arbroath and Raith can do us a favour by beating Ayr and PT respectively.  One way or another it is going to be an interesting week.  Let's hope results go our way and we find ourselves at the top again by 5pm on Sat.   Onwards and upwards!

Early days of course. Only 12 games played so far.

It'll start to look more realistic at the turn of the year, bottom 2 or 3 will drop off and the top 7 will split into 2 groups - 2 or 3 teams vying fir the title and the rest scrapping for the glory of playoff spots. 

Who knows where we will end up, especially when we start to pick up injuries. 😉