Morton friday night tv game

tm4tj

Dodds has been getting ratty with a few players in the last month or so. Maybe he is feeling the pressure that supporters have been putting him under when performances have been poor. However, in terms of man management, the current crop of injuries would seem to suggest that support and sympathy are vital to retain unity under very trying circumstances. I did not expect us to win at Morton but potentially we had no too bad a team on the park. The Manager needs to calm down and put a supporting arm around EVERY player to help us tough this out. 

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

1 hour ago, WYNESS101 said:

2nd goal: saved the pen then he looked to go into slow motion for Morton to tap in the rebound 

You have to look at the defenders too. The taker Gillespie is always going to be favourite for any rebounds, but Muirhead is in the box sharpish, holding off Delaney. Meanwhile Duffy doesn't really burst a gut to get there either.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Dodds has been getting ratty with a few players in the last month or so. Maybe he is feeling the pressure that supporters have been putting him under when performances have been poor. However, in terms of man management, the current crop of injuries would seem to suggest that support and sympathy are vital to retain unity under very trying circumstances. I did not expect us to win at Morton but potentially we had no too bad a team on the park. The Manager needs to calm down and put a supporting arm around EVERY player to help us tough this out. 

Our job is to support the team. Regardless of how we do that his job is to man manage the team and I agree he needs to find a way to get us through this patch by supporting his fit players as well as the injured. 

• Well Said 6

On 10/28/2022 at 10:44 PM, Jaggernaut said:

Well another game where we could have played till midnight and never scored. Again, wrong tactics for me from Dodds. You have to control the midfield, that means playing one up top with midfield supporting. Playing Oakley with Bill Mckay just doesn't give us enough. And I really thought his subs were bad, and as for his interview after the match, that is just unprofessional, creating something that should have been kept in the dressing room, now we all want to know what happened! I'm starting to get the feeling that Dodds is losing the dressing room, if he hasn't lost it already. I don't see these players wanting to run through brick walls for him, there's no zip and no passion.

The problem I have with the 'stronger midfield' suggestion, is precisely who else we were going to put in midfield?  Arguably he had to hold Hyde back to replace Welsh, who was starting his first game in months, Shaw was kept back to replace Doran. The only thing he could have done was play McKay deeper. I actually felt we were passing pretty well [including forward!], and there was good movement at times [pretty much what the BBC commentary noted], there were even some good balls in, but yes the cutting edge wasn't quite there.  Boyd had a pretty good game until he got sight of the goal and then it went to pot. We also pushed the full backs up quite a bit with both Delaney and Carson doing quite well [until the last 20mins perhaps] but it left an untried CB pairing exposed.  It's not a reflection on Duffy/Ram who have barely played this season, let alone together, but I feel a Deas/Devine CB line-up would have seen us get something out of the game [although can you legislate for Ridgers howler?]   Once Morton got two ahead it allowed them to dictate the game and defend in a 'relaxed' way, but the early signs had been good. Seeing Samuels on the bench is encouraging, Mackay needs help and those two are a good pairing. I don't think Dodds has lost his players, clearly an issue with Ridgers, which I think was a carry over from a previous game or two?

• Agree 3

I'll present this as a conspiracy as I have no evidence and don't want to name my source.

Our CEO was told to cut costs and that included not renewing the expired contract of our Sporting Director.  To avoid having to sack his buddy, the CEO decided to  justify keeping the Sporting Director by temporarily giving him the duties of the outgoing Commercial Director.

The Sporting Director isn't liking this and has hatched a plan to remove the current Manager and either move back to that position himself or appoint a less experienced and cheaper alternative that will then allow him to be more hands on in that area without putting himself in the firing line and justify him retaining the Sporting Director position.

Relationship between Dodds and Robbo/Gardiner has been strained for over a year now.

Ridgers and Robbo are very close.

In other news. Grassa is about to make a return to the board.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Wyness - you were misinformed - a window of the supporters bus was minimally damaged whilst carrying out a traffic manoeuvre in a very tight area.   That’s how rumours start - from exaggeration.  The damage was so slight the bus was able to continue its journey - if smashed that would not have been possible.  Check facts please. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, STFU said:

How can you call someone misinformed and then confirm that what they said was correct and a window was damaged? 😂

There’s a difference between ‘smashed’ and minimal damage.    

• Agree 1